Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

Not sure about this.

I guess the nice thing is you cant keep your cyno lit on an unkillable cap for 10 minutes until you form a cap blob to drop on the other dudes, and trying to warp in a cyno recon alt could prove more difficult if theres bubbles next to an online inhib. I think this is perfectly fine and gives some counterplay to the attacker, as long as the defender does not have a pre-formed cap fleet ready to jump the moment the cyno goes up (since the recon will die pretty quickly).

On the other hand I think JFs needing to have a recon cyno alt is quite the PITA, especially since the hulls arenĀ“t exactly disposable. IĀ“d rather have maybe a 3rd type of cyno that only JFs can jump to, one that can be fit to whatever ship.

I think a more elegant solution would have been to buff inhibs so they online instantly and become at least somewhat repairable by logi, as this would not have been such a massive sudden game change.

I still canĀ“t understand the autistic screeching of some people tho. Unsubbing just because you now need to put at least some effort into keeping your ratting super safe? Just go play Fortnite, will ya?

4 Likes

This is criminally stupid.

4 Likes

it will prolly be offlined

Wow the salt mountains are real

2 Likes

Meh, itā€™s demonstrably fine. The big groups will adapt quickly, the smaller groups have always gotten fuckered harder anyway, and it does solve more problems than it creates.

Boy do i love this. Low sec solo pvp is back - take my money CCP.

6 Likes

Ok, CCP, seriously, youā€™re not wrong, Cynos are a problem, Iā€™ve proposed in the past other ways to deal with these, this is, at best ham-fisted, at worst, a disgusting ploy to sell injectors. Look at things like distance-based time to jump, or using the cyno ship to fuel the jump instead of the thing with the jump drive as alternatives that provide meaningful counterplay (Keeping a cyno on field longer for longer range support and making it so that large jump-ing can only be handled by DSTs and the like).

What on earth are you doing here? I can fly those ships, and this seems silly and pointless. Big groups can have plenty of these people, but in smaller groups youā€™re already clawing to get a newbro into a cyno and teach them to use it right, let alone having to sacrfice between 10% and 20% of the strength you can field as now capital pilots will instead end up being the ones lighting the cynos.

Edit: I wrote a better way: A real fix for Cynos and Jumping

5 Likes

This is awesome!
Especially for blops gangs!
Also the salt is beautiful.
Thank you CCP

6 Likes

What a fck? For jumping my rorqual (INDUSTRIAL SHIP! NOT PVP!) a must use fcking pvp ship? 300m per cyno? Awesome change! Unsub!

3 Likes

This is a massive swing and a miss from me.

• Alliance Logistics just becomes even more of a pain.
  • Rorqs which CCP pushed for us to train into massively become the biggest liability in the game
  • Supers and Titans become fancy furniture as you cant use them due to bumping and then being way out of fax range

Where is the good in this? You want to bring a cyno on the fleet with you just in case? Just pop the recons in the fleet. Now they cant cyno in backup.

This just screams of throwing darts at a dartboard and going with whatever it says.

8 Likes

Sure, but again they arenā€™t required to, the CSM isnā€™t there to to have every single idea run past them

No, you elected a CSM to have a voice in certain matters, not so that you could have a seat in every single design meeting that takes place lol

2 Likes

so when does high sec got to have this ā€œChaosā€ Fun as well? you gonna Nerf all roids in hi sec to only veldspar and all missions do not go over lvl 3?

4 Likes

You say this as if this is bad for the game.

4 Likes

Why not do some real work and make a class of ship just for cynos, make it same requirements or whatever, but make a really cool portal class.

4 Likes

How is the Rorqual not a PvP ship if it is capable of tanking entire fleets and becoming invulnerable for several minutes?

3 Likes

Bye. <3

3 Likes

So glad I quit this game when you started the downhill slide with the drifters.

3 Likes

I strongly disagree. What is best for the game is creating new content with counter-play to keep veterans and new players alike interested in this old game. This will cause mass unsubscriptions and further alienate people (like myself) who have been playing this game for years.

Yes I get it that Rorqs and Supercaps are isk faucets and that is bad for the game, but I (and people smarter than I) could list 1000x different, non-lazy ways to make it more risky for PVE in null-sec and cyno/umbrellas. This is another example of CCPs laziness as they throw pasta against the wall to see what sticks.

Itā€™s obvious that CCP doesnā€™t actually care about the casual EVE player. They are simply trying to create chaos, hoping that will create controversy/activity in order to hit their $$$ bonuses from their Korean corporate overlords.

26 Likes

AMAZING work CCP keep it up :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please contract your ships and isk to RuriHoshino ingame before you go, thanks!

3 Likes