Christmas 2017

What would a SOE freighter carry to make it any different from existing ones?
And why would SOE, an exploration group, have a medium sized mining ship when ORE a mining group has 6 (7 if you count the porpoise, but that’s more of a support ship)

I think the real problem here may be a mix of resource constraints and impact.

New items which exist beyond simply an inventory thumbnail and description likely require a lot more dev time to create and test. This makes unique ships or modules potentially time consuming, when CCP have many other priorities.

Re-releasing existing unique items may answer the resource question, but each release makes the item less unique and devalues the item for collectors. Most of the fun in the holiday items, aside from festival laughers, is really roleplaying, collecting, and purely trading them while others are doing the first two. As everything in Eve is produced in some way by capsuleers, so even thIngs like giving away free boosters can devalue actual industry.

With those constraints in mind, I don’t think all hope is lost. The thumbnail-only items biggest problem, in my opinion, is that there are actually too few to make them collectible. Unless you want 100 Fedos, I’d be much more interested in 100 uniquely named brothers of Fedo with different “drop” rates, for collection’s sake.

In terms of valuable items, CCP could give out a variety of usable account bonuses which are not part of capsuleer Eve markets. These could be accelerators, free multiple character training time, a bonus remap, or other gifts which should require no code and minimal effort.

This would make the pool of gifts a mixture of festival launchers and ammo, more diverse collectors items, and some account based “bonus” for Christmas Day.

@CCP_Logibro Knows what I want for Eve-mas this year. Its up to him to gut it up and take the whoopin. Anything else is just fluff.

If CCP would make a weapon system that lets me utilize all the Carbon I’ve accumulated, I would gladly fly around New Eden and deliver the needed coal to all the deserving capsuleers.

1 Like

I have an idea CCP could give us all a PLEX hunt.
this can be done in the form of missions or as a scavenger hunt…
Each player would get a certain amount of hunts depending on the number of years they have been playing EvE.
1 year or less 1 hunt
2 to 5 years 2 or 3 hunts
5 years or more say 6 hunts.
Each mission can be geared to the number of years a player has played all so Low and Null sec should have higher plex rewards…
Players should be given the chose of either high or low sec. hunts…
By doing some thing along this line CCP will be giving us players some thing we can USE and in the store,
and have fun at the same time

2 Likes

I have an idea CCP could give us all a PLEX hunt.
this can be done in the form of missions or as a scavenger hunt…
Each player would get a certain amount of hunts depending on the number of years they have been playing EvE.
1 year or less 1 hunt
2 to 5 years 2 or 3 hunts
5 years or more say 6 hunts.
Each mission can be geared to the number of years a player has played all so Low and Null sec should have higher plex rewards…
Players should be given the chose of either high or low sec. hunts…
By doing some thing along this line CCP will be giving us players some thing we can USE in the store,
and have fun at the same time or they can just hand out Christmas gifts with X number of plex it them
Number of plex gifts could be the number of years one has played

1 Like

But CCP doesn’t even give socks. At best they would give a picture of socks with a snarky comment attached.

3 Likes

As OP said ccp used to give great Christmas presents for YEARS.

Now they suck.

Also now with alphas they need to decide if the poor alphas get gifts too or just the rich omegas get the cool gifts like real life.

Prob just stupid dumbass hanger-trash momentos or whatever they are where its like Chribbas Piece of Veldspare Ore and some dumb sentances typed.

THAT ■■■■ AINT FUNNY CCP. YOU AINT FUNNY.

GIVE US OUR DAMN PRESENTS THAT WE DESERVED AND EARNED AND SHALL RECEIVE! !

7 Likes

5 Likes

All you need is a gift that doesn’t give alphas power but doesn’t kick omegas in the balls, christmas themed skins for frigs/cruisers or a festive themed ship, hell give out some more apostles those things aren’t worth anything in terms of ISK so you won’t disrupt the market and it still gives players something neat to fly around in

not sure why it matters
favourite alpha ship is gnosis and that was a gift

1 Like

Sure but it means you can’t give them anything too strong, no faction variants of existing ships etc, the gnosis is pretty lackluster as far as omegas go, i’ll just grab a T2 hull and go to town, they aren’t in limited supply etc, just means we have to be careful what is given out as alphas still have to be able to use it

how about a powerful gift that alphas dont have the skills to use
they can still sell them on the market and omegas can buy them cheap like when geckos came out

5 Likes

All i want for Eve-mas
Is a single good pvp kill for me.

1 Like

Dear Santa_CCP,
I have been a good boy and I would like a 5 runs Gecko BPC for Yoiul Festival YC120.
If you are fresh out of Geckos again a Leopard Shuttle with a cool skin would be fine too.

My little Alpha-brother would like to have a Gnosis. He loves them and has broken his old one.

Here is your Egg-Nog and fly save.

4 Likes

i still think for all omega chars, they should give them Marshals for xmas, while alphas get nothing cause lets face facts, these days CCP really only cares about alphas rather then players who spend rl money to pay for their accounts.

1 Like

Thank you! Omega tears are the best tears! I don’t want anything else for X-mas.

On a serious note: What CCP does is typical for FTP(ish) games. While most of the new developed stuff is for the paying customers. More and more old stuff is given free to the freeloaders. When was the last time a vet bothered with a Rupture, Osprey or Celestis outside of joke fleets? The costs for development are already spent anyway and therefore those lemons of ships can get a last cruise for marketing. (Hurricanes, Drakes and Dominix are a bit early on the TTP track I admit.)

Feels a bit unfair to the customers that pay/sub but even those can benefit on the long run. If done right the amount of FTP stuff is good enough to compete with other games and attracts a steady stream of new players. Those split into three groups you want and one or two groups you don’t want typically:

the good:

• Player that sub at one point. Doesn’t matter if they stay FTP for a month or a year as long as they stay with the game and its community new subs are pure gold.

• Players that quit the game after some time of FTP because the game or its community don’t match with their interest. No game is for everyone and players that quit after FTP are still better than players that quit after they paid for the game. Because less people bother to write a negative review when stuff was free, right?

• Players that stay FTP because they like the game but can’t afford or justify a sub. Better they play your basic game for free than not at all. Free wallpapers, a better brand of NPC and perhaps even a future customer. They can’t do the real stuff but make you game more lively. As long as they don’t manage to gather in big packs they are just more targets to shoot at in EVE.

the bad:

• Freeloaders that could and would pay but don’t just because the game gives them anything they want to do for free. That is too much then.
  • People that use the free tools to troll other players. FTP games have without doubt high potential for trolling because you don’t risk anything with a FTP account. But I am not quite sure if those players still would be an asset… this is EVE after all.

Back when I first played . . . I recall the SnowBall Launcher (and snowball ammo). That’s was fun.

2 Likes

but I love those x-mas items, I have special station container for them. They all have a history of some sort in EvE.

Ps. Mum if you read this I want full set of socks as always :kissing_heart: (black as usual).

7 Likes

Having read some of the posts, I think I tend to agree with people that maybe, given that we now have two classes of players, that there ought to a slightly ‘better’ Christmas present for Omega players than for Alpha players.

As to what this should be, a Marshall (https://youtu.be/9gubxDhDfgI) would be very nice thank you very much, if you’re listening CCP.

1 Like