Team Psycho Sisters here with a little post about what we have on Singularity ready for you to test before it all goes live in August.
There will be a devblog coming soon with more details. Ideally this would have been out before now, but summer vacations and everything have delayed it a little.
* When using the "Save Location" option on entries in the Probe Scanner window, the signature ID will now be added automatically to the front of the bookmark name.
* Scanned signatures will now be persisted for the duration of a client session. They will no longer be cleared on a session change for example docking/undocking, jumping wormholes etc
NPC Standings UI:
* There is a new Standings UI. Both tabs are currently active but we will disable the old one before releasing to TQ. We are not touching player to player standings UI at the moment.
For some upcoming work we have had to dip into the Beta map code. The following changes are currently live on Singularity.
- Reduce the number of solar system labels by only showing those in the selected constellation.
- Reduce number of constellations by only showing those in the selected region.
- Always show the selected solar system if any regardless of zoom level.
- Only expand solar system map once zoomed in beyond a certain threshold.
- Refined line colors to make selected constellations/regions stick out better. Region and constellation jump lines should now also be clearer.
- Hovering region/constellation labels now gives a simple highlight effect
- "Abstract mode" now only flattens to 25% of actual depth and comes with a camera that pans along the map plane.
- Fixed clicking search entries.
- Clicking landmarks labels now opens show info.
- Removed "Color predicted jump route on click" functionality as it felt very confusing.
- Fixed issue where orbiting the camera could accidentally click a solar system.
- Average security of systems is now shown on constellation bracket. It goes away when the solar system is selected.
- When in grouped mode, clicking a constellation or region is now much more snappy.
- Hovering a solar system will now show how many jumps away it is.
- Now using fitting screen nebula with scanning window background effect (hatched lines tinted with UI theme color).
- Fixed issues with map when in a wormhole system.
- Bumped up opacity of constellation markers a bit.
- Introduced a breadcrumb style label that shows the selected region/constellation/system and the corresponding faction (if any). Clicking a location will zoom and pan to it.
- Solar systems in autopilot route are now always shown if zoomed in close enough. Same goes for active system.
- Map camera is now pitch constrained so it cannot go below the map plane.
- Clicking a region or a constellation will now zoom in if we're zoomed out further than twice the look at distance for either of them.
- Hovering a region or constellation will now highlight its lines.
- Region labels are now brighter when zoomed out.
- Ctrl+clicking a solar system will now set it as destination, Ctrl+shift+click will add waypoint.
- Implemented a very basic compass that points north clicking it will reset the yaw, so north is up. Space North...! This is still being worked on.
- Double clicking the scene will now take you to your current location.
- Bookmarks are now shown correctly on the map, both bookmarked systems and entities within them.
- Made constellation markers a bit brighter when a region is selected.
- Fixed issue with dragging systems out as links.
- We also have defect fixes coming.
- Work has been done to improve the overall performance of the beta map, performance testing is being carried out at the moment to see how much we have managed to improve it.
If you encounter anything you believe is a bug please submit a bug report. If you are unsure how to submit a bug report, please follow this link and have a read https://community.eveonline.com/support/test-servers/bug-reporting/
We really look forward to your feedback and comments.
Team Psycho Sisters