Closed

Just calling ganking “PVP” is a classic example of the bamboozlement that EVE bottom feeds on.

This aspect is too one sided to be called gamey or deem someone as “losing”. Its like cold cocking someone who just stepped out of the bathroom, laughing, and then simultatneously saying it was a “joke” and accusing them of sucking at “fighting”. But yeah, that sort of nutjobbery gets some people off.

Suicide ganking is not important for the overall economy. And if I am wrong or if it ever is, that would be simply for how the economy and game are designed. They can be designed differently.

As ever my biggest issue is with the IRL lying and bamboozling to get people to play this game rather than just be straight with them. When people are suckered, particularly IRL to get them playing, then ganked for the intentionally spread misconceptions, (like calling central empire space "high sec when its not) that’s not PVP. Its abuse.

Just declaring that this game is what is and just accept it is not a road to progress. This game is not perfect and it can progress. While its amazing the game has lasted this long, its unlikely the same old crap is going to perpetuate it forever, especially when some aspects really are just crap.

2 Likes

OP is right. Thunderchild | Heagen | Killmail | zKillboard - What was his counter-play to this gank? I guess it is not to play, so he quit.

I’ve never owned a Thunderchild. So I’m having a hard time believing he needed that ship in order to play the game. It sounds like a classic case of someone flying a ship they can’t afford, because their ego can’t adapt to reality.

2 Likes

I think he adapted to the reality that he was being lied to and left the game. Uosusukko is not high security space even though CCP is telling us it is.

People might marry a liar and try to change them for a while, but eventually some get smart and just get a divorce.

Oh, wait. I forgot he was supposed to check the killboard of every system on his dozen jump journey so he could realize that that point of 0.7 space isn’t remotely 0.7. (sigh)

1 Like

Like seriously, what is wrong with you?

You know that ganking is part of the game. CCP has acknowledged this and been honest about it, from the very start of the game (nearly two decades ago).

CCP is not lying to us. You are lying, pretending that ganking is a ‘surprise’.

Here is the original EVE trailer.

It’s obviously a game about piracy.

4 Likes

The question is, what is wrong with you?

That is not related to what I said…at all.

I can’t tell if you are putting words in my mouth to try and be clever or if its just a product of mental miswiring.

Ganking is part of the game.

There’s nothing you can do to change that.

I never said different. What is wrong with you??

No crap Sherlock. That is why I support people who quit over it while you whine that people should accept being bend over with sand instead of lube.

Here’s the door:

:door:

I love EVE. There is no reason for you to sit here and cry endlessly about how you are quitting and want everyone else to quit with you.

2 Likes

Why would you support people quitting over ganking?
People/Friends should be empowering everyone to bounce back from a gank? Not quit?
Good life lesson to always bounce back from hardship and learn what was done wrong.

5 Likes

I decided your issue is your mental miswiring. I think you really do believe the crap you spew is on target.

Not what I said. I said I support them over the lies they are told and forced to live that get them ganked.

I am good with ganking just not how game mechanics and labeling operates.

1 Like

Yah, you seem real good.

:roll_eyes:

Thankfully, it’s a choice to be a perpetual victim, not a forced condition.

We can all choose not to be that.

3 Likes

Just stop. I have played the game off and on for 10 years with various characters doing mostly PVE. I have never been ganked in highsec. Ganking is an important part of the game and isn’t going anywhere. Get over it.

2 Likes

When all you know are lies you cannot make a proper choice at all.

Unlike Aiko I think you know this perfectly well.

All right um… Game mechanics coming with ganking seem pretty straight forward? 1.0 is the fastest concord response time, 0.5 is slowest? Remember concord are here to avenge not protect.

“Labeling”? Like how people are toxic? or mine for salt? That’s in most games lol.

hey guys, I know this gets heated but we are all playing this game together.
its going to be best to keep personal insults out of it and focus on what you CAN do about in game things you don’t like.

so timeouts, then back to braiding hair and pillow fights, ok?

2 Likes

But you can certainly make improper choices - like choosing to be a perpetual victim.

No matter the game mechanics, making a choice to perpetually lose and be a victim seems pretty counter to the reason for playing games. Kind of a weird choice for someone to make.

2 Likes

Exactly. Calling that “high security” is a fat lie. It confuses people.

Letting known gankers fly through gates into “high security” space is simply unfathomable as anything other than a scam.

It takes people time figure out they are being scammed. It takes even more time to fully understand the scam.

Ganking jollies are one thing and bad enough. But its the IRL scam that really rankles.

Even the killboard has finally come clean and explained that they cannot post all kills. I don’t like having the pop-up with every fresh page, but at least they are being clear and honest.

1 Like