Colby Bosh'tet for CSM 19

My EVE Story

Hey all, my name is Colby, and I’ve been playing EVE Online since 2015. Early in my journey, I dove headfirst into wormhole PvP after joining Wingspan Delivery Services. From there, I ventured into Null Sec with Hard-line Syndicate, where I spent time gate camping in C-j6MT with a carrier and a sabre. Eventually, I returned to wormhole life with Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, where my passion for wormhole space grew. I even founded my own corporation, Great White Hunters, which I’ve proudly led for over six years.

In addition to running Great White Hunters, I’ve enjoyed being part of Bombers Bar, where I ran fleets in a fantastic community environment. Over the years, I’ve done almost everything in EVE, and now I feel it’s time to give back to this incredible community. I understand the responsibility of being a voice for the EVE community, and I would be honoured to represent and advocate for players’ feedback to ensure the game continues to be enjoyable for everyone.

My Expertise:

• Wormhole mechanics and evictions
  • Capital warfare
  • High and low-class wormhole life
  • Small to medium-scale fleet PvP

A Bit About Me:

I live on the east coast of Australia and serve in the Australian Defence Force. I share my home with my partner and two dogs—a 6-month-old Belgian Malinois and a 10-month-old Miniature Dachshund. In my past, I attended college in the US on a basketball scholarship and have played ice hockey as a goalie at the representative level. I continue to play paintball competitively at the professional level here in Australia.

In my spare time, I collect Warhammer and am currently building a Chaos Knights army. I also enjoy training our dogs and balancing work, hobbies, and EVE.

Why Choose Me?

I’m here for you, the individual player. I’m straightforward, and I value communication and feedback. While CCP ultimately steers the game, I’m committed to ensuring that your ideas and concerns are heard and considered. Like you, I love EVE, and I want to see it thrive for years to come.

As a dedicated member of the wormhole community, I’m passionate about improving and expanding wormhole space while ensuring that CCP’s changes positively impact the game. I hope to foster a thriving wormhole community and help build EVE Online into an even stronger and more inclusive environment, no matter where or how you choose to play.

What You Can Expect From Me:

• Open communication and transparency
  • A reliable voice to share your thoughts and ideas with CCP
  • A dedicated wormhole community for collaboration and feedback
  • A strong stance against botting

In Summary:

EVE Online is a game we all cherish, and I want to contribute to its future alongside you. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me. I’m looking forward to meeting many of you during this journey. Don’t hesitate to reach out on Discord if you’d like to chat.

Discord: Colby

1 Like

Colbys expertise at wormholes never ceases to amaze me. Best of luck!

@Colby_Bosh_tet Do you support hiring (EVE Vanguard) Warclone Mercenaries as an attack/defense vector in Capsuleer conflicts? Like attacking/defending Planetary Infrastructure, Skyhooks/POCOs and Upwell Structures?

As a CSM would you try and pitch for CCP to make stack multi-split (splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks of same size in one go instead of just one split at a time) happen?

Hey Elinore,

I cannot speak effectively to EVE Vanguard as I personally have not played it but would love to talk about this one further to educate myself and get points to pass on.

On your second point I think that is a great idea and would save alot of time for many EVE players. I see no reason this point could not be brought up and further more, implemented. Another hangar management point I have interest in is Alliance Hangars, just like we currently have Corp Hangars.

Thanks for the questions mate, and would love to follow up to learn more about your first point.

Colby

1 Like

EVE Vanguard is intended to be an EVE Online “module” for playing FPS action on separate character. The game is intended to be standalone not dependent on Capsuleer actions and yet connected to New Eden and influencing its state via various activities. The first such activity present from the start of the playtest was contribution to corruption in Pirate Insurgency affected systems. Then in March contribution to suppression was added.

November will bring more activities and some will be directly able to interact with Capsuleers via contraband generation by EVE Vanguard players. No specific details has been given yet. It was suggested the contraband might be used for production of drugz ehem, sorry, combat boosters ofc by Capsuleers :wink:

Action in EVE Vanguard maps will be located in the same universe in real time. There will be same regions, same constellations, systems and planets available for doing contracts - NPC provided atm.

The communication between two modules (EVE:O and EVE:V) is facilitated by EVE backend component called Quasar and involves sending events from one module to another and back and respond to them accordingly casing the organic emergence of synchronized actions.

Here is a link to official EVE Vanguard Discord post on the connection. A pic from there depicting Quasar link intricacies as of 15th Sep 2024 (it is being worked on yet to optimize it and adopt to EVE Vanguard specifics)
image4
Simplified Quasar client is EVE Vanguard, or anything CCP would like to hook to it and participate in EVE Online services chatter.

This is how the structure looks now for EVE Online game client
Image2
The message bus in both pictures is the same service both clients read from and write to.

The latency of sending and receiving events as of now is, acknowledged by CCP London yesterday in Vanguard Q&A session, measured in milliseconds.

So back to the Vanguards being hired by Capsuleers to do dirty precision jobs in cramped or “dusty” spaces. It shouldn’t be possible for Vanguards to mess with Capsuleers assets on their own.

For that a Capsuleer would first need to create a contract on EVE:O side for Vanguards to do something against another Capsuleer. Then the contract info is transmitted via Quasar to EVE:VG servers and listed in-game for all (or selected ones if private contract) to sign for it and do the job. All further player action in EVE Vanguard related to that contract and Capsuleer’s assets representation state change would be transmitted back to EVE Online via Quasar ofc.

Again it would be a Capsuleer who decides to use Vanguards against another Capsuleer not Vanguards doing it by themselves to kill time :slight_smile:

This is the CSM Japanese translation team.

Your translation has been completed. By the way, I am a third sergeant in the JSDF reserves and a radio communications engineer. I usually spend my time as an infrared and electrical engineer, and in my spare time at night I drive an Uber Premium.

If you see a member of the JSDF wearing a Tom Clancy The Division mission patch, it could be me.