Connection problems again

Aye Sky as well.

i logged on 2 accounts on 2 machines and both was disconnected at exactly the same time. Seems to be a pattern with Sky broadband users ?

Could be a DNS Fault however most Sky Routers don’t allow you to change that, could still be a problem with EvE Servers accepting connections from that DNS as apposed to the DNS being the source of the fault seeing as other services are unaffected.

Can’t even stay online for 2 minutes now. Tried contacting Sky but since i’m not shielding or a carer for someone who needs too I can’t get through on their phone lines. Their online help is total garbage as well. Hopefully CCP can give us some fix or workaround for this.

when this started I had google DNS (propergates better for web development) so its not a DNS issue

I’ve been having this problem for the last 6 hours or so, constant disconnects.

Possible fix:

I started using a VPN and connecting via Finland. I’ve been connected with no interruptions for forty minutes now.

I’m honestly not sure what part of the route using a VPN changes, but if it works I don’t really care.

Recommend anyone else who can use a VPN give it a go - might help us confirm the problem and hence help CCP track it down.

i wouldnt know where to begin with this workaround. I know how to install a game then play it lol

Im having the same issues. Internet is working fine, nothing running in background/downloading yet it keeps kicking me out every few minutes. Very frustrating.

Edit: just to add i am with Sky too!!

Same here, lose connection pretty much every 5 minutes on my accounts and I am also with Sky. Similar to most internet is working fine for everything else its just eve. Pretty much making the game unplayable.
Anyone recommend a fast VPN? to try

20 minutes logged in using VPN, so far… will update in a while if it continues

Just spoke with sky and given them the details from the CCP connection log seems to be a single point of failure;

ComputerName RemoteAddress RemotePort TcpTestSucceeded

tranquility.servers.eveonline.com 172.65.201.188 26000 True
singularity.servers.eveonline.com 87.237.38.2 26000 True
live.chat.eveonline.com 76.223.92.61 5222 True
launcher.eveonline.com 13.224.75.44 443 True
cis.ccpgames.com 0 False
login.eveonline.com 104.18.10.107 443 True
www.eveonline.com 2600:9000:202a:7a00:d:4374:7d40:93a1 443 True
lts.ccpgames.com 2600:9000:20df:6000:8:da20:4cc0:93a1 443 True

lucky i spoke with a gamer at SKY i guess, its now with their back office hopefully CCP can fix this from their end first!

3 Likes

Update: 2 hours with VPN, no disconnections.

I can confirm used VPN, 2 hours without any connection drop

Same here, 2+ hours all good

Sky as well. Can’t stay logged in. Also UK.

Hi all. I had the issue too. I have solved it I think! ‘Sky Broadband Shield’ is standard settings where you can enable/disable certain categories (of which online games is blocked as default) of online content. You can access these settings via your account or via the MySky app. Hope this helps!

can confirm, after several incidents with random disconnects and lately massive problems with the captcha thing, I installed a VPN and that fixed everything.

Cloudflare is BROKEN.

Having similar disconnect issues from the US, only thing to pop on their connection testing tool is cis.ccpgames.com.

Great fun watching all of your clients drop at once even when you obviously still have at least some amount of connection to the game as you watch your ship enter the warp that you had initiated and land where you had intended to and just sit there until you hit the quit button.

Starting today, I’ve been disconnected 3 times, about once an hour. This is not a normal occurrence for me.

Connection Lost - Connection to server was lost
Connection Lost - The transport has not yet been connected, or authentication was not successful

2 Likes

Just to add to this post. I have played this game for over 10 years and never noted any significant DC’s. In the last week, i have experience regular disconnects on all accounts that are logged in, and the accounts disconnect simultaneously.

Today i have had two DC’s within 30 mins of each other and am presented with: