CONCORD's possession of Triglavian Survival Suits, and the current Public Contract

Putting it simply, there’s mutaplasmid tech embedded in the suits - their exact purpose hasn’t been ascertained, but it’s entirely possible that their inclusion allows for the controlled adaptation of the wearer’s body to a huge spectrum of climates for the sake of livability and survival, to some extent.

I’d doubt it’s something malevolent, as it’s something they wear themselves, but it’s not entirely out of the question that we haven’t come to understand every bit of the tech in the suits. Personally though, I’d bet we’re safer than not in the case of wearing them ourselves.

Triglavian datastream records concerning augmented foreign narodnya (us) don’t have a malevolent ring to them, more akin to study than fear or aggression on the Collective’s part - if they’re planning against/in fear of anything, it would be the Ancient Enemy Azdaja and the corrupted Hivelinked narodnya, whomever they are.

6 Likes

I would say don’t talk bad about the nice hood. It looks nice.

But my bad fashion sense aside. In some cases (planet side) a hood would be practicall to ward of rain and wind. But I guess inside a station or ship it’s more a unnecessary thing, were my guess would be it’s mostly used as some kind of radiation shield/ cloak. As the head is exposed

1 Like

I, for one, welcome the fashion of our new Triglavian overlords.

3 Likes

Maybe the Triglavians wear assless trousers and CONCORD are refusing to reveal this to new Eden in case of civil disturbance.

7 Likes

Some would suggest that the absence of pants denotes a highly advanced civilization.

7 Likes

Or at least a comfortable one.

5 Likes

@Tyrel_Toov don’t get any ideas…

3 Likes

Does the suit give any bonuses…no thanks.

1 Like

Maybe if you’re a Triglavian?

(“Our survival suits improve your chance of successfully re-adapting yourself to unfamiliar extreme environments with our patented mutaplasmid hives! Located throughout the lining, our hives trigger on abrupt environmental change to ensure maximum coverage in minimum time! Never face the embarrassment of having your extremities vaporized by solar plasma again!”)

Sadly keeping those bits installed seems to be considered a bad idea.

3 Likes

What do you mean? That sounds fun

1 Like

Radical bioadaptive modification with an alarmingly high failure rate? You’ve tried mutaplasmid tools on ordinary modules, right? Imagine doing that to yourself.

Only, I expect it’s a little different when it’s a biological system they’re modifying. That could mean a lot of different things, though.

1 Like

that’s true, since we still do not know much about mutaplasmid, it could work better on biological being than mechanicals one or worse ^^ who know?

but paradoxically, it is easier to start over the process on a human being than on a machine. Simply because it’s easier to reprocess biomass than materials.

3 Likes

Ohh man, that would be crazy!

Mutaplasmid implants! You plug it in, and suddenly random stats change. Maybe you gain some extra Turret tracking, or maybe you lose a big fat chunk of Armor repping.

Somehow, sticking a microchip in your ear makes all the devices in your ship perform differently. So why not let RNGesus take the wheel and jam a set of High-Grade bad ideas up your nose and see how it pans out. If it’s a flop, then you just rip it out and try again. Although if you’re gonna keep with the spirit of the module mutators, you’d have to scrap the toon and make a new one.

So… Mutator Skill Injectors then? Gives you a chunk of SP to some things, by randomly subtracting from others? And just like the modules, the odds are it’ll eat up 1 mil SP from your favorite skills, and give you 1k to something you’ve never even bothered training since CharGen.

I think it would more be a reaction with the implants and the brain, it is, after all, what alter our use of ships. muscular/fat mass do not. Moreover, the nanoimplants we do those days are what is the most like “bio-tech”.

It is definitely an interesting things to study.

The main problem is that the collective do not seem to give use the mutaplasmid we need to do it.

3 Likes

I dunno, I’m just still scratching my head over the idea that a survival suit doesn’t have pants. ‘Yeah, we figure you don’t need to protect your legs from the vacuum of space/toxic materials/extremely high temperature/invasive pathogens’??

Just lop everything off at the hips and bleed out? That’s your ‘survival’ strategy, Trigs? Somehow, I don’t think that’d… you know… survive.

3 Likes

Just because it is not there when getting it cleaned by CONCORD do not mean there IS no pants.

Maybe they are just much more complicated to clean?

Maybe triglavians do not have legs. Maybe their survival suits are the equivalent of our capsules.

We know so little about their biology that it’s hard to speculate.

3 Likes

I mean, you only need to protect the bits worth saving, right?

I can easily explain the hood, and I am ashamed that no-one else here has thought of this very basic and sensible thing.

They are because the Triglavians have hair, you rotters. Some of them must have quite long hair, even. And for anyone who has tried to put a full-face full-head rigid helmet over long hair, and maintain a containment seal, the fact that there is a flexible and expandable area at the back of the suit’s head will not surprise them and will seem very natural and welcome. For other people, surely it will seem so strange, and they will come up with many odd theories, but I tell you it is very simple.

Hair.

Really, you lot. For as many of you have more hair than fits in a helmet, I expected this to be obvious.

6 Likes

I’d say you could be on-the-mark there, but there’s a whole “helmet” under the hood - don’t know if I’d simply call it a helmet though, given its pliability:

4 Likes

How’d you get rid of the hood? What Sorcery!?