Changes coming in August from Team Psycho Sisters

Thanks got it to work! Mouse4 and 5 are no changing the probe size.

1 Like

I just tried to upload what makes me nuts with the beta map still. This for example looks totally confusing. Is the system in another one? The gate to system thing makes the lines very obscurred. And the solar map… it doesnt helps me, but look at it - where are they actually? i either want solar system OR starmap. As long as i cant set it to be points that are connected to each other, it makes it harder to read. imagine Google maps or something where the building plan just pops out and goes way over the streets into other buildings - nobody would like that, either.

4 Likes

Anyone talk about Alliance wide bookmarks ? Please and pretty please we need it have needed it for ages and will need it till its available !

By the way, that.
The starmap is unreadable with solarsystem map overlaying it.

Another thing that really, really, really bothers me is your messed up new bookmarks icon. That thing hovers above the actual bookmark position, which is extremely utterly incomprehensible and makes reading the map a lot harder than it should be. The icons should be exactly where the bookmarks are and not hovering around in a tooltip.

1 Like

I’m trying to keep my scanning- and map-related bitching to a minimum but this really is just irritating.

I’d please like probes to center on a heading and range interface like fighters, and or centering on a clickable map object

any chance that probes can be centered on items clicked in overview, or perhaps bookmarks? You could probe hunt without having the system window open.

maybe ctrl+click. celestials out of range and bookmarks can’t be locked anyway. could the game check for probes before giving the ‘you are too far away’ message?

click to center probes on scan results, even.

That used to be possible in the past before the changes to the current system were implemented, but in return we did not have patterns. If you want probe centering, you would lose the patterns and again would have to manually configure probes into patterns with every launch. Centering probes with a button press and patterns in combination are too powerful.

Too powerful? That’s game balance based on the awkwardness of the UI. It’s horrible. If it’s too powerful, scan times should be increased so the UI can be less clunky.

What about removing repetitive tasks

Yes, being able to instantly have a perfect scan probe formation on top of your head to scan down someone is too powerful. And reducing the scanner duration is a very irritating change to compensate because it does not affect only the first run but all scanner cycles, which makes scanning more tedious than the current launch and move of probes for the initial scan.

Just to note, the scan speed was already nerfed by a couple of seconds per run with the introduction of the new interface. Before the scan started immediately when you didn’t move probes (just formation change), now it always takes them to “warp” first.

ugh. you’re right, yeah, intuitiveness, what’s it good for.

Iirc the formation change was brought about under Soundwave’s tenure, after he spent some time in wormholes. He left but hmm what are the chances it could still be iterated on.

Nerf combat probers, make ratters safer?

hmm? The goal would be keeping the mechanic’s effectiveness about the same, while making the game more intuitive.

There’s quite a bit of graphic work being done to the scan interface but the usability isn’t improving with it.

If the game balance was moved out of the UI and into stats then covops and scanning ships could have a stronger defined role compared to other ships.

Nevermind, the scan mechanic itself is good as it is right now imo.

meh. I suppose this is going to be a disagreement.

The beta map is just too graphical and complicated, needs to be less 3D

1 Like

Hey.
Do we really need a number part of a sig in a name? For example tripwire doesnt even use the number part of a sig.
Is it even possible to have aaa-100 and aaa-101 in a system at the same time?

What does the number part indicate in the first place? I heard in the past it was an indication of the age of the signature, but that does not make sense.