CCP you did it wrong!

I recently spotted a player few days old that was flying tengu. Do you think CCP have seen an oportunity when new players train for platform like tech 3 cruiser? CCP became focused on this class of ship recently.

T3 crusier pilots often use skill injectors to regain lost SP after death. CCP earns ~140 PLEX with every produced skill injector …

EVE is about as far from pay to win as you can get. It’s almost a pay to lose game. I recently killed an Orca that I found mining an anom in lowsec, the toon was 22 days old. He threw all his money at the game but made no effort to try to learn about the game and, as a result, ended up doing something an educated player knows is really dumb. Unless the orca is bait, of course, which at first I thought it was, and organised a blops drop on standby just in case.

EVE is know to win, and by win I mean on the smallest scale. Money doesn’t buy competence, or brains, or wit, or PVP prowess. It can only by SP and isk, and those things can only contribute so much before somebody with an even better understanding of the game gets sick of your ■■■■ and decides to take you down a peg.

If EVE is pay and SP to win, then you’re going to have to explain how I was able to kill a PIRAT T2 fit Raptor in a 1v1 with a toon with less than 5mil SP and an Incursus fit with no T2 modules at all.

And even if you say, “well PIRAT is bad,” you lose the pay to win argument, because that’s a direct example of a cheaper ship flown with lower skils beating a more expensive one with much more SP behind it, and all you do if you say “well PIRAT is bad” is confirm that his lack of skill is what resulted in his loss, not his lack of money or SP.

5 Likes

Eve is not pay to win at all; in some ways with f2p/alpha it is even less of a “pay to win” game.
Get other alpha players and FORM A FREAKING FLEET. It isn’t costing you anything to fleet with other players to take on harder targets, and I promise you that adding more pilots to your fleet has a greater positive effect than throwing more isk at a single hull with a high SP toon.
Make some friends; nothing is stopping you other than yourself.

I think you need to re-read my post, mate. You’re preaching to the choir. Try reading the whole thing this time. Cheers.

Yea, you will drag your ass back as soon as you play ANY other MMO. Eve is still one of the most challenging game’s to play (well if you PLAY EVE, not HS solo mining fleet) the skill injectors are for the players that whine about not getting exp for playing and can’t wait on their skill que IMHO.

1 Like

HS Solo Mining Fleet: The Rockening is still better than many MMOs. :new_moon::heavy_dollar_sign:

–Rock-Lovin’ Gadget

3 Likes

So can I have your stuff?

Somehow these colorful new forums somehow make anger and arguing seem more… cuter. :postal_horn::small_airplane::cheese: Anyway, carry on.

hello friends whats goin on in this thread

1 Like

hello tanuki kittybeta is your name japanese
what does it mean

http://www.stevensirski.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Tuzki-Headbang.gif

yup, plex prices, no real new content etc no wonder player numbers drops

1 Like

[quote=“Khergit_Deserters, post:48, topic:6947, full:true”]
Somehow these colorful new forums somehow make anger and arguing seem more… cuter.[/quote]

2 Likes

EVE has been pay-to-cheat ever since you could subscribe multiple accounts. More accounts often meant you were more effective against any given problem (mining, industry, scout), but they were never detrimental to anything but your wallet. They’re an absolute must if you want to get into the spai game because API checks.

You’ll always get the players who can’t figure out how to use whatever they paid for together, but then there are the ones who can. Those will always have the advantage over equally skilled players with fewer accounts. In a game which is competitive by its very nature, that’s a problem. The player with more money to throw at a problem isn’t automatically better, but by definition does have more resources to use against whatever they’re trying to do.

When PLEX came along, that just meant you could pay to not deal with the gathering of ISK. It had a lot to do with the “$4000 of Internet spaceship” PR problem we’ve made over the years, because those sites always write about the value of wrecked Internet spaceships by their value in PLEX.

And when injectors came along, we could have an armada of toons just buy their way into the flavor-of-the-year fit before it’s even released. It doesn’t matter? It’s a PvP game. That’s what makes this design work for raking in money. Oh, and it makes the game look like Game of War, which is so bad, player acquisition literally means stalking people on Facebook before chatting them up and trying to recruit them.

Please don’t call it pay-to-win, because that gives it too much credit. Winning is free: unsubscribe, uninstall, forget about the game.

Yea, they did it very wrong from the get go. Should have been more like every other decent MMO out there. Just perma ban all multiboxing, botting, hacking, etc. straight and outright. Ban the account, ban any related payment methods and ban the IP address to boot.

This would have been a so much better game.

Kinda too late now though, I suppose now all we can do is just stick around until some good competition arrives.

1 Like

I heard there is this new spaceship game coming out anywhere near 2030 and it’s not p2w (if you don’t count the ships being sold for 15.000$).

Personally hoping for an influx of players after the fps thing* release. People gonna check the “old” game same way they go read the source material after watching something good.

*and for the FPS thingy itself.

1 Like

What kind of players do you think yet another f2p game in the EVE universe will attract? People willing to spend money, or people who will drive the price of plex up even further?

Looking at shooters (most have a 1 time payment, so closer to f2p than eve) those are the players willing to spend real money on cosmetics.

With advice like that, it’s safe to say you’re not a fan of Eve - it kind of comes off like you hate it. So I can’t help but ask, why stick around the forums of a game that you hate?

3 Likes

EVE is addiction. EVE is destruction. You cant win EVE, EVE wins you. :joy:

2 Likes