[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 15 September 2021

exactly

1 Like

Iā€™m 26 and Iā€™ve played for about a month, maybe two in total. I find the new UI very badly designed indeed.

2 Likes

easily the worst part of the update ever, you know what it is

1 Like

do you guys know that you can resize the new skill window? middle top, change to floating and then resize like a normal window in EvEā€¦tadaa!! stop whining :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The window size is a detail of the bigger issue

I like the skill IU when it is floating instead of full screen GJ on it

I think theyā€™re complaining because you can only make it a little smaller. Its smallest size is still very large (and if you shrink it to the minimum width, the skill training time overlaps with the buttons at the right? Did they even test this thing?).

I think the new Skilltree is Ok but it could be better. First i whould like to see how much skillpoints that skill uses in total and how long it takes to learn the Skill.

Thats even more important when ur an Alpha. so u can Calculate which skill u can learn until u reach ur limit. But with no clue on that u probably get it wrong.

this is exactly what im missing aswell. I cant see how much SP you need to reach a certain level of a skill!

1 Like

This update includes bug fixes to Faction Warfare complex completion, to the new New Player Experience, and then we were updating our message bus ( RabbitMQ). That last part was potentially expected to last an hour but was complete in 20 minutes.

I dont understand why all crying about changes. I have played eve last Time in 2008. If i whould cry about all the Changes thats made since then. I whould probably need e Month to write it all down.

A long Term Game like Eve has to change to keeping it interesting and up to Date. Or whould you like to have th same Graphics like 2008. No HD and such stuff maybe 1280 x 640 pixel?

1 Like

but you need to address the UI for the skill tree, that thing needs to be streamlined a lot more, it doesnā€™t need to take up 70% of the client.

i am all for improving learning skills, and guiding new players to a career path.

but it doesnā€™t need to be THAT f**king big.

3 Likes

and the numerical skill points for that skill/level, AND the points per hour (for skills in training)

2 Likes

Well boys and girls looks like either you like or not the new UI we all gotta live with it :smiley:

1 Like

as someone with Autism, this whole UI overhaul is simply put, a monkey flinging stuff into a fanā€¦

did CCP pay some offshore 3rd world techcompany to design this and then slap it onto us?
in all seriousness, how are older players supposed to plan from now on? i have no clue how many days a skill needs unless i queue it, or cant estimate how much daily sp i need to stack for a full skillā€¦
and PLZ why a tablet sized font, this is just lacking logic, im almost inclined to say youā€™d have a certain phone manufactererā€™s designer at work hereā€¦

-opt out option or resizing window/font for new ā€˜UIā€™
-combine the skills/character tab on neocom again, its a waste to add more buttons on that already cramped sidebar
-time estimates on skills when hovering over them, y-know, like the old version that worked fineā€¦
-maybe have some actual players test this and apply feedback instead of focusing on some old fw spaghetti
-hide character button, if you force us to stare at it each time we open char tab, either fix the models or let us hide em

im seriously disappointed in CCP with this ā€˜UI overhaulā€™, clearly designed and implemented by people not playing. or is this to make it easy for young kids to enter the game

this is one of my first times posting on the forums and i rarely bother in general, but this, holy bobā€¦ it just drops my jaw

2 Likes

Once the servers come up be quick and grab those juicy harvester and augmented mining drones. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe if the Omega accounts just stopped paying for this garbage, CCP will get the point. Why they insist on catering to Alpha accounts is beyond me.

2 Likes

Donā€™t think the new UI appeals to alphas any more than to omegas, it is bad for anyone using the game.

In general CCPā€™s poor practices are not an alpha vs omega thing, it is simply bad developer practices and decision making issue.

Also if they try to turn EVE into a mobile game step by step that is also not an alpha thing nor should the focus be shifted on alphas instead of blaming the one responsible: CCP.

That said I fully agree with this:

4 Likes

Any particular Reason Eve wont launch on my Computer now?

Waiting for the flood of complaints by playerā€™s who tap the red box to see what skill you need or are looking at and find out they just purchased a skillbook priced far more than they wanted to spend.

4 Likes