CODE - can anyone can explain?

Sure, but there is no problem here, as you have not provided any proof of that other than “50 trillion is a big number”. You’ve also been told that several times by previous posters. You are lost in a circle.

o/

2 Likes

Why should I have to provide proof to CCP? Im not paid by them. Up to them to investigate causes of player attrition.

Numbers are big, yes, but does anyone have any numbers on how much a suicide ganker has to invest if he wants to be sure of popping a certain ship? And how badly the targets are tanked on average? And ofc how many of CODE’s kills are in actual HS, how many LS (where they can get away)?

I’ve actually been attacked in a small industrial once, by a destroyer and frigate at a LS gate, but they retreated when they didn’t manage to get through my shields in the first volleys. So my T1 industrial ship, one you get from the Career Agent missions, can be fitted good enough to not explode instantly when fired upon by small ships. To suicide gank it in HS would take more than a throw-away Thrasher, so the attacker should be really sure my potential cargo drops will cover his loss. Ergo a comrade/alt doing cargo scanning? Or a mole in the transport corporation feeding cargo info to the attackers for a cut of the take?

IMO the only way the numbers are a problem is if it is too easy and cheap to take out even emphasized text_properly fitted_emphasized text ships in HS suicide ganking.

Exactly. Why on earth can’t you read what you just wrote yourself and stop spamming threads with your always repeating nonsense?

Let CCP decide whether and how they want to investigate the issue and everybody else have meaningful conversations in these forums without you spamming every thread…

6 Likes

Hi,
this may be of use

Use zkillboard to see the typical fits for the gank ships.

2 Likes

I suppose it’s like bowling.

Somebody sets 'em up, you knock 'em down, and then we do it all again.

I’m not a bowler myself. I enjoy the flipping of bits in microchips.

Talks by CCP quant suggest that they indeed look into this matters and they also suggest that losing a ship by whatever means increases the retention rate.

Ofcourse you know this already, but since the reality does not aligne with your gut feelings and agenda you ignore it or just dismiss it.

You are simply a liar and a pretty bad one at that.

12 Likes

Sounds like ganking should be buffed.

Gets my vote.

3 Likes

That’s code making enough money to cover this. that is actually kind of impressive in a sick//odd way.

Risk here is time comes return is less than isk put out, FRP/SRP stops. Money problems have brought down many crews.

The money for the SRP comes from donations and is mainly used for getting new players who want to gank started until they are self-sufficiant. You don’t even have to be in CODE. to get ISK from the SRP, it is a New Order thing.

I don’t think I have to tell anyone that player run SRP has nothing to do with risk/reward. I mean only brain dead people would think that is even an argument :rofl:

I myself never used a single ISK from the New Order SRP.

1 Like

You’re not including the victims in that number, they are definitely receiving content too. Don’t forget people not included on kill mails, such as scouts, anti-gankers and thieves - people trying to steal from the wreck before CODE. can nab it.

All in all, they’re doing a bang up job, creating content in an otherwise mostly content starved part of the game

4 Likes

The whole ag thing only exists because of us. We are their main content.

“Orkin only exists because of us.”
-Cockroach-

1 Like

Is this another Fab Rod alt? Still mad because of that Mammoth? :rofl:

I’m whoever you want me to be.

It actually is true. There was no such thing as even an attempt to do something like AG before CODE existed, because it was CODE who put ganking into a bigger spotlight. That was before it all condensed into Freighter ganking, probably the most boring form of ganking by now, yet continuously in the spot light for all the wrong reasons.

Anyhow, eventually enough white knights and wannabe good people felt insignificant enough to declare … well … a name, because that antiganking actually all it ever was. With the exception of Jennifer Marland … I forgot the middle name.

But hey, please let your personal bias and hate towards them ignore actual facts and historic developments.

2 Likes

I honestly wish that there was an ‘anti-ganking’ organisation worthy of respect. One that could beat us at least often enough that it posed a real challenge.

2 Likes

Are gofundme’s about such a thing allowed? Like, paying someone real money, so he can dedicate his time to creating content. Of course would this require fail safes, or people who can be trusted.

Idk. The only ones who can do this, are people like us, and we all seem to be rather busy with other things, including real life.

This was discussed from top to bottom but still: CCP found that losing ship in first weeks correlates with staying in the game for longer. And that’s it. Not less and not more.

2 Likes

They did a lot more than just this one study. Salvos knows this and ignores it because it does not fit his agenda: High Sec Ganking

2 Likes