[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 2020/06/18

Things are going well. We are starting up Tranquility in VIP mode to perform a few additional checks. Not long now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Past 2 weeks or something i experience disconnections 2-5 times a day on 2 accounts leaving me in awkward situations sometimes :unamused:

1 Like

is vip mode like, for ccp employees only?? iv never heard of that before. sounds cool :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have to say I really like the in game message up front, warning us of an extended down time. I don’t know how much extra work that creates for you guys but it’s a very welcome addition.

3 Likes

me too XD

Probably depends on the VPN. I know I had good luck during the massive DDoS in 2019 by using a VPN.

i tried nord premium once, didnt work for me sadly, i just play normally now as i dont really care XD

I verify the cache files after DT, it takes a min or to to do

1 Like

I have played with ExpressVPN enabled (and UDP protocol) at first, but with this enabled I got about 3x more disconnects than without :confused:

Glad to hear! That is now a part of our standard process when informing players about Extended Downtimes.

8 Likes

This about the missing BPOs thing?

I can not run a VPN because of the dedicated IP i have for some of the 3D software I have it needs constant connection to run for the render farm or i might try a VPN

Thank you guys so much for this awesome game :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine “Glad to hear! That is now a part of our standard process when informing players about Extended Downtimes.”

That is good news. Letting the players know ahead of time :smiley:
Good job!

3 Likes

I have also had at least 2 daily disconnects for the past few days, but my internet was working fine the whole time. Was able to instantly re-login to Eve.

1 Like

you don’t play it for very long time, don’t you??!

1 Like

i also like the new DT msg. <3

XD why skillbooks so expensive I wanna buy amarr freighter XD

im pretty sure those will never drop price lol, they are hard to obtain.

If you’re willing to put in some extra effort you can have your cake and eat it too by setting up routes (and probably DNS entries) for that 3D software to go through your network or for EVE to only go through the VPN