Changes coming in August from Team Psycho Sisters

This is something we will investigate. At the moment you can use the column sorting functionality to refresh the ranges. Not a good solution I admit, but it is something.

How large are we talking? Tens, hundreds, thousands? Throw a bug report my way with as much information as possible, I will happily investigate more.

We are looking at filtering options just now.

The information is still there, it is in a new tooltip on the value once you select the entity.

How many bookmarks do you have? This will help me to recreate a similar test scenario and test myself.

The best thing would be to submit a bug report with this information and while it is happening so I can see if there is any extra information in the logs.

I am assuming you are launching them from the HUD. If you are, then this was a defect that is fixed for August and launching from HUD will now be launching in Pinpoint formation.

1 Like

Dear God! This is huge! This is a life-changer for explorers.

Iā€™m down to 2141 Personal Locations now.

but whats being done to lower plex prices?

When you already do some changes for exploration, why not consider making the access to expeditions easier: https://meta.eveonline.com/t/easier-access-to-escalations-and-expeditions/11270

at least that we can right click in space to warp to the site

So much this. I very much dislike the auto-expansion as I use the map for route navigation far more than I use it for system exploration. If I want it expanded I want to do that conciously (eg. double-clicking the system name).

Not looking to filter things out I just want them displayed in an order that makes sense. Having
4.87 Caldari State
7.08 Minmatar Republic
-2.85 Amarr Empire
does not make sense.

Is the tooltip live ? as when I select anything all the tooltip displays is the standing number?

I wanna know what the other teams are working on for August or is Team Psycho Sisters the only team left at CCP who likes to share the happiness?

I need my wet dreams!!!:drooling_face:

Team Mutiny is working on smarter, adaptive and more dangerous NPCs, especially in Null.

oh! please share.

1 Like

so much :heart:

Yeah not only this potential use, but also wouldnā€™t want to login and be missing strategic bookmarks in a hole

Iā€™ve always used folders for simplifying batch deletion of temporary bookmark collections.

An opt in of sorts could work perhaps

@CCP_Claymore while youā€™re at it, any chance we get an awesome in-game Wormhole mapper, with corp/alliance/finer granulated group functionality? :smile:

While this would be nice, It wouldnā€™t be as customized as the other 3rd party options out there. Pathfinder, Tripwire and Siggy all have their perks and are actively maintained (AFAIK).

Unless CCP can meld the best parts of these tools into an ingame tool people would probably just stick with the current options.

@CCP_Claymore - Please seriously consider changing the behaviour of the probe scanning interface to filter all non selected sigs. It was perfectly fine in the other scanning system and the current one is a pain for a large list of sigs.

I see that you worked on the map some more:

Why do you put work into making dots become smaller the closer you zoom into the system? This is useless. If I zoom into a big red dot on the old map, I keep vividly aware of what the big red system is. On the new map on Sisi, the dot shrinks further and further and if I zoom too far, the sun completely blocks the data indicator dot. This ā€œfeatureā€ needs to get removed because it serves no purpose and only makes the map harder to read.

Why are there color gradient gate lines for instance on planet type view or station count view? I understand this feature for data displays on security status or NPC kill count per system view because it high lights paths or wandering hotspot areas more, but on the station count or planet type view, this same functionality makes the map a lot harder to read.

There is also some really ugly inertial when you move around the map with right click. This inertial also needs to get removed completely, as it was suggested time and time again in all feedback thread for all map iterations over the years.

Another thing are the bookmarks. You turned them off by default now, I guess? That is great ā€¦ but useless because they are now also turned off in the solar system zoom level where you actually want to see them. Turning them on also creates enormous lag and makes the map unusable because it starts stuttering and zoom randomly and inconsistently because of lag. I see that you put effort into the display animation of bookmark icons. Very good that you wasted your work time into making the icons appear in random patterns instead of fixing the functionality as suggested in all previous feedback threads.

2 Likes

We have a defect and are taking a look at this.

Just to be clear, is your issue that once you begin to move the probe object the framerate basically dies and it is difficult to move the probe object?

Exactly, in some systems and some situations (number of objects?) the framerate goes down to 1-2 FPS once you try moving the probes, and competitive probing is not possible anymore.

But in general the performance of the new scan window is much worse than the old. Once the map is open with the scan cube my graphics card goes nuts and I rarely get more than 20-30 FPS anyway. With the old map/interface I always had smooth 60 FPS. Itā€™s the scan cube, without, the map is fine.

1 Like