CONCORD and Capsuleers

I know right? It’s uncanny, almost as if they are robots.

You should be able to put a can with donuts out in a belt so they arrive an hour later on the scene …

Finding and reading every piece about the Yulai Convention is a lot of work, so I’m not going to. But if you wanted to put in that effort, you could probably find the lore explanation by tracking those pieces down.

I could imagine that CONCORD isn’t allowed to ever shoot first for whatever convoluted space-political reason.

1 Like

Something something Yulai Convention.

Death penalties have little consequence in New Eden.

But to be fair, I wouldn’t mind seeing CONCORD to retaliate pod kills with pod kills and to reduce the sec penalty instead. The whole concept of security status seems a bit like it was done by a school teacher. It may work overall and in the statistics, but it seems to be too liberal in design for my taste. Like it had a lot of players who committed crimes merely by accident. Now with the security switch (green, yellow, red) are there simply no more accidents. All crimes in New Eden have become premeditated crimes and the idea of redemption seems only foolish now.

2 Likes

Am I they only one who has read Tony Gonzales’ books? It explains all this.

So you want to nerf ganking? I don’t buy the lore argument though. Failed ag?

2 Likes

I can’t read. Could you provide a short TL;DR?

if you are a pirate, you should be KoS. Seems pretty reasonable

1 Like

I’m more surprised that capsuleers with negative security status can move freely through the empire gates, rather than being blocked out of their access. Or concord not actually popping the capsule of a criminal-labled capsuleer along with their ship.

You mean if everyone could just shoot me without CONCORD intervention at any time even in Highsec that would fix the game for you?

3 Likes

That’s a really stupid idea …

Please do tell, oh wise man!

That would save 2 minutes for the gankers, at least those operating from a set base.

Because CONCORD has absolutely nothing to do with security status. There is another type of NPC (faction police) that does that:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Security_status

The decaying empires and their CONCORD fear the capsuleers uniting and finally finishing them off for good.

Because negative security status is not an indicator of how bad you are, it is an indicator of how bad you are to other capsuleers, who are often not good guys themselves (lore-wise) no matter they shoot other capsuleers or not. CONCORD cares enough to make them suffer the consequences of their actions by flagging them KOS to capsuleers and faction police, but they don’t have reason to do more.

CONCORD has capsuleer killswitches.

Really? Because if they did, theyd have used them by now

That is the lore thingy on why they can basically switch off your ship but are useless against drifters and normal pirates. Because capule tech is jove tech and they gave CONCORD the killswitch.

But they are just there to limit the direct unsanctioned capsuleer interactions. I mean they don’t even interfere if you directly attack the empire forces, miners or other random non-capauleer corps.

I dunno, I mean apart from a lore explaination as to devs just killing your account, I still hold to the reason CONCORD exists is to protect the normies from us.