And then the fight started…
Aww, come here and get a hug.
Considering that I can contain my language and don’t need to resort to flowery vocabulary to “get my point across”, I think we are of the same kind: two “toxic” people in a game revolving around dangerous aspects of our human nature.
Easily done, especially since players post their loss in chat all the time…
Don’t know and don’t really care what you’re going on about… However I must say it’s sad to see someone ruin their reputation by posting snide sarcastic troll replies…
Obviously a forum alt wouldn’t care about that…
I do that all the time.
And appreciation for Cherry-Picking has always been my stance. It’s a great way to impact null sec people and bots alike, without being too toxic (ie. prevent people from exploring in a system altogether simply by virtue of someone’s presence) and limiting yourself to just one system to camp.
Quite fascinating that this is an issue for you NOW and hasn’t been in the past.
I always think it’s ironic how between players who attack other players in a PvP game yet remain civil in chat and people who refuse to partake in PvP yet vent all their frustration with insults in chat, it usually is the latter who call the former toxic.
I’ve personally never seen competitive gameplay in a competitive game as ‘toxic’, but as ‘gameplay’, and always interpreted toxicity in games to be about people’s inability to behave civil to others in chat.
But for some reason the people who are loudest about toxicity are usually those I think are toxic themselves.
Or some examples:
Kill enemy = intended gameplay
Flame team member for mistake = toxic behaviour
Steal loot = intended gameplay (in EVE. Depends on game, it would be toxic in WoW)
Insult enemy = toxic (or could be meant as harmless banter between friends)
Scam someone = gameplay (in EVE, if done within the rules)
Cherry pick site = gameplay
Kill explorer for cherry picking = gameplay
Insulting players in chat for cherry picking = toxic
Go play the game and let your guns speak for you if you wish to get back at someone in a game.
While cherry picking is a valid strategy I do not like cherry pickers either, so I either kill them if non-allied or report them to our diplo if allied, if I can catch whoever did it. It’s all part of the game.
Cherry picked sites is annoying. I’m sorry you are seeing this.
I agree, after the first can is hacked the site disappears in 30minutes.
The thing is there is simply no need for cherry picking to be there, just a simple site timer to be activated would solve it rather than waste countless hours of someones life scanning sites that have already been taken.
Its not PVP in any way shape or form, its just being an arsehole.
It takes 2 mins to hack a site,just finish the ■■■■■■■ thing.
Also, i can happily admit i do not PVP much in the game, and if i get killed there is never any salt even to gankers, its just gg gf whatever, totally fine with that.
But that troll above trying to tell me cherry picking a site 2 hours before i come into it is PVP is just absolute nonsense.
The main issue that Cherry Pickers don’t realize is that when they leave the site unfinished, it basically stops new sites from spawning which actually lowers their ability to get more loot…
But we already have the timer. ![]()
That’s actually what cherrypickers want: fewer sites means less loot means lower volume hitting the market means higher prices. Cherrypickers are doing the clueless site-completer-sheeple a favor. We all see what happened with the exploration rewards after CCP introduced the crappy SHUB explo spam. The prices nosedove harder than Rattati could ruin EVE. Fewer sites being available is good for you:
There already is a timer that is activated when a site is started.
I just disagree that this timer should be much shorter and become ‘too short’.
What I mean with ‘too short’ a despawn timer is when despawns happen while players are still engaging with the content. Seeing any content in an online game despawn while you’re watching or interacting with it is jarring and should be avoided.
Not everyone completes an exploration site in one go, I can think of various reasons for someone to cloak up or leave the site (the same thing, what the site is concerned) and continue hacking later.
- A threat appears. Some name in local shows up, they’re an explorer hunter. You cloak up and wait for them to pass by.
- Something happens in real life. A child does something, doorbell rings. You cloak up and continue a few minutes later.
- You just killed an explorer and decide to hack the site now that you’ve found the site anyway. You warp off to your station to grab a hacking module and warp back to the site to finish it.
I think that in none of these situations the site should already be despawning. In other words, the existing despawn timer should not become much shorter than it is.
That aside, cherry picking is a viable strategy to slow down competing explorers that explore right behind you to ensure they won’t catch up or overtake you. I don’t like the strategy either, but see it’s value as an option in the game.
Too short are, for instance, the despawn timers of Event Hacking sites. You only need to start hacking a container and the sig despawns, making it much harder to find the hackers for direct PVP. Quite a clever trick by CCP to make event exploration safer and impede direct PVP.
I disagree entirely.
Cheers once again to all the cherry picking WANKERS that are out there, 2 hours of scanning to find very little not cherry picked, ■■■■■■■ sort this out its not right at ■■■■■■■ all
Sites only last 30-60 minutes once the first can is hacked. Source FC Kestral.
If that is the case that isnt too bad honestly.
I agree with the despawning part.
In fact, I’d like to see all “spawning” and “despawning” removed from the game and replaced with lore-fitting and immersive mechanics. But thats another topic. You are right, sites shouldn’t disappear while a player might be around to do them. So, definitely not while a player is inside (cloaked or not) and even have some reserve timer once the last player has left (~30 minutes or so).
I disagree with cherrypicking tho, because the ability to pre-scan containers totally ruined exploration for me. Instead of a treasure hunt it has turned into a minmax grind. And especially since you can optimize hacking strength with Zeugmas and Implants, the absolute overwhelming majority of containers aren’t even a challenge any more. It’s all about burst-clicking through the minigame as fast as possible and moving on to the next site once you have picked all the valuable containers. The cool dopamine rush from barely hacking a hard container and then get rewarded with a sudden multimillion ISK drop has totally vanished.
So, for me personally I’d make containers unscannable again and probably remove the Blackglass Implants again. It makes the Job too easy, too predictable and turned a cool immersive “exploration” feeling into a minmaxed grind. And yes, you might say “nobody forces you to do that! You can explore without Zeugmas and Blackglass and Cargoscanning!” - yeah, but you compete with people who do and they will barely leave good stuff in the sites. EVE would profit from less predictability and being less a minmaxable math game, having much more surprises and lack of reliable information scenarios while out there in space. It simply makes more fun.
I wouldn’t be against removal of the ability to cargo scan exploration cans.
I’m glad at least someone agrees the game should not despawn parts which are still relevant to players.
Totally sensible post.
That’s the big issues for me.
I go hacking because of the enjoyment, if i make some nice ISK that’s great too.
But when you warp into a site and its been cherry picked you are robbed of the excitement because you know anything you hack is going to be worth very little.
So not only have you had your time wasted, you also get robbed of any enjoyment.
Removing ability to scan the containers would solve the problem in my eyes then we would have no reason for site timers and all that crap and it does not affect anyone who wishes to camp a site and wait for the victim, as i stated before the PVP aspect of it all does not bother me but when someone tries to tell me that cherry picking a site hours before i log on is PVP then please just stop playing the game.