CONCORD and Capsuleers

No one cares about the normies Ramona. They are just there to clean the hull from time to time.

1 Like

Arent CONCORD normies though?

And the Emperor and all those other hisec folk?

which can’t happen becouse if they mad they just switch your clone pod off and you die for good.

For what i understand: CONCORD COULD kill you with a switch, but you are more worth alive and killing pirates and drifters/sanshas and rouge drones. Becouse tecnically a capsuleer is a one man army.

The end justifies the means meaybe. And maybe if a capsuleer just applies in a pirate faction, THEN they kill them.

The kill switch is what they use if you commit a criminal offence. Their ships are not all powerful, the reason why they can immediately disable your warpdrive and jam you is that kill switch. It’s not to kill the capsuleer but to basically disable the ship.

No, CONCORD is only regulating capsuleer vs. capsuleer interactions. They are not concerned about the mortals. Go try it and attack NPC mining operations of some empire faction. It will not be CONCORD that is responding.

You didn’t answer my question I asked previously: You said as a pirate I should be KoS and I asked if I’m for example -5.0 and I would become attack-able by anyone without CONCORD intervention if that would fix the game for you?

Concord’s advanced tech is provided by the jovians currently the SOCT holds the jove seat .The jovians always regarded capsuleers as humanity’s future and from the introduction of capsule tech have been guiding us gently toward becoming better and stronger.
Because of the jove influence Concord does not take action against capsuleers unless it’s warranted such as in unprovoked attack under Concord protected territory or as we call it suicide ganking.
From a lore perspective capsuleer fights are not viewed as a serious matter since the pilots cannot die for good

So why not make everyone a Capsuleer?

There’s a lot of misunderstanding in this thread of the basic premise for CONCORD’s tolerance for capsuleers of any and all security status. Capsuleers are useful.

You see, when big bads like Sansha or Drifters come along to any part of space, Capsuleers do most of the pew pew while CONCORD can just focus on evacuation efforts. Capsuleers can also be financially supported by the Empires in proxy wars, either through the Faction Wars or through contract missions. Capsuleers can even support pirate factions, and even though some of those jobs target CONCORD, taken as a whole it achieves something that real life Britain looked to do with Europe.

It achieves a balance of power.

Even with a super low security status a Capsuleer can, as part of the greater tapestry of the cluster, contribute to keeping the balance of power in check. One might also redeem their status and become another available gun for hire in fighting potentially existencial threats. What pod pilots do to other pod pilots is inconsequencial so long as the strategic assets of the Empires are left untouched.

Forgot to mention, Capsuleers can and have perma-died outside of the pods (and old lore explainations for insurance included insurance available for irredeemable loss of limb or life outside of the pod) and it has been argued perma banned characters are pilots with their cloning and pod flying licence revoked.

2 Likes

Because the process is expensive and a very small fraction of those even genetically compatible survive, let alone pass, Capsuleer training with all their marbles intact.

Remember, you are in a sensory deprivation chamber, seeing and feeling through electronic proxy the ship and its sensors. Huge amounts of data are going through your brain, with mutliple things demanding your attention at all times, all the while you’re not even breathing air let alone seeing anything from your fleshy eyes.

1 Like

I don’t know if that would fix the name, but scurly would be logical.

Still not seeing the issue.

How expensive? Like a Titan? Thats not expensive anymore.

And so what if tge majority die? They are worthless normies anyway.

I think youve been reading CONCORD propaganda.

The empires grasp on power weakens by the day.

CONCORD acts as if it has the power to stop Us, but it doesnt.
They exist to protect the old states, the “normals”.

One day, We will grow weary of pretending to fear or respect them.

I think I read that the biggest gripe about turning into a full capsuleer is at the end of their training :

You get told to lay on a table and they proceed to terminate your existing body, so you get transferred into a new one nearby, completing your training with that.

That’s where a good portion of people will stand down and get cold feet.
Rightfully so, if you ask me. Will you still be the original, with the consciousness/“soul” transferred, or just a copy of everything while the original is over there, dead on the table?

2 Likes

Probably only Amarrs stand down for the soul thingy.

You may as well, what have you got to hang on to the old flesh for when its clear the memories transfer?

nothing. We are a bunch of chemicals

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.