Closed - Survey on the gender gap in EVE Online

Let’s be honest here. Most online game have their incel creeps that are creating a rather toxic and uncomfortable environment for the rest.

That being said, it’s also pretty clear that there is a variance in interest for certain topics between the sexes. Even if you could get rid of all the creeps I don’t think you would see a lot more female players in EVE. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t get rid of and not tolerate the creeps anyway.

I’m actually surprised about the 10%, would have guessed a lot lower

3 Likes

Bingo.

Men and women enjoy doing different things. Only men are attacked for it. How long has OP hated men?

4 Likes

I may have spoken too soon earlier?

Either way, direct engagement with this thread might give you more insights into attitudes than your actual questionnaire?!

3 Likes

That is exactly what I tried and failed to say. I just couldn’t quite word it correctly so I got verbose instead.

2 Likes

Sexism and antisocial behavior has been a very serious and prevalent topic and it is something most gamers have grown accustomed to. Gaming as a whole has shifted to a very male dominated field, ever since the video game crash of 1983. Companies had to come up with new marketing strategies and noticed that many of the remaining players were in fact men and young boys. So much of the marketing was aimed at exactly this target group. It is the reason why many of the most lucrative triple A video games today only appeal to the male “fantasy”.

Just no. This viewpoint is outdated by decades. This is the type of ■■■■■■■■ I see from people who specialize in writing essays about games without ever playing them or being part of gaming communities.

5 Likes

People whose sole agenda is to create false narratives centered on gender, masculinity and women’s “Rights” ( as if women’s Rights have ever been any different than men’s Rights - to my knowledge, it’s called Human Rights and is not based on gender ) at the service of one men-hating group or another in order to sow discord and blame.
It’s been happening for a long time now and I’m surprised they haven’t figured out that men know the music by now. That’s how stupid they think men are.

3 Likes

I bet amongst that 5% of “woman” about 75% were not born “woman”.

2 Likes

I’m sure you did. The thread is going as well as expected. :frowning_face:

This is all you need to know about the differences between men and women and why we annoy the hell out of each other.

edit for clarity: Gaming is a man’s nothing box.

4 Likes

Yea but there’s a problem with that Nothing Box, it only has 10% of women :thinking:
“Talk to MEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee…”

1 Like

Yea, that’s the reason I skipped the survey.

5 Likes

I find calling them women works.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I started it, got halfway through and stopped… not a very good study for your master thesis… i suggest going about this a different way, or choose a different game…

2 Likes

Does that include men dressing up as women with monster size boobs in game?

That’s a pretty reasonable assumption, in my opinion.

1 Like

@Mr_Epeen

I really like this song Caruso, and I also really like this woman Lara Fabian because of the sheer emotion she can put into her singing, so this blew my socks off, what do you think?

Lara Fabian - Caruso (English lyrics translation) - YouTube

I was really happy to find this wonderful piece.

2 Likes

Opinion, Ok.

1 Like

What did you expect exactly? That we all get on our knees before our Gender Masters, fill out that slanted and biased “survey” and tearfully apologize for being Men?!
Are you the kind of guy who gets swayed by big fancy elaborated words?
I mean, look at this garbage: Social Dominance Theory, Social Identity Theory, Social Dominance Orientation Scale, Ambivalent Sexism Inventory Scale, Deindividiuation Scale, Sexual Harassment Scale, Group Identification Scale (!)
That’s the biggest pile of cacamimi bs words I’ve seen strung together in one sentence in a long time. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I finished and left a scathing comment about the invalidity of the survey from a scientific perspective because it is full of the OP’s bias. If they did not have a peer review the survey before sending it out, they have already horribly failed at the market review process, and they and their teacher should be ashamed that such a biased survey made it out the door.

8 Likes

You sure are pretty for a man.