Cloaking Camping Destroying Eve

why should the afk’rs get bans? all bots i can understand but afk’rs no… I do a lot of afk play when market trading cos I watch tv shows to kill time during each price adjustment, as monitoring the market constantly is pretty much a no lifer.

if you guys are really that scared of a ship flying around or sitting in a safespot cloaked, you should either gtfo of null or learn to set decent traps to bait them into attacking and killing them off.

so what if its redundent that just goes to show it needs to be fixed and it shows just how many people are not happy with this mechanic also he was rude imo so i was a tad rude back

Go cry in this thread. The one designated for clods like yourself.
You won’t see any reason anyway. The only thing you want is 100% safe ratting space without any regard for the consequences.

The problem is in fact not the AFK cloaker, it is you. If you’re unable to properly defend yourself against an attacker, you have no place being in nullsec, which is a pvp zone just in case you didn’t know, in the first place.

3 Likes

I think the biggest problem with cloaky campers is that they are excellent remote intel-gathering tools for intel programs and bots.

I have to ask…

Is the problem that you know that someone is there but you cant see them on d-scan?
Cause if this is the case, they could just be out of your d-scan range or be using a Rook.

What is it that makes you think they are cloaked?

3 Likes

Considering that PLEX were not around when the game was designed this seems unlikely.

:scream:

No. PLEX was designed to kick the legs out from underneath RMT. It also has the benefit of letting those who do not have time to earn ISK to get it from those who do have such time and in exchange give those people game time…

Blah, blah, blah. This has been suggested numerous times before.

Let me ask you a question, what in game activity do you like to do that I can nerf to punish AFK cloakers?

2 Likes

i dont just want 100! safe ratting i love my pvp and just for the record going afk wihle sleeping and cloaking is not ok in my opinion

im just saying there is no counter for the cloak, you say thier is so tell me this: if i want how do i find a cloaky camper? (its one sided is what im trying to say)

e8ebc8f0beaa5722d694d1fdbdc53100aedab69857106a39988378dd1f893966

1 Like

ffs damn trolls, HAVE A SERIOUS DESCUSSION FOR ONCE

ccp need implant weather in this game… asteroid rain and pop decloack! :slight_smile:
and after on bilboard: beware of cloaky afk campers…

Last I checked, players aren’t happy with any mechanic that impacts their gameplay.

People bitch about bubbles all the time. They complain about insta-lockers. They whine about warp core stabs. They piss and moan about ECM. They get salty when they get ganked in their untanked freighter. They make asinine comments about how the autopilot should warp them straight to the gate.

Need I go on?

At the end of the day, you don’t like cloaky camping. Fine. That doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with it, it just means you don’t have an answer to it.

There is a whole thread devoted to this topic, where actual succesful counters exist. I myself have posted a number of them. Since it’s a threadnought, I’ll paraphrase them:

1. Bait
  2. Fight
  3. Move to a different set of space

All of these are effective if you do them right.

2 Likes

Any why isn’t it? Because you have to actually put in effort to make ISK in nullsec? Oh deary me, how could we ever ask that of anyone?

You’re not supposed to find him. He trades a high slot and uses a wildly inferior ship for that ability. The ability to engage on his choosing. But he has to decloak to engage and is then subject to the same rules of engagement as everyone else, in a wildly inferior ship.

You want to know all the counters to beat an afk cloaker? Use Google for 10 seconds and you’ll find them.

1 Like

Not about this topic and certainly not in whine thread 3528725937572579. If you want to discuss this, then post in the ■■■■■■■ thread linked above.

2 Likes

im not complaining about other mechanics in my opinion thier all balanced like bubbles and things but what im saying is I CANT FIND A CAMPER AND THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO DO IT, THERE IS NO COUNTER FOR IT THATS WHAT IM SAYING.

1 Like

How can we have an argument against something that is pure speculation? You are basically saying CCP won’t do anything because it brings them money yet trying to argue that it is costing them money in lost subscriptions.

So which is it? Are they losing money or not?

As for the notion that Cloaking Campers are ruining game play… Then why are there corporations operating in wormhole space? There is no local to show who is in system. As such, there could be a whole fleet of cloaky campers in system… And yet that doesn’t stop people from playing or living in wormhole space. Even in hi sec, you have no clue if the local spike is a group of gankers coming to probe you out and gank your ship, yet hi sec is still active.

Now here’s a thought… Black ops and titan bridges have s limited range. Get an Intel network going and watch those systems where a group could stage to attack. If they aren’t there, you are safe and that cloaked is no threat. And if you can’t get that far away, fins a better null group.

3 Likes

what about the npc mining fleets for example? thier desinged simply to kill you nothing more

Don’t look for the camper. If he can kill you alone, you have bigger problems. Look for the fleet. If there is not one in jump range, why worry? And of your corp Intel channel is weak, find a new corp.

1 Like

man all you guys are thinck or dumb, im pointing out there is no counter for this god how much clearer can i make it?

This thread greatly exceeds my recommended daily allowance of sodium…

5 Likes