CODE - can anyone can explain?

How can you argue that they are out of control when you have no idea how many trillions are moving about high sec? You have no idea what 2.7 trillion is out of…10 trillion…500 trillion. To be that efficient, people would have to be overloading ships with billions of stuff. All gankers have to do is cherry pick their targets.

4 Likes

Brutto being gross, I assume you mean gross profit, which is what I described. Income less costs.

The numbers you’re so casually throwing around are not based on drops, which is where any potential profit is, but a cumulative value that measures total cost of things that are destroyed and dropped vs the cost of the things expended to achieve it.

Are you confusing efficiency ratio with profit margin, which is also generally expressed as a percentage?

3 Likes

Who cares?

CODE has shown its possible to wreck 2.76 TRILLION for a a mere loss of of 50bil, in one month of HS suicide ganking.

You cant get odds like that in anything else.

So you’re going to ignore that people are over loading their ships for gankers to cherry pick premo targets?

And for all you know 2.7 trillion is 1% of high Sec traffic.

Once again you show just how ignorant you are. It took me 2min to find a corp that does even better:

Go nerf lowsec salvos

2 Likes

Ok, here’s a breakdown. When CODE popped my Orca:

My total value: 1,876,855,482.70 ISK (This is the value I lost).
Destroyed: 994,862,972.68 ISK (This value is gone forever into the inky depths of space).
Dropped: 881,992,510.02 ISK (This is what someone may or may not have gotten a hold of if they had a ship big enough to snag it).

53% of the value was destroyed on gankage. CODE did not get that 994mil. HawHaw! Someone in CODE did get a chunk of my bounty and if they snagged the rest they got the other 47%. I don’t know how much they lost and I don’t care. Their losses are irrelevant to me. I need to accept their existence and make adjustments since clearly CCP is cool with it.

I have done so.

5 Likes

Geniuses like the following are why CODE’s efforts are needed in high sec. In my 12 years of playing EVE, this is quite possibly the most deserving gank I have ever seen. A minimally tanked Orca, carrying 5.2 BILLION ISK in cargo, along with a Praxis, 2 Hulks, and 100+ skins and clothing items…

1 Like

Eve online is a sandbox where you can do anything you want.

They get their ships for free and get paid more than they’re worth for losing them. Look into code’s ship replacement program. They get paid even when they fail. No risk.

1 Like

Yeah Code is always good for a giggle, I also like whoring on their concordokens and getting free kills.

As an industrialist in Eve, I would say, long life to CODE!

the more they kill, the more we sell!

8 Likes

The best part about ganking with CODE was the laughs.

Second best was learning the ABC of protecting yourself in EVE.

Third was the sheer scale of the destruction we dealt out. I produce stuff as well, and without CODE breaking things, there would be much, much less demand for new ships and modules in highsec. Especially freighters and orcas (although I don’t build either of those).

6 Likes

CODE is basically what happened when players decided to science the **** out of suicide ganking. The RP is there as entertainment and sometimes bonus infuriating susceptible victims into blind rage, possibly stopping them from learning anything from the gank. It took me like two days to calm someone down after they got ganked.

That’s my view from the outside anyway.

The people who are trying to have a rational conversation with you. Which seem impossible as you only use facts that you like and ignore the ones you don’t. Stop being a clown.

o/

4 Likes

One must destroy to rebuild.

That is all.

2 Likes

CCP should study/investigate the rate of player attrition from suicide ganking.

There’s no need for CCP to study the rate of player attrition from suicide ganking.

o/

Is that supposed to be a Jedi mind-trick wave?

Wrong universe, broski.

Nope, just showing you how meaningless your answers are by mimicking you.

o/

2 Likes

All causes/sources of player attrition should be of concern to CCP.
No business wants to lose customers, if they can avoid it.