Connectivity Issue: Socket closing

Working well since yesterday morning, thanks! :slight_smile:

aaaaaaand, it’s back.

yep…worked for 2 days… now getting socket closed after character selection

1 Like

Confirmed, it’s back. Second or third weekend in a row? Well, I suspect it won’t be worked around until at the earliest, Monday downtime.

1 Like

Same problem back again. this is becoming very annoying!!!

1 Like

Ditto, it is now very very bad.

Incredible that you solve the problem and manages to get it back after DT today.

:scream:

Cheers
/pn

1 Like

You may, but probably will not, have luck with this,

If not, please open a friendly support ticket!

https://support.eveonline.com

I’ve included some copypasta:
( but please update it with your Operating System and/or any other useful informations )

Type:
“I have problems logging into the game”

Title:
Connectivity Issue: Socket closing after character select screen, before client loads.

Detail:

1. Reinstall OS and Launcher and download full new client.
  2. Open launcher.
  3. Launch client.
  4. Select character.
    Expected Results: Client loads fully, into station.
    Actual Results: Socket Closed, client does not load, and exits.
    Reproduces: Always.

“Socket Closed” message between the character select screen and before the client loads, on Tranquility. Singularity loads fully. Issue persists after resetting launcher and client settings, or reinstalling Launcher or Client. Seen early august, and again weekend of 4th until downtime on Monday 7th. Reproducing since downtime on August 11th.

Operating System: OS_GOES_HERE

Support Article (https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/201827699--The-Socket-was-closed-message): Suggested steps, did not resolve the issue for me.

For more, see forum thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/t/connectivity-issue-socket-closing/

Category:
“I have issues connecting to the game”

Submit.

Thanks!

****! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

and its ■■■■■■■ back ■■■■ my fuckingl ife on my birthday weekend eve jsut doesnt ave to work what the ■■■■ did ccp do to make it not work was working just fine but nope guess we cant have nice things

1 Like

Happy Birthday!!! Maybe CCP will give you a birthday gift and fix this mess for all of us!!!

lol i wish i dont even have a skill training

I have skills training but my omega status is about to expire if I can’t get in to plex it and then no skills will be training. Why can I get emails from eve that my account is going to expire but no email about how they working on the ******* problem. I submitted a ticket when i woke up today but still haven’t heard a word about whats going on.

last time on this ticket it took them over a week to get back to me

where the hell is ccp like god ■■■■■■■ damn can we not get any help damn its something they are doing. like it happens to all of us on certain days like there is something they are ■■■■■■■ doing to cause it and fix it for two years ive ■■■■■■■ payed for this game like can this not happen. more than 500$ in a year come on ccp!

1 Like

l have to laugh, went to the test server got straight in no black window no problems at all.
Tranquility the same mess as yesterday.

Well l will pay for subs, but l will stop to play as long as this issue occurs.

Cheers
/pn

This error started today for me, approx 13 hours after I last logged on successfully,
Have tried using this “workaround” however is still not working.
Hopefully CCP can fix this tonight?

This error was reported several years ago. So you can assume.

Day 3 of no Eve. I f the patteren holds I should be able to login tomorrow. This really sucks!!!

Still no response of CCP … this is so cynical.

1 Like

same here made few tickets already and sendet logs and screens ,…
EBR-129905: DISCONNECTS