Cherry Picking

I’ve been an explorer much longer than you’ve been playing this game…

No it wouldn’t, and you obviously have no clue about it…

Maybe I misinterpreted your suggestion, but how would you suggest a Buzzard or Cheetah deals with NPCs in a hacking site?

Oh, yes, that was fun. Sitting around for 5 minutes on a container, watching my hacker cycle, AND watching NPCs spawning and trying to kill my Legion. I think I even lost one T3C to a particularly nasty can spawn. :thinking: Good old days. :star_struck:

1 Like

Considering the fact that your character joined Eve in 2017 tells me you never dealt with the old game mechanics… Seems like you’re posting bias opinions you heard from some older players…

I started playing Eve in 2008 due to watching Exploration videos made by a player named D’Nightmare… Within a year of playing I was using a Cheetah to do High Sec exploration… There wasn’t a lot of players doing Exploration back then because it was a highly skilled specialized career path governed by very different game mechanics compared to the game’s current exploration…

Back then I would form Exploration Fleet Ops with other Corp Mates who would take out the NPC’s while I hacked the cans… Course my Cheetah was fit for speed / fast align and when needed, I had no problem getting out of NPC range quickly while the fleet destroyed them…

When scanning systems for Cosmic Signatures, I had the fleet run Cosmic Anomaly sites, after we cleared out all Hacking sites, I’d re-ship into a Cruiser or Battlecruiser and join the fleet in running the Cosmic Signature combat sites…

The Fleet Ops usually consisted of 3 to 5 members… Even though none of us were max skilled, we had a lot of fun and despite having to warp out for repairs at various times, we always completed the sites…

NPC Bounty was automatically paid to all Fleet members… All regular loot was usually quick sold in the Market, modules that didn’t sell were reprocessed into Minerals which was also quick sold in the Market… The ISK was then split up equally between the Fleet Members… I never took a share of the ISK since my cut of the loot was all Implants, BPC’s, Tags, Faction mods / munitions gained from the sites…

We even chased down all escalations and expeditions, we didn’t bother much with last stage expeditions since those were located in Low Sec… Like I said before, there wasn’t a lot of players doing exploration so there were lot’s of High Sec exploration sites available…

1 Like

OK man, I usually like your posts but you’re now turning into a troll…

T3 Cruisers were implemented in 2009 with the Apocrypha expansion which drastically changed exploration game mechanics making it easier for players to engage in exploration…

NPC’s were removed from High Sec hacking sites in 2013 which is when CCP implemented the Hacking mini-game…

Your character started playing in 2015 so yeah, everything you’re posting here is a complete fabrication…

Seriously, please stop…

1 Like

See, that’s some info I was missing and not entirely clear from your mention of ‘bring NPCs back’.

So what you are saying is that exploration was not an activity for a solo Cheetah, but in todays terms would be a ‘multibox activity’ for a Cheetah + combat alt, or require a T3C?

I think we already have some newer exploration sites that require multiple ships like that. The low sec ESS key sites for example.

And also in null sec I occasionally see a ‘gas site’ that in fact combines NPCs with hacking to obtain booster blueprints (hence the ‘gas’ part).

So when NPCs are present in some sites to preserve that ‘cooperative’ effect I don’t see why the game would benefit from making all hacking sites undoable for solo Cheetahs.

I see such a change push exploration from a solo newbie-friendly activity that encourages rookies to explore the universe for riches into a multiboxed activity which only is doable solo for those of us who fly T3Cs.

It would not really be an improvement, I fear.

How on earth is cherry picking PVP ?

You talk utter nonsense. You are just a troll and thats why you like cherry picking because its that mindset of just ■■■■■■■ with someone elses day/time.

Well, like I said before I started playing Eve due to watching player made exploration videos, I basically set up my skill training for that specific career path and once I got the base skills trained, I started doing it…

Course as a young player I couldn’t complete the sites myself which is why I ran Exploration Fleet Ops with Corp members… And since there wasn’t a lot of players doing exploration, it was easy to get others in Corp to join me for Fleet Ops…

Ever since I’ve been playing this game CCP has always pushed for ‘Cooperative’ gameplay, specifically small gang and large fleet ops… However over time CCP simplified the game so much that all of the specialized career paths have been dumbed down, basically turning our characters into ‘Jack Of All Trades’ that are able to solo most of the content in Eve…

And that’s the problem, I don’t know how the ‘Solo / Min-Max’ aspect gained such a large foothold in Eve, maybe it was the constant push from CCP to create alt accounts, or maybe it’s just the ‘Instant Gratification’ mindset of newer players like yourself…

All I know is this game is an MMORPG, designed to be a ‘Cooperative’ game play experience and truth be told, I had much more fun doing those Exploration Fleet Ops with Corp mates compared to now being able to complete those sites solo…

By the way, the reason CCP removed the ability of T3 Cruisers to access most High Sec exploration sites is because they were too overpowered… Course we weren’t skilled to use them, we weren’t even fully skilled to use regular Cruisers and Battlecruisers in our Exploration Fleet Ops yet we still completed the sites…

The most important thing is we had fun working as a team…

You should have figured by now that this is a forum character. Seriously.

EVE even still has it in my combat log. Fancy.

You deny other players their rewards, you make them spend time on something that’s been ransacked by other players. This is the same kind of PVP that happens on the markets, contracts and industry.

Thievery and treachery…

1 Like

Totally different to anything you mention.

You are talking absolute twaddle, plus the way you proceeded to ‘act tough’ as you put it confirms you are nothing but a toxic arsehole which honestly isn’t surprising on these forums.

How on gods green earth is you cherry picking a site 2 hours before i log onto the game PVP lmao.

Complete and utter bollocks.

If we were in the same system and you killed me while i was trying to hack a site etc then thats fair game, or if you beat me to a can and hacked it first fair play to you.

Hacking a can 2 hours before i get there, you may not even be logged into the game anymore, so how you think that is PVP or even a feature that is needed in the game is beyond me.

We have not even interacted in any way what so ever, all it has done it totally waste hours of my time with sites you have cherry picked.

Market, Contracts or Industry is not in any way like that.

2 Likes

A forum alt?

Course if you want credibility, then post with your main…

Anyway your post doesn’t prove anything, especially since the character is blacked out…

Your prerogative. I won’t post with my mains because this only leads to vote brigading against me. I did that in the past, and it’s absolutely not conducive to a good forum experience for me.

Oof, Zkill even goes that far back. I left all the information available for you to look up the kill if you wanted to. :innocent:

I beat you to the cans. Should have been faster with hacking the other sites. :winking_face_with_tongue:

We do when you come into the site that I prepared for you. By the way, I also sometimes have fun triggering Ghost Sites when I see an explorer in system. If I time it right, they will be in for a surprise. :innocent:

Of course it is. You set your prices, I see them and undercut them or take your goods because you made a mistake, long after you logged off. Same indirect, passive PVP interactions as with cherry-picking.

Oh that’s a nice one!

Too bad I usually run them when I have the probes to do this trick, but I’ll keep that in mind!

1 Like

It feels more like you don’t understand what PVP entails and you seem to struggle to understand what EVE is all about. Are you sure that EVE is the right game for you?

What info?

You posted a Killmail report with the character info blacked out which could very well belong to some other player…

As for the stuff you posted as PvP in this thread, most of it sounds like ‘Grief Play’… Course according to CCP, it’s not ‘Grief Play’ unless it’s done against a specific player multiple times..

1 Like

Sure, I am linking a 2012 ingame loss mail from another player. Come on.

Regardless: It’s funny how quickly a good reputation becomes meaningless and damaged, just because people are hurt about something. :innocent:

My original post wont get passed due to needing moderation.

So i will just simply say goodbye as you are a complete and utter waste of space in the community.

1 Like