[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 14 September 2021

They always decide not to delay a feature regardless of how badly it is being received in terms of feedback about the quality.

2 Likes

How can we NOT ‘be patient’?

Уже целый час игра лагает! Тогда в сообщении не нужно определять период в который не укладываетесь!

I didn’t say otherwise.

Though they delayed the hell out of WiS

There is a section for russian speaking players, this section is for english only please.

Is the SP/min info gone? Can’t find it anymore.

Each time they try to redesign it they have to put in some kind of element in it thats broken and unnacepptable. This time its not vertical wording on categories that people ridiculed to the point CCP corrected it, but overall amount of free space filled by nothing.

2 Likes

Then it’s probably gone. Too complicated for the newbies and less information is better for discovery and retention. Just use a third party tool because CCP doesn’t want to give you information.

Yeah that’s the problem… not the entire concept that looks like it came from.

UI for dummies.
Lesson 1: touch screens and you.

And let’s not forget this isn’t just a ui issue. The skill plan creator is utterly broken clunk worthy of an alpha proof of concept title. Not something that should be going live.

1 Like

WTB this:

24 Likes

Oh, well…

F UI

They can just bring out a compact mode, It will be different for new players than existing players, existing players hate change and want space on screen to do other things.

New players want a damn explanation next to everything so they don’t have to guess what to do.

2 UI’s 1 for each is the only way forward

2 Likes

Existing players do not hate change. Existing players know how to use the UI, know how the UI should work, know what the UI should do and suggest these things to CCP all the time to make the UI better. This is not hatred against change. This is telling CCP to do a good job. But CCP adamantly refuses to do just that and instead listens to people who discredit everyone who actually understands a few more things about the UI than CCP does.

The funny thing is that the new UI explains less and hides more information than the existing UI. Plus, only after giving CCP extensive feedback on their newest trainwreck, they actually added some of the information back into the mix.

3 Likes

Time to say goodbye to my neat skill sheet, say hi to the cramped, grey mass of eye cancer that is the new skill window - now external from the character sheet, since that has gotten a bit cramped due to clone management getting showed into it for no reason.

Please tell me you at least fixed that fold in arrow on the character sheet hiding the information istead of the wiggling character animation…

Somehow every time CCP announces UI changes feels even more dreadful then looking at the MER…

3 Likes

Have you actually looked over the new ui?

Oh… so you haven’t

That’s CCP’s best UI quality that is supposed to be an improvement over the existing UI. It shows less text, cuts more text off, shows less information, overlaps UI elements with other UI elements, removes UI elements from the queue that are now more important than ever because of the narrower space for the queue, introduces confusing time measurement text, wastes more space, and still requires a larger window than the existing UI. More space for less content. This is what we get tomorrow.

Whoever says older players hate change is maybe right. This change deserves nothing but hatred.

14 Likes

Can we not change the way the skills look? or at least have an option to switch between old look and new? And I’m guessing with the new quadrant you guys are just going to skip fixing scarcity?

2 Likes

What do you mean fixing?

If you mean lifting then yes that’s thing to start towards the end of q4

1 Like

Should I buy boost kit today or wait for change? Seriously, old player returning. again… and again…

As someone who has avoided PvP as much as possible and someone who is quite comfortable with the skill setup as it is, reading the comments up to this point has made me truly apprehensive about the change happening tomorrow.

As someone who prides himself on his adaptability, I am certain I will adapt to the new system.
If I DO complain about the new system; it will only be after thorough testing and attempts to adapt to it.
If I complain, it would be time to SCRAP the whole matter.

I don’t expect to complain.

1 Like