[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 15/04/2020

I’m a almost 2 years player. Its was hard in time and skills to get here. my motivation to keep playing was the remote opportunity to fly some big ship. get progress in game and have good time with my corporation fellows. None of my motivation in game are buster with a Nerf patch. honestly I think that works backward to new players. Please CCP stop doing like a suicide teenage girlfriend!

2 Likes

Confused Black Guy

2 Likes

Coronavirus started in September of last year?

1 Like

On what page ar we now , afther this Patch!!

3 Likes

Right…listen to your own advice. Check the test server what means 55-20% = 44.

What do all the NPC’s do while we are locked out of New Eden?

Nah… I think the nerfening started around September 2013…

you forgot the obligatory DDoS crap when the servers can’t cope with the changes…

1 Like

Page 3, line 5 sub paragraph 18222736455321 addenum 2

2 Likes

You do know 95% of those huge fights you are talking about happened well before the huge buff to plates/extenders that supers/titans got, and that they are now partly reversing right.
So you still have more ehp than when those huge fights happened.

Hint. It’s not the ehp that dictates if huge fights happen.

2-3 gank fit alphas will be able to power through active reps in comparable class ships.
Your years of training, or the amount of isk you spend on your ship will have little impact.
CCP has really taken an active stance on removing the lone wolf play style over the years.
These changes really just reduce it to a numbers game. If you have more people, you will likely win in almost all cases.

1 Like

When they worked at all. But that was part of the charm back then.

Their going to do a patch!!! Looooong skills time. :flushed:

1 Like

And ‘extended downtime’ meant half a day of trying to get the login server online. Things were better back then, damnit!

3 Likes

What about red dots? Repaint already?

Yes.

Published 7th April. So ~1 week ago.

Then this:

Six days go.

1 Like

Dude, you’re being ridiculous. The big fights your blind nostalgia is yearning for happened BEFORE faxes and resist modules were buffed sky high, before ore supplies were buffed to an effectively infinite supply, and the updates still haven’t taken either of those back where they were before.

7 Likes

Still better than WoW Maintenance in 2004.

1 Like

You realize that in July of 2018, during the battle of UALX, a Legacy titan (Ragnarok, not even the shield resistance bonused Leviathan) was able to survive a coordinated strike of THIRTY EIGHT (38) targeted Titan Doomsdays because FAXes were able to provide so much repping power? It dropped down to about 30% shields and remained stable until the DDs finished and was repped back to full health shortly after.

The reason people don’t have these “massive fights” anymore because the game is because FAXes are broken as hell. They’re so strong that fights aren’t bloody anymore. It boiled down to whoever could drop more FAXes to provide reps on Titans. If you’ve got enough reps, congrats, the enemy literally cannot kill it. If you don’t, then you’re going to die and eventually suffer massive losses trying to extract.

So if I understood corectly…Damage Control is not affected by this change?

1 Like

That is correct.

1 Like