CCPlease Reimagine Capships

Id be okay with “If you bring a super into hisec, all corps in eve enter a wardec state with your corp”. Also, you cant be in an NPC corp while owning a super in hisec.

You should be allowed to jump a high sec gate in a super, but it should be regarded as a criminal offense and the safety shouldn’t prevent it.

There you go, caps are allowed in highsec.

Briefly.

If you put your pod in the cap, knives go up your bum…

Too far?

yes? and are you able to defend yourself in hisec now?
there is no need super or dred to kill anyone in hisec - powerblocks just have that power for a long time.

And to a certain extent, this is something I would like to see happen, if only for the forum shrieking that’s sure to ensue the first time nullsec brings a dread ball to high sec and burns a few constellations down for laughs.

The brand of schadenfreude that results from someone getting what they asked for is usually the most flavorful.

1 Like

I think the issue with having Supers in Hi Sec with active War Decs should give anyone pause.

PIRAT HAW dread gatecamps sound pretty amazing really.

I have changed my mind. Caps in High plx

2 Likes

Well, at least they will have plenty of warning that someone thinks their shenanigans are no longer funny, since there will be no Hot-drop-O’Clock in Hi Sec…

I like that idea too. Just to be fair, we will delay concord response by 40 seconds. So if you want, you could try to maybe run for the gate and go back into lowsec before concord destroys you.

There is a need for everyone else to be able to kill a super or dread in hisec, though.

They aren’t special and different, fundamentally. They’re ships, they just happen to be the biggest ones. Before capships, freighters and battleships were the biggest. The only different thing about them fundamentally is their ability to jump to cynos, but even that isn’t so different - there are jump freighters which can jump as well.

Fair enough, but the price you pay for dps/cost is you’ll need a lot of pilots.

Sure, in theory. As long as it’s fair (I haven’t bothered to run any analysis).

No. Again, Stealth bombers are a great ship for ganking because they are a great balance between cost and damage. With rigs, you deal around 800, 850 damage overheated.

Youre already getting DPS/Cost.

And on top of that, what you propose will also require a lot of pilots. A lot.

This isnt DPS/Cost OR lots of pilots. Its DPS/Cost AND lots of pilots.

Well, no, the fair thing is not to let capitals into hisec.

1 Like

That’s what I said. The price you pay in DPS/Cost is requiring a lot of pilots.

Then there is no point in talking further.

Hmmm…maybe caps in hisec is a good idea after all…

It would be highly entertaining.

A lot of people would probably rush past the disgustingly pathetic smaller *spit ships and credit card their way into caps.

ALOD supershadenfreude! NaCL epicness!

Imgur

This will not change.

Good riddance.

2 Likes

So youre basically agreeing with me that if Supers were allowed into hisec, you would have to gank with ships that have high DPS, low relative cost, and would require a lot of pilots?

So its the worst of all possible options?

If you fail to bring better arguments as to why you think capitals should enter hisec, then yeah. The discussion is over.

1 Like