Changes coming in August from Team Psycho Sisters

Could you submit a bug report for me from within the client?

I am curious what machine spec you are running and if we can recreate internally. Would love to try and increase the performance in these areas more if we can.

Already submitted one in May about the general performance issue with the new scan interface: EBR-121047

1 Like

Brilliant! Thank you.

1 Like

Some feedback:

Camera moves way too fast in the new solar system map. And the speed has been upped in system map too! It is way too fast, even the current solar system map is a bit too fast for my liking.

The problem of map speed - selected object is still in. Video for those who donā€™t know:
Current eve solar map. This is annoying https://streamable.com/0b9ku
SISI star map. This is ridicilous https://streamable.com/ovdov

The maps (star and solar) have some kind of negative mouse acceleration. Moving the mouse 1cm fast moves map less tham moving mouse 1cm slowly. Iā€™d prefer unaccelerated movement.

These three problems make precise d-scanning really horrible experience. For example trying to d-scan individual asteroid belts of a planet.

The flattening being incomplete doesnā€™t feel nice. Iā€™d prefer the tactical map to be completely flat and constellations and regions being spaced out a bit to get rid of overlaps. There is also no reason to have camera panning in flat map.

The map is tiring to read. Gray lines on gray background is very poor choice of coloring (shade of gray depends on UI settings). Needs more contrast.

Suggestions:

• Remove panning from tactical view.
  • Remove solar system map from tactical star map.
  • Remove mouse acceleration.
  • Drastically reduce map move speed.
  • Move constellations and regions further apart in tactical view to avoid overlapping. Add extra empty space where needed.
  • More contrasting colors for star map
1 Like

(continued due to some link restriction)
What is this random yellow line? http://i.imgur.com/vorAJfV.png
It appears when Boystin is my selected system and Iā€™m in Boystin. After I jumped to pertineere it doesnā€™t show anymore but after I jump back to Boystin it appears again.

Standings UI feedback:

Really nice how you can start epic arc conversation from standings window!

Figures without axes are evil and should not exist. http://i.imgur.com/Crg8Ukm.png
Iā€™m serious on this one. There must be axes.

Every single faction and corporation says that completing an epic arc on behalf of them increases standings. There are only few corporations/factions with epic arcs.

Some factions donā€™t have agent points on the standings bar even though they have agents (IB for example).
All factions have ā€œyou are attackedā€ on -5.0 even if they only hold null/low space. (all pirate factions, drifters etc.).

The faction warfare checkpoint on the bar should probably mention that corp standing works too if personal is too low.

The faction/corp/agent list has several ordering choices. What does ā€œdefaultā€ here do? It seems to group to empire/pirate/something? Maybe some more descriptive name.

Some filters on faction/corp/agent list would be nice.

• Checkbox for agents of certain level/type (L1-5, storyline, COSMOS, epic arc). So you could for example only show L2 agents that are not COSMOS agents.

Lot of awesome looking stuff. My only question is that, if the double clicking the top window bar on the beta map still makes it fullscreen? Or if your fixing it to match every other window in the game and have it minimize to title bar.

If you keep changing the probe scanning, could you please make it so that pressing Enter when focused on the solar system map starts the probe scanning cycle? Itā€™s quite inconvenient having to move the mouse over to the probe scanner window, click there and then hit enter.

Alternatively, could you please move the probe controls from the bottom of the probe scanning window to the top where they belong? Itā€™s quite incomprehensible having 2 control areas at opposite ends of the window.

@Rivr_Luzade
You can bind a key for scanning cycle. But since the game wonā€™t allow conflicting keybindings I doubt you can use enter.

Inconvenient and not as easy to use as just Enter. I do not have any keybind left on the left side of my keyboard that is easy to use. Anything there would require CTRL + Alt + actual key, which is extremely hard to use and not quicker than moving the mouse.

There is no reason why this should not work as it works in the probe window already.

So again, let me recapā€¦

1. Itā€™s still require both hands to use probe scanner.
  2. The probe control buttons are still messed up and trying to run probe analysis recall all probes.

I did not miss anything important? No?

Yeah, the most annoying change, the rest I got used to by rearranging the windows. You can use the AU slider and mouse scroll wheel, but this is inconvenient and slow.

I use middle mouse button for scan cycle and mosue side up/down to change scan area size. Works nicely for single hand scanning.

1 Like

I donā€™t even want to know.

although hovering a solar system will show how many jumps away , the cursor is blocking the number

These are good changes!

Please do something about the data visualizations. When I go exploring, I set the map to show # pilots in space last 30 minutes to pick a route. 1 pilot in space should not look the same as 30 pilots in space. They should be visually different at a glance.

Likewise, the various color gradients used seem to be bizarre matching earth tones and other shades that do not help to differentiate regions, constellations, sov, or anything else.

CCP Claymore, could you guys remove the outline around the heat map orbs and change the Jumps per Hour heat map to show dark blue for the lowest value like it is currently? Those aspects of the old map are perfect for quickly digesting the information displayed, and shouldnā€™t be changed just for the sake of looking ā€˜updatedā€™. Thank you.

1 Like

Very good point.

Can you tell me where/how? Iā€™m lost in the shortcut menu ā€¦

@Tipa_Riot
They are in ā€œcombatā€ section named ā€œincrease probe scan rangeā€, ā€œdecrease probe scan rangeā€ and ā€œrefresh porbe scanā€.

2 Likes