Close please, resolved

With a creation date mysteriously very like the Ops…
So… Yeah…

Yeah why don’t you report the guy? I ask cause obviously I’m op who has been talking it up with his op poster no prob.

You cracked the case Sherlock.

Who says I haven’t?
However Devs are often very slow when it comes to such matters. Of course there is the fact that the Op has gone silent and suddenly a faceless obvious alt with an almost identical age has suddenly appeared to continue defending them.
But hey… Might just be they are on their freighter alt instead.

How am I defending the guy? I asked salvos why he hadn’t reported him? Yup sounds like a fantastic defense. Although your insight did throw me off last post. I meant to add in that I just tried to load up an alpha with an omega and sure enough:

Clone state alpha login restricted

“You are unable to login with this account because it would violate the clone state alpha login restriction. A clone state alpha account cannot be logged in at the same time as any other account”

The player signs the TOS/EULA, not the accounts, characters, PCs or whatever platforms used to launch how many clients.

It is not allowed for you to fly multiple accounts in EVE simultaneously, unless all of them are Omegas.

Uh…yes. Are you agreeing with me or do you really not understand that we’re saying the same thing?

The problem with your post is thus.

You have used the fact the game stops you doing it as proof it’s not allowed.
Therefore it’s an easy step to take, if wrong, to assume that anything the game doesn’t stop you from doing is therefore allowed. Such as the obvious and aforementioned way of bypassing that block you came across.
Rather than simply taking the ISD, who is a valid CCP representative, at their word, or simply applying the wording of the EULA to the problem. Both of which are perfectly clear.

I really wondered what kind of cluster ■■■■ for alphas the next month was going to be when CCP announced free ships to alpha accounts.

Apparently CCPs security department was having a slow time.

@Nevyn_Auscent So your logic is, bc I said it’s not allowed to have an alpha logged in with omegas… That somehow im claiming that it is allowed?

LOL Ultimately youre trying to get someone griefed and banned by CCP for having done nothing wrong and being better at the game than you are.

You will make me SMH and IM sure youll keep this topic up high for everyone to read. Sharpen your pitchforks, make lots of torches!! GRRR the evil ogre is gonna get you if you dont. lol

Have you simultaneously flown multiple accounts in EVE that are not all Omegas?

You are on record for having said you did so at least twice.

You also still refuse to accept the rules as they are, which you signed.

And after a minor CCP investigation into someone saying they used multiple accounts CCP found that the person was trolling and no more action is needed. While everyone still keeps on whining about it, the original troll lies under his/her bridge with a nice cuppa on the go and the fishing rod in the water, trying to fish for more comments of which Mr Salvos and cohorts will happily contribute.

A competent developer would do all that for you… understanding how utterly annoying and tedious it is to redo your entire setup once a week it seems like. At the very least make it easier to do on your own.

How much easier can they make it than a manage profiles button?
Ok it would be nice to import/export profiles. But that is the only thing they haven’t provided.
You can import/export overviews, you can manage/create/copy settings.

At the risk of sounding like a complete tech noob can you tell me where the Profiles folder / file that I need to copy is usually located?

I’ve exported my Overview, changed all Profiles to their own ones rather than Default, and then … browsed the EVE folder in Documents, browsed the EVE folder in C: Drive, cannot find anything that looks like a Profiles entry.

Is it the entire tq folder in SharedCache, or something else I am looking for?

TIA

o7

Users/yourname/appdata/local/ccp/ etc.

1 Like

Thank you Nevyn, found em. You are a star. :slight_smile:

Guess you should have stayed silent…

I’ve played since 2013, the ONLY time I’ve ever had data loss, was last week when the launcher reset the passwords to just about everyone. Other than that was when I lost my overview settings because I had to reinstall and didnt know how to backup overviews yet.

Considering I came up with a solution for this issue that I hope sticks Id love an ISD to close it as its gotten so derailed its not even funny anymore.