[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 9 March 2021

“Highly anticipated”

sounds like a plan, from the ccp clan

Yippieeeee…

Still no fix to the red dot? :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I heard the Red Dot code was interwoven into the POS code by an Intern. As soon as the devs popped the hood and followed the stack into the dark nether regions of the POS modules of code, they said “nope…waaaay too complicated in there” and decided to replace the inventory screen with Upwell inventory management in a future update.

1 Like

It’s on the internet so it must be true!

But Gawd I hope your just yanking my chain! :crazy_face:

Meh, maybe all for the better?

You must be fairly new to not get my joke. So, 5 yrs ago, CCP was trying to iterate on POSes and after months of trying to figure out the spaghetti code pile of crap that was POS code, they said “screw it! we’ll just make new space stations!”…voila! The Citadel patch was released.

The way CCP works is: if it’s hard and undocumented, just rewrite it. And why would you ever document anything? Games are only around for a few years, right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I got the joke. Just the wrong English on my part!

Didn’t they try to fix something in the POS code and they ended up deleting all the billboards in the game? I think they were afraid after that.

same here. they said they fixed back in patch notes for late February and it seems to be more consistent but there will be times where it still doesn’t . it seems to happen when you switch overview tabs or select something (i.e. another stargate, rat or the sun) before going through a gate

YES! so glad someone said something! thought it was just me! the new map causes some FPS problems so i tried to switch back and everytime i opened the map the game just totally crashed!

6 Likes

How about fixing the line of stars i get down the middle of the screen when i jump a gate i paid 20 great british pounds this month for absolutley nothing had 2weeks couldnt even get in the game and now im back i carnt duelbox with out crashing and crashes now and then solo with the star thing on gates put in how many tickets with no reply whats going on???

Good day, everyone,

The extended maintenance has begun. I will let you know if we expect to be done sooner than the estimated 25 minutes. In the meantime, feel free to check out today’s patch notes but please keep this thread for discussion about the extended downtime only and refer to the respective forum threads listed in the article. Thanks!

forget that junk when does the screw over small indy corps with resource balance swing back the other way as promised ?

This… I’ve never had an issue with it until recently, I hope it gets fixed before it costs someone a ship…

o/

Had me worried there, he’s still alive.

so many things to do

FC’s of nullsec? LOL
We roamed 80+ null systems last night and they were empty, apart from some botting Ishtars.
The only F1 concern the FC’s have these days is if their Titans are going to form as a sphere or a diamond.

2 Likes

Just an FYI:
EvEn those of us who complain love you guys and appreciate your diligence.

1 Like