[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 7 December 2021

Oh no, you have to mine sub-optimally for some time? How will you survive?

1 Like

Not at all. I specifically said bpoā€™s were released early - Youā€™re the one who added it was only for ā€œindustrialistsā€ and ā€œcarebearsā€.
And as industrialists are the primary source of new or updated modules getting seeded into the game. - Again you are showing you have no idea what you aretalking about.

Is exactly what I said. Learn to read and respond to a post in context and not just respond with what you ā€œthinkā€ was said.

NB; If you want to be taken seriously at least try to respond to posts in context.

YOU are the one who made it about BPO specifically and only, not me. I know WHY you do that, itā€™s very obvious, but that doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s how it works. Other players, doing other play styles, donā€™t get the option to prepare with a prepatch like that.

Why do you think that youā€™re special and should be given that advantage?

Itā€™s not we industrialists who arenā€™t going to survive, itā€™s the entire player base thatā€™s dependent upon what we build. I hope you enjoy not being able to buy ships of any kind for any amount, as thatā€™s what CCP is making a certainty! I speak as some whoā€™s invested YEARS of effort into being able to support the production of what hundreds of players need, but Iā€™m certainly NOT going through this ridiculously HARDER THAN A REAL JOB process again!

1 Like

I personally quit mining several years ago. 13 accounts that have been Alpha since and with all this, will likely stay that way.

Not sure why you are trying to defend CCP once again for having ā€œmisleadā€ its paying customers and I really donā€™t feel the need to engage with you over it.

1 Like

Hold on. Log on with your alpha, take a look, experiment, then decide.

Other playstyles do benefit from industrialists getting new bpoā€™s early - How do you think new modules, ships etc get into the game?

Sorry but you are still talking about things you totally donā€™t understand and changing what is said to suit your own agenda.
I was specifically talking about new or altered BPOā€™s, you tried to change that to a random agenda that only you understand or care about.

Done with youā€¦ Whereā€™s that block button again?
Iā€™m not Ramona so donā€™t feel the need to engage in your shifting of the goalposts everytime one of your arguements fail.

Of course you were, otherwise youā€™d ā€œnoticeā€ a discrepancy there. Canā€™t have that.

Doesnā€™t actually matter does it, early bird catches the worm and the ones who race and put in effort get the first sales and purchases. Everyone who canā€™t be bothered (will have to) wait, as it should be.

You just want it easy and non-effort, as carebears do, and now all of a sudden CCP isnā€™t doing that youā€™re going bananas.

I thought we deploy skill and BPO changes first, and later deploy the ship changesā€¦ what happened to that proposal?

2 Likes

Personally Iā€™d like CCP both communicating better and screwing with whiners even harder.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s to hoping they left pi alone and not put it in moon ore, didnt nerf mining ship tanks ect, and other things.

There go those goal posts AGAINā€¦

Move them any further youā€™ll be talking about and defending next years Fukup CCP hasnā€™t even thought up yetā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve not moved one inch. I asked you why you think that industrialists should get a prepatch, so they can prepare, while others donā€™t get one. Read it all back, not moved one inch.

1 Like

@CCP_Psych
Will a follow on patch address Mining Missions? or will resources in Missions be part of what is doubled?
Whatā€™s currently on singularity doesnā€™t appear to increase the rock sizes beyond whatā€™s required to complete the mission.
Now T2 Modulated modules with Crystals donā€™t work on the special ore types in mining missions, so you have to use T1 strip miners from a barge, so at least no wastage unless you use T2 dronesā€¦
But, if you mine even a little bit with a T2 module, or drone (Miner II on a venture for a level 2 mission as and Alpha maybe?) the Residue rock loss makes the mission incompletable, same for ice and gas in higher level missions.
Your stuck with T1 speeds, and could easily as a new player accidently make it so you canā€™t complete the mission just because you upgraded your miners or drones to gather faster. (Which should be a logical progression to ā€œcomplete missions fasterā€ you should ā€œupgrade your ship/equipment/skillsā€.)
I havenā€™t done the math if the time for bonus payouts are still obtainable with slow T1 speeds for every level mission, but would watch that around the level 2 mark where people generally would be either high-ish level mining frigate (previously maybe with Miner IIs), or low level barge, since players canā€™t use T2 miner venture for Missions anymore with wastage. (which was an Alpha option as I recall, and barges are not.)

Thank you!
ā€“Robogod

2 Likes

You do realise putting new BPOā€™s in the game early benefits everyone.
The ONLY benefit industrials get is - They get to spend isk to buy them, spend isk to research them, spend isk to build them - All so other players get to buy cheaper modules at the time the full update goes live.

Look who Iā€™m talking to, obviously you donā€™t.
Youā€™d do well working for CCP, they have no foresight when it comes to development either.

Yeah those poor folks, they have it so bad. They slave and slave and do it all out of love dontyouknow.

You can try all you want but itā€™s nothing other than ā€œI want easy and low effort so I wonā€™t have to compete with other industrialists who put in more effort than meā€. The ā€œbut everyone benefitsā€ doesnā€™t fly, itā€™s really just a small ripple where some folks, the more active ones, will outdo the ones who chose not to.

Ripples are good, change is good, restrictions are good. It brings out the better players, given your reactions I doubt youā€™re one of those.

Can someone remind me again what the residue chance modifiers will be for T1, faction, and T2 strip miners?

1 Like

Scroll to Mining Efficiency, and then to the crystals.

2 Likes

He doesnt get itā€¦because like most of the cool kids, heā€™s a supah pvp edgelord who does not mineā€¦lol

I think I speak for many smaller industry groups when I say shove it and thank you very little.

1 Like