Clear Vision Update

Wow, the new post processing looks even more terrible in game than it did in the preview pictures from a week ago

The time loss is terrible, but your camera default looking at the gate when you land is also a hugely unhelpful behavior.

2 Likes

Randomly arrive in a new system to completely black screen can’t see anything in overview - can right click and dock in a station that fixes - but happens frequently when traveling.

I should add I am using an Nvidia 2060RTX

The beginning of the jump animation realigns your camera in a split second and is very jarring. Have the camera swivel over the course of its transit so it doesn’t feel like you’re being swung around.

Your ship has no motion in the tunnel so looks very artificial. It’s like something off classic Dr Who using models on wires.

2 Likes

Some observations after my own testing:

• Grid loads before animation has ended (My dscan goes off halfway the tunnel)

• It’s possible to give your ship commands at that point, even if you’re in the tunnel
    (rightclick in space allows you to warp to objects or bookmarks, also fleet commanders can fleet warp you off while you’re still in the tunnel)

• Overview is available as well at that point, but… it is invisible?!
    (You can click on your overview and you’ll actually select things, but you can’t choose what to select as your overview is visibly empty)

My feedback:

• Make the overview visible right away, allow us to immediately give commands or lock up targets. No reason to hide this.
  • Shorten the animation. It shouldn’t continue after the grid has loaded, or at most for one second, but even that may be a second too many when you’re trying to chase someone at a gate.

Other than that, I love the animation itself, it looks good! And the sharp renderer is a nice improvement as well. :smiley:

5 Likes

lol yep. It looks like a warp effect from a 15 year old video game. Its not very smooth either - I wondered if it was just buggy at first, but I think the animation is actually supposed to do that

2 Likes

Loving the new jump-gate graphic sequence, altho my machine has found the game a bit buggy after the update, despite my RTX2070. I’m getting the occasional black screen after a successful log-in…audio atmos there but no pics. Aaaanyway, I can live with it for the moment I think…and the game does look even prettier.

1 Like

WOW!!! Looks superb, love the new jump and EVE just got a whole lot more prettier at 1440

Top Job CCP!!

No idea if that was the Plan but its CCP so maybe

But do you guys know that with your nice little tunnel animation you just might lose your JF (or all other Cyno Ships) even before you see the grid?

The animation is WAY to long, i just tackled my own Capitals while they were still in the new Animation that sucks!

gate jumps are kinda safe but if you accidentaly press the mouse you decloak and sit there on the other side like a piniata

So Great Job CCP in Getting the New Guys killed while they can watch the new and shiny animation maybe they buy even more Plex because it looks so nice while their ships going up in flames.

And Yes you can just hold cloak at gates, but NOT on Cynos and also how much new players know that they decloak when pressing buttons.

3 Likes

Want the old skin lines re-released … so much of them discontinued from the shop before I started the game … and now nowwhere available.

Please CCP … here’s my money, where are the Blue Tiger Skins? The Krusual Skins? Or that red Caldari Skin I just don’t remember right now.

Hear the wise word of the Great Alaundo:

“Thou shall not hunt your brethren or sistren”
“Thou shall not recline to destroy others hard worked assets”
“Nor shall thou prey on the poor casual gamer flying in a barge or epithal on his relaxing after a hard working day”
“Never shall thou destroy MTUs and claiming this some heroic PvP but be punished with eternal damnation indeed”
“Blessed by thy way for doing real PvE and enyoing the great diverse story of four or five or six different faces of mankind in the far future”.

I really liked the new warp jump graphics. I hope I don’t get epileptic seizures from seeing them so often :rofl: :joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :nauseated_face: :ok_hand: :metal: :eyes: :ok_man: :parrot: :heart: :wave:

We have just deployed a patch which will temporarily revert the new jump animation that was added in today’s Clear Vision update. We will do more work on the feature to address concerns about the jump cloak timer starting before the animation has completed. Please restart your launcher to receive the update and then any running clients.

12 Likes

The comment was meant to be sarcastic actually… )

Excellent.

Don’t do any work on it, please. Just drop it like you dropped the ability to view your char inside a station. Don’t break what works fine, PLEASE!

3 Likes

Thanks, @CCP_Convict!

You do know that some of the commenters here were happy with the new graphics, don’t u? It’s a shame that on the rare occasions the whiff of salt can be sniffed in lo and hi sec from the borders of 0.0, CCP jump to attention and obey.

Still, I guess that must reflect where most of the subs come from…I don’t go into null much I must admit but I haven’t had a problem dealing with stuff as normal in losec or WH…but than, I don’t do bubbles, gate camps and the like.

It was very nice while it lasted tho.

The new jump animations do look fantastic and they will return! However the the issue with the jump cloak timer was not intended and can have a significant effect on gameplay in certain circumstances. We need to address that.

6 Likes

dont care didnt ask