Alright, CCP have posted an absolutely brain-dead attempt at a fix for Cynos and Jumping in Eve, so rather than tell them how bad it is, I figured I would show something better.
Here’s a fix for Cynos:
- Jump fatigue goes away
- Jump Drives have unlimited range
- Cynos are allowed on all ships
- The size class of the ship adds a modifer roughly in line with the Entosis modifier
- Jumping to a cyno takes an amount of time based on Light Years from where you are jumping
- Time scaling for jumps is log(LY ^ 1.2) * modifier or so (Number will require finesing, but this should put us in the right ballpark
- Fuel is consumed from the ship you are jumping to (unified jump fuel)
- The amount of fuel consumed is based on a formula similar to the time scaling formula.
- Fuel consumed is based on the ship making the jump, so the size of the ship that is jumping, or being bridged.
- If a cyno is destroyed, or runs out of fuel, and another in system is available, fail over to that one.
- Cynos disable weapons, offensive modules, and drones while active.
Do these things and short jumps take little time, meaning you can defend close territory.
Long jumps take forever and consume huge fuel, but are available
Counterplay for breaking cynos exists even if you have them on large ships, as they can tank, but they have to drop from the fight to do so.