Connectivity Issue: Socket closing

Same as last weekend, problem went away this morning. I hope its really resolved this time and it dosn’t happen every weekend, not being able to play 3 out of every 7 days is ****** up!!! I still havn’t heard anything from ccp on my ticket.

I’ve been working fine for the last few days. Once again, this morning the issue returned. I did receive a response from my ticket a couple of days ago that indicated that the problem was resolved. I have updated the ticket to reflect that it is not.

Exactly the same for me, It’s getting pretty irritating, I didn’t realize I’d subbed wit Off-Peak’ PLEX…

Me too… since dowtime today … are we all from UK?

UK here, on O2 mobile network.

No. I am from Ukraine. I wonder, is this problem sheduled for weekends?

I’m in the Central US.

Broken again.

Yep…worked for 2 days…now its back to socket closed after character selection…central US here.

I am down again as well, eastern US. Both linux and windows systems.

Second day, same issue, no response

I can log to singularity though , but not Tranquility

I’ve been having the same issues as OP for most of the last two weeks: received “Socket Closed” error in between character selection and the game launching. This happened consistently for the first 1-3 attempts usually, but eventually I could launch the game.

The problem cleared up for about two days during the middle of this past week, but then it restarted immediately after a server DT. It’s been really bad today; my last attempt to launch the game took about 7-8 attempts before finally succeeding.

I also have had account login connection errors during the last two weeks, with the first attempt failing and the second usually succeeding. The login problem has been less frequent for the past several days, but it still happens sometimes, including today.

I have no internet connectivity problems and no issues connecting to various websites. It’s just EVE that hates me.

Hi, just had the same issue since yesterday, finally got a fix, I am under win 7 and had run an optimizing software changing my TCP settings (and a whole lot other stuff) but got to log in again by resetting the TCP to default https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_TCP/IP_to_Default

You can read my dialogue with GM Spider at the end of this topic, hope it can reassure you guys that they are investigating the problem Constantly Disconnects "The Socket is closed" just scroll down and you will find all my dialogue since the first ticket :slight_smile:

Bless you! I had to reboot after making the settings change, but this worked for me.

Shi_Hearthbreaker : Sorry to hear that you have also been having socket-closed problems, but it looks like your symptoms are different overall. Check what the OP posted as well as others on this thread. However, the server-side diagnostic data that CCP apparently has is interesting, so thanks for posting that information in the other thread that you referenced.

1 Like

Has anyone had any recurrence since last week? I’m getting reports from my ticket that the issue has been resolved, and I’ve been working successfully since Monday. Anyone else seeing results?