[Completed] Extended Downtime Notification - 13 October 2021

There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday 13 October in preparation for patch deployment. Downtime is expected to last until 11:30 UTC, however we will be back up sooner if work is completed early.

Updates can be found in this thread, as well as the official EVE Status Twitter account.

Thank you for your understanding o7

9 Likes

Update:
11:12 UTC
The patch was deployed ahead of schedule, and Tranquility is once again accepting connections.

Patch notes

3 Likes

I would like to know more.

8 Likes

It better involve bringing back the classic RGB UI again otherwise :fire:

3 Likes

Went and grabbed this one, thanks o7

5 Likes

There are no battles in the Arena.

What will the Wednesday patch bring to the cluster that requires an extended DT? Hopefully not the CRAP because it has still not been fixed in any way yet.

1 Like

/engage sarcasm

Whats to fix? Its perfect as is just like all our new features.

2 Likes

Not rushing but how long is a normal downtime average? hour? 2? :smiley: o7

A normal down time is about 3-5mins

Thank you CCP Fleebix, thank you all for visiting eve wallpaper.
It is nice to see your work is put it in good use.

3 Likes

I’m fairly confident at this point that they don’t use Singularity to get feedback, but rather CCP puts a build on SiSi to show us what they’re going to do regardless.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s a statement: We will do this and you WILL like it!

2 Likes

thanks

Genuinely though, what is actually being patched tomorrow? Did I miss a news item? Surely not the capital sites.

If we go by CCP’s recent pattern of announcing something, putting it on the test server and then releasing it without patching almost any issues, we will get the CRAP tomorrow. Remember how CCP said in the last BEAT that they are happy with the feature? Rattati is pulling all the plugs to ruin EVE further.

Its going to be the whole mining ship rebalance, no preamble just changes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They wouldn’t put massive economy change without any announcement.

I bet it’s this capital sites without any changes. And they gonna pout again because everyone will bring forks out.

And two weeks timeline (CRAB was announced two weeks ago) is almost inline with first appearance of skill ui changes and pushing it onto TQ.

This aged quite well…

ps. can’t wait to see MER after this one.

2 Likes

The CRAB has seen several changes on the test server based on feedback; from increased payouts, added restrictions for placement, with some AI changes vs fighters with more changes to come :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe we get blackout 2.0 …delayed local all over New Eden. :blush: One can dream. :stuck_out_tongue:

after it lands on TQ I suspect?

I really don’t get why in CCP ideology it’s better to lose player than have few days of delay push something that at lest was standing near quality content