Close please, resolved

No, you aren’t. CCP have been quite explicit and the EULA is quite clear, you can only run 1 alpha and no other accounts if you are running an alpha.
If you want to have more than one account logged in, ALL need to be Omegas.
Pretending ignorance is no excuse.

4 Likes

Anyone know where this is on a Linux system ? I can’t find a folder starting ‘TQ’ anywhere on my Mint 17.3

@Nevyn_Auscent I do have a question. This computer has dual boot as I was going to transfer everything to an SSD and then remove the other HDD with another windows build. The HDD is C:, not the SSD, yet the SSD is running the clients, launcher and shared cache, could this be causing the issues because of the dual app datas et al?

It is.

It is against TOS/EULA to play EVE simultaneously with multiple accounts unless each of them is an Omega account.

Everyone reading this, report this player for rule violations.

3 Likes

This isnt what I am stating though and what people seem to get wrong. CCP Ported it over the same requirements for Pre Ascension Trial Accounts was that you cant have one trial plus an omega. Same deal here Post Ascension, just swap trial with Alpha. But this is PER computer. Most dont have more than 2 computers so in that case I am an oddity and still under the radar so to speak. One can argue that well how does CCP know if its an actual computer or a VM or all that crap and Im sure they have their ways. This is how the GM explained it to me years ago as I am very much aware of what I can or cannot do, should or should not do, as I am “playing” with my game and that isnt something I tend to “play” around with. I rather enjoy Eve. Nevermind that saying something openly isnt great if I was actually doing something wrong. Think that would come back to bite me on the butt.

No it’s not. It’s been explicitly changed in the EULA that if you have an Alpha account you CANNOT run an Omega alongside it. It doesn’t matter what a GM told you about trial accounts. That’s years out of date and a trial is not the same as an alpha.
And it’s also been explicitly stated that this is per PLAYER. And that the number of computers you have is irrelevant to how many alpha’s you can run, since with VM’s these days one can simulate 20 computers on a single machine anyway.

So yes, you are breaking the EULA, and with your attitude I really hope it bites you hard.

3 Likes

You are incorrect.

It is not allowed to run multiple accounts in EVE, simultaneously, unless each of them is an Omega.

You signed the TOS/EULA as a person
You signed them again when you returned, post change.
Your characters, computers and your accounts did not.

Busted with your ~100 accounts.

Report this player.

Go ahead and try to stripmine your ~100 accounts before CCP reacts.

Hopefully CCP will track that and confiscate/punish each such attempt by you to avoid responsibility for breaking the rules.

All cheaters must burn.

1 Like

To all readers, notice how he has suddenly gone silent.

Thats cos he is now frantically busy stripmining all ~100 of his accounts, with god knows how many characters.

Report him, now, before he can strip the characters/accounts and move SP/assets/isk out to avoid consequences.

3 Likes

Well then I guess its a good thing all my accounts have been omegas for years minus the logging in and logging out to change a skill.:smiling_imp:

Actually I problem sourced my own issue with this question to Nevyn

and yes it worked and fixed the issue. Was a dual boot issue.

But hey take my silence as complicit nefarious deeds. Some of us turn off the computers from time to time.

Here you state you have ~100 Omega accounts, and have had them all in Omega for years.

That is a lie.

You clearly stated having run an Alpha alongside an Omega, simultaneously.

1 Like

It’s and easy fix learn from it and just don’t use alpha’s stick with your omega’s, unless ofc your only putting skills onto the alpha skill que and logging off again.

ISD =/= GM or Dev. return when a GM or Dev says this Salvos. ISDs are volunteers with no official right to state game play in this regard.

So as you so often implied in your threads. PROOF or STFU.:heart_eyes:

Dude your going to have all your account’s banned why take the chance xD ? just don’t use alpha its easy. Also proof is not needed when you have already admitted it publically.

1 Like

Yup and I did it when Ascension was live while speaking to a GM no doubt on :scream: BOTH of the alphas. So horribru!!

Yup I was talking to a GM about gaming matters that had just changed and he was okay with it then, until I see a GM or Dev post, not an ISD post, regarding anything else Ill hold my ground thanx.

Well good luck then mate.

The statement is accurate as to TOS/EULA and CCP policy.

You cannot run multiple accounts, simultaneously, unless each is an Omega.

You testified above to having run an Alpha simultaneously with an Omega.
That is a violation.

You have testified thrice above to claiming the rules are not as they are.

And I dont believe for one second your claim that all of your ~100 accounts have been Omega, for the entirety of their existence, as you claimed.

Plus, that statement is contradictory to you having stated you HAVE run an Alpha alongside an Omega, for “testing purposes”.

ISDs, please forward this thread and the cheater’s statements to the relevant CCP staff.

The sooner, the better, as he is no doubt stripmining his ~100 accounts to move SP/value/isk to 3rd parties as fast as he can, even as you read this.

You are not allowed to fly two Alphas simultaneously.
That is now testimony to a second violation, in addition to you having testified you flew an Omega and Alpha simultaneously.

1 Like