CODE. announces February contest (win up to 12 billion isk)

There’s the problem - trying to solve problems before they actually happen. Blowing up >1b isk Gilas and other stupid fits like that makes sense - it’s EVE, and someone has to be around to wield the weapon of natural selection. Heck I could even get behind blowing up exhumers, retrievers, and covetors - if you’re flying one of those you’d best stay alert(or in the case of the covetor, be mining so much that getting blown up is no big deal). Problem is, blowing up ventures does not teach miners anything - for many, it’s the only ship they can afford as a newbro. Assaulting newbros is where I draw the line - if you put them off from the game before they even get the chance, how in the world will you have something to shoot at that’s actually FUN to shoot at? Yea…no. If CODE REALLY cared about their own new order, they’d stick to blowing up the actually stupid fits. They WOULDN’T be total jerks and just blow up ventures just to spite them.

1 Like

Oh, man! Blowing up ventures is the worst thing ever! What kind of monster would do such a thing! Think of the children! Blah!!!1

4 Likes

Did you just compare being an Olympic level athlete to sitting in front of a computer for 6 straight years depriving yourself of vitamin D?

It teaches them that EVE is a PVP game, first and foremost. It teaches them to always stay alert, always be wary of their surroundings.

These are all valuable lessons that need to be taught. Its easy to be told that. Its easy to be told “Hey this is a PVP Game”. But only through loss, does it actually sink in.

Many CODE agents will actually give isk to players who got blown up if they are genuinely new players.

But only to players who are genuinely keen to learn and want to continue playing.

The thing is, this is a game, and youre supposed to have fun. Its all in good fun. If youre salty and swearing and threatening the lives of the ganker, then, sorry, but youre the one whos being toxic and a bad person.

Ive played plenty of games where ive lost due to the incompetance of my allies. I continue to play Dota 2, heavily, and lose constantly because of an idiot who doesnt know how to play. And ill call them out for being a bad player, but ive never threatened their lives or their families lives or wished them cancer or death or anything.

And yes, ventures are given out free in the story missions. So literally, they are freely given out.

3 Likes

Spare the gank, spoil the miner. That’s my motto. Teach them the path when they are young and they will not veer from it.

Plus any ship we destroy is a crappy fit. Period.

Also, who are you to question how we protect New Order space? Everyone knows that James 315 is the dually elected master and commander of all of High Sec.

Praise be His name! \o/

6 Likes

SPARE THE GANK, SPOIL THE MINER!

3 Likes

It’s not impossible to kill large numbers of CODE ships at a time.

Thats good. Thats really good.

The thing is, with miners, the whole “I wouldve paid you, you shouldve told me/warned me/bumped me/convo’d me/come to my house and wake me up” thing isnt true. They dont, because they wont believe you until you gank them. They think to themselves “Nah, they wont. Why would anyone waste more money and not make a profit by ganking me”.

To a miner who cares only about Isk, he will not part with it unless forced, and he will not understand the motives of someone who is not self-centered about isk.

2 Likes

Its also not impossible to lose an expensive ship to gankers.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You mean whoring on concord killmails?

I’d hope you were saying kill as a joke, but I know you’re just an idiot :rofl:

4 Likes

While Dryson’s alt is technically correct, his alt apparently suffers from the same delusions as he does. Going through his killboard shows that he did not kill anyone. All he does was/is whoring on CONCORD killmails.

To legitimately claim that one has destroyed a ship, he should have more than 5% damage done to it. He’s abusing the fact that Big Brother CONCORD won’t hunt him for his lies.

3 Likes

Only 4 days before the competition begins. Stay tuned for important updates!

Praise James! \o/

2 Likes

You know … before the protection button and suspect state, people went to belts can-flipping new (and old) players not just to look for a fight.

People were mostly looking for recruits. It’s been a part of the culture of EVE for over a decade. Of course there were always those who didn’t like it, but there were also many who were actually excited about the fact that this was actually possible in a video game.

Recruiting by shooting people has been a thing since forever, and it worked really well. Also you need to learn using paragraphs, otherwise you’re just kind of anti-social and look like you’re angrily ranting.

4 Likes

:baby_symbol:

I don‘t have interest in joining a Corp, do I still get something if I kill miners during the contest?

1 Like

You can kill miners anytime. You don’t have to be a member of the mighty CODE. alliance to be a member of the New Order movement or to enforce the Code!

But to participate in this contest, you do need to be a member of one our fine corporations. If you’re new to ganking then I would recommend our training corp, New Order Logistics.

More can be accomplished when we work together as a team. Hunting skiffs and procs with a large fleet of T1 cats for instance, and orca hunts. Gotta love those orca hunts. Plus we can show miners exactly how effective we are by just pointing them to our alliance killboard…

Praise James!

1 Like

I’m not new to ganking, where’d I be put?

1 Like

It would be an absolute honor sir if you’d join my corp.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a “Knights of the New Order” once?

Also… thank you. It’s probably the first time a CODE member considers me welcome. :slight_smile:
(not counting DJ Entropy)

2 Likes

There may have been. I named this corp after the phrase that James 315 used to describe the agents in his very early posts in his blog.

It’s a work in progress. But we have a few really good players in the corp now and you would definitely be welcomed.

(I remember DJ Entropy, he was an agent among agents).

1 Like