Commander Aze

This will disrupt the use of capitals, as many capital alts were watchlisted by enemies as a heads up to being dropped on or something going on. The watchlist should stay dead. The game is better for it. Find better Intel tools or don’t wardec people you don’t already know where they live, or most active players. Free Intel is for the sloppy and the lazy.
When we have important ops, we make sure we have eyes in every home system of our enemies AND we run locator agents on Fc’s. That is organization that gets results and it isn’t free.

My bad wrote this quickly intended to add limit watch list to highsec only.

maybe we could tie the bounties in with a new kind of locator agent. A bounty agent that can give you a blanket of data on players online with bounties on their heads. You filter by corp/alliance and then take your list to the locator agents. Boom, we just made bounty hunting viable too.

P.s. maybe we could get work done on bounties as well, with something like that, I dunno. I don’t even know if you can put bounties on corps or alliances

Maybe a new skill that increases bounty payouts, or a bounty verification that allows you to receive a notification when a kill mail is submitted and you have the option of what amount of your bounty goes out for it.

Anything is better than the current bounty system. It’s so lame and most will never pay out their bounty

1 Like

Bounties shouldn’t last long on FW pilots. We die. A lot. But you know the bounty system is broken when you throw a bounty on your favorite enemy and you get so sick and tired of the bounty notifications that you put them on ignore.

well the issue is at 20% the value of the ship lost if I put a billion isk bounty even losing battlecruisers will take a long time to die enough to get rid of it. it was meant as an incentive but its really not enough money to make it worth it.

Thanks a lot for the reply @commander_aze

@Gadget_Helmsdottir would you mind joining the discord linked just above?

@Solstice_Projekt look up

Can’t at work.
Maybe tonight. What TZ are y’all in?

–Curious Gadget

Eu and US
pretty mixed up :slight_smile:

Its got people talking all day in there, regardless of TZ :slight_smile:

Thank you.

… and I looked up and saw the light …
… of the lightbulb blinding me.

I have my special moments. : - )

I think bounty is great for suicide gankers. Rarely is it much, but occasionally it can be a treat.

I think the easiest fix here is the percent payout, I think the incentive table needs to go upwards so more is paid out for killing people that people are paying to have a bounty on.

There should be a pay out to defenders in a war if the defense killed more of the aggressors during the war than the aggressors killed of the defenders. That will reduce the carpet decs if that payout comes from the aggressors (would be held in escrow in addition to cost of war dec). It also gives an incentive for defenders to either fight back or hire someone to defend them. This amount could scale in the way you already are talking about as well. Would mean more intent in the wars you declare as opposed to just throwing them out there in the hopes they all don’t jump ship.

Aside from the inconvenience of harder travel and less safety there is no incentive for defenders. This coupled with balancing things between the already heavily weighted defence side to the offense side (risk more for better favor).

Just spitballing here as the idea just popped into my head reading this. A lot of what I hear concerning this topic seems like it will just penalize alliances like mine who enjoy being highsec mercs without giving a lot of incentive for defenders to participate which is a lot of the root of the carpet declarations anyway.

its a tricky balance between offense and defense the challenge is that there are groups that under no level of risk vs reward will ever fight. considering a game of learning skills many of the people in (especially new to these groups) industry or mining corps sub 100 characters don’t have combat skills beyond the starting because mining skills can take a long time to max or near max. (fully skilled for t2 strips and exhumers can take several months if not longer.) understanding that play style they just want to chill in space and chat on coms. generally speaking this doesn’t make a ton of isk especially in high sec so the risk vs rewards is already pretty warped considering the safety of bloc null mining mercoxit for example.

I mainly want to see some level of ability to grow a group in high sec regardless of being war decced. As it stands its a death sentence if a group is deced for more than a few weeks. A lot of this is the lack of desired content. it really pushes me to think we should look into engagement zones of some size or another. removing all opportunity for desired content at the R/W level they want removed the will to login. leaving that opportunity open means the potential for war decers to catch the people moving out of the engagement zones but also leaving opportunity for the content that they might want if they prepare for it.

1 Like

What problem would that solve?

mainly player retention as wars are a large reason for more casual high sec players to leave the game.

So then they pay for defense since their skills allow them to mine instead of fight. If you are mining for a living in eve you shouldn’t get special favor because you choose to play that way. Miners/Indy make great isk especially in highsec where we have moon mining now as well as a lot less risk and replaced ships.

There are groups who will defend you for a price and others who enjoy target rich highsec who will ally in just to add to the number of targets they have access to. Its a lame cop out to say…well I chose not to be combat oriented therefore the game should have a bias to shield me from other combat oriented groups.

If you are a small corp or alliance without the means then you need to earn your right to do that…if you can’t defend whats yours do you really deserve to have it handed to you?

pay for defense :grin: was waiting for this. I once asked Marmite what it would cost to war dec Vendetta the response was " we wont"

if you think high sec mining makes “great isk” then you haven’t lived in null or W space. Cause the isk per hour is ridiculously higher with lower stakes in null and W space (provided you prep correctly)

Heres the thing about small groups, give them time and they become large, however they need time. I personally feel this is why we have mass blocs instead of a more diverse smaller groups. there is a general feeling that there is no other way to play than to be in a large block because they can protect themselves. This is in my opinion is mainly to due with eves high sec mechanics dumpstering small groups that are trying to grow into something but end up not able to do that.

1 Like