Client Closed Unexpectedly - cannot launch the game on macOS High Siera 10.13.2 Beta 1

We are aware of this issue, EVE is working on 10.13.1 and 10.13.0 but not on 10.13.2 which is a beta and is not supported. If you can I suggest you revert back to the latest release version for the time being.

Senior GM Mechanic, Player Experience team.

1 Like

Thank you GM Mechanic - good to know you guys are aware. We will be patient - a rollback for me is out of the question.

Yeah I just went back to the working version of OSX in the app store :slight_smile:

Okay, the beta 2 is now publicā€¦ who is going to be the first to try it. :sweat_smile:

Give me 2 hours to get home, and Iā€™m on it!

The Public beta 2 (build 10.13.2 Beta (17C67b)) has been installed.

It does not seem to have fixed the issue. :expressionless:

Thank you for checking.

I will be rolling-back to the 10.13.1 build tomorrow. :confounded:

Preparing to do that right now.

For what itā€™s worth, I just checked the Crossover support forums, and they state:

ā€œWe reached out to Apple about this, they are aware of the issue, and will be resolved in an update.ā€

I take that statement with a grain of salt, but that does suggest that this issue was not intentional and is being worked on for a future update. That said, who knows how long it might take to get sorted.

Rolling back your installation is probably the only real option. For those who canā€™t roll back for whatever reason, creating a new partition and installing 10.13.1 on that might be the thing to do if possible.

OK, rolled back, and for the first time I can remember, this was an in-place rollback. I downloaded the 10.13.1 build from the App store, let it go, and the upgrade ran. Everything seems to be in place on my system.

The only thing Iā€™ve found (so far) that I need to restore from a backup is my Photos library, as that was apparently touched by the update.

So now, Iā€™m in and will be restoring the settings and profile that I nuked while I was troubleshootingā€¦

Last time there was an update I completely removed the launcher and all the preferences in the operating system. Completed the update and re-booted three or four times. Then downloaded the launcher and eventually I did get it to work. Mac High Sierra is a major change under the hood and files are accessed using a different process.

As a Tier 2 Tech Support Advisor for a large unamed provider of Phones and Computers I can categorically guarantee you that this is [Insert Fruit Here] fuckup not CCPā€™s. I will try and push for a solution internally.

1 Like

Thanks yeah Iā€™m happily flying my proteus now even though it looks like a dust buster.

Iā€™ll probably go to Beta 2 and see if that solves it when itā€™s out.

Beta 2 is outā€¦ me thinks you meant to say Beta 3. :slight_smile:

Yep- wait for Beta 3.

And the dustbuster comment literally made me LOL :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m about to test Beta 2

I already did. It doesnā€™t fix the issue.

Yeah back to 10.3.1 for me ā€¦ lol

1 Like

If apple doesnā€™t fix the issue in the final release of 10.13.2, it appears like the Wine folks will fix it via a work-around on their side.

Yeah :slight_smile: Iā€™ll just monitor this hereā€¦ yesterday I tried to visit the Eve Cemetery (killing a ship on the way), sadly, itā€™s gone.