Conscious Interruption Problem

Well maybe because ppl living in high sec are not used to having to deal with tackling, may not even have the skills for it. If you’re a mission runner you’re used to tanking and dealing damage, first and foremost.

1 Like

too dumb to know that cruisers lock faster than battleships and are faster…

I find that hard to believe.

There might be some truth to that…those same high sec guys fly untanked 20 billion isk laden freighters through the same gates every day.

There is always a tool for the job in EVE.

1 Like

Because vigilant get shred by the DPS.
Because if you web a BS that runs 1700m/s it takes time before his speed drops, and since you also are scrammed untill it reaches 15km out of you your mwd turns off and you end up at very low speed while the BS has 180m/s minimum.
Because you can’t warp fleet, so you need to wait until fleetmates come in.

Basically, for reasons that you would know if you had tried your own idea instead of calling people “dumb” on an internet forum.

also you need FOUR points in the escalation, not ONE.

And yeah, it’s a typo, 1000 m not 1000km.

so post-patch, here’s what I’ve found:

Cruiser sites

Still doable with a solo Gila. Three Guri Hivaas x-type ballistics, augmented Hammerheads, the second you land sick the drones on the cruiser (spam F, it seems to have a hell of a jammer on it that causes the drones to disengage every few seconds), launchers: rapid lights with autotargetting missiles - you might hit lucky and drop a couple of the smaller ships as well. Dual AIF shield tank (I like the Republic Fleet large shield extenders too, they’re relatively cheap), and that cruiser is toast before the timer runs out.

Battleship sites (Signatures)

Here’s where I had to get a bit creative. Carrier DPS is just about adequate to kill the battleship, but you need to slow the thing down. Drastically. So what I came up with is a twofor:

Supercarrier carrying two flights of web fighters (Dromis) and three flights of dps (Ametats)
-and-
Omen fit with 500MN MWD and two webs, triple trimark and cap/grid in the lows to stabilise for a protracted burn/web. Carrier lands first and takes first aggro, Omen lands second and burns straight for the BS. By this time the Dromis should be microwarping to the BS, and should reach it in time to primary web it down to ~900m/s. Now the Ametats should be able to strike for about 1500 per flight volley, and the Omen will have no trouble catching it. Omen lays on the webs to drop the BS to ~275m/s and orbits at 500m with the propmod OFF (remember by now the MASSIVE signature bloom on MWDs and the fact that you’ll probably be into armor). Your damage curve should tend to zero on the Omen and the fighters will now be scoring 3000+/volley. One dead battleship in shy of a minute and a half.

Score so far: Lost count on cruisers, 19 battleships yesterday. No losses to carrier or Omen.

31c

Did I look worried?

31d

Nope. One more volley and the BS was space confetti.

3 Likes

Nice work mate :smiley:

2 Likes

Why are you lying? I did several with a Vigilant.

That is why you web it before it gets up to speed…

Yeah you can. Do you even play EVE?

Yeah I suppose all the bpcs skins and boosters sitting in my cargo just magically appeared.

Did the same moron that told you that other stuff also tell you this?

Try fleet warping. Try a Vigilant with a 60% web. And try to stop lying…if you can.

1 Like

and how can you when there are two BS and two cr ? you spread your webs ?

Then tell me, how do you warp fleet to escalation ? I play eve and I have not found
(yet)

Or they dropped from beacons and sig sites ? Which I have no issue doing ?

No you OBVIOUSLY did not.

I did not only TRY but DID it. You have no clue what I am talking about, so stfu please.

OK I tried the escal one more time after DT and they were buffed. could not break one BS with vindi+bhaal, however they broke the tank of both my bs with hardshell dose II

Good news and bad news.

The good: They buffed the HP since DT just like you said.

The bad: Had no problem fleet warping. Can still web it with a Vigilant before it gets range. Only needed 1 point. Even took some screen shots of the damned thing…as I was orbiting it while scrammed.

It’s okay. You can say I am right.

1 Like

As I said, you have no idea what I am talking about.

So, I will just say you are completely out of the topic.

You are an ignorant, insulting, despicable person.

The endless spawns got fixed, all ships that are not pointed warp away after 5 minutes now. Beeing able to hit the crusisers and battleships at 30km or catching them (fast cruiser with MWD or anything better) it the key to win the sites.

1 Like

Talking about the Beacon-sites (Cruiser) and the Sigs (Battleship) are two completely different things.

Last time I check the Cruiser-sites are perfectly doable with a Vigilant, as described by others in this Thread.

The Battleship-site is not solvable by running ANY solo setup I know of. You need it webbed and you need to apply up to 2000 DPS to crack it. This site also makes you take a lot more damage then the Cruiser site. A polarized weapon subcap will not survive.

The cruiser sites are good to run with a webber plus DPS setup if you don’t have a lot of skillpoints and use T1 ships. Battleship sites are better run with two buddies.

2 Likes

The sites are competitive, means the winner takes it all. If you make solo difficult, the only thing that happens is, that players bring alts. Why trusting someone to split a meager reward, if you can just avoid the hassle and take it all for your own?

Incursions are the only group PvE that is working in EvE, for reasons. Everyone gets a share, it’s hard to multibox, the reward is high enough and consistent to justify organizing a fleet of people.

6 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks that nerfing the droprate and strength of SP Boosters, especially for an Event around Capsuleer Day, is a bad move?

Boosters or Riot!

1 Like

Yeah, the timing is a bit off… I have nothing against basic accelerators, but of all events to have worse accelerators introduced, this is a bad pick. They should have released special SoCT boosters that get us excited instead of these generally unexciting rewards.

Of all events to not be very interested in, one with drifters and sleepers and centered around EVE’s birthday is not what I would have expected :confused:

4 Likes

Some feedback, the agency tasks are much better weighted this time. It still needs commitment but people can either go flat out with an hour break, or pace themselves at a reasonable level. I would like to see a better class of reward for the first two targets however, as lower skilled players are unlikely to be able push beyond that, no matter how much they want to. Everyone needs a motivation no matter how skilled. But a great improvement on the last one.

As for the sites, I may have misunderstood you, but the level of skill and ship to complete these sites is not trivial, and although technically lower skilled players could pick off a few frigates in the beacon site, they aren’t going do do more than that, and Other than capitals, I can’t see a realistic way any player, no matter how skilled can actually kill the signature site, I accept a dev in a cockroach can, but we don’t have that option.

This is some of the hardest agency combat seen so far, I am surprised to find that to go with the difficulty it offers the lowest reward. That’s not so good. Even more frustrating when one eventually kills the cruiser, and have a 50/50 chance of there being only fireworks and launcher in the wreck.

4 Likes

Definitely a major improvement, this is how the actual task timer should work. Players who have limited time to play actually have a chance to complete the Agency points spread. And yes, the points rewards definitely need to be buffed.

Again I agree 100%. The event sites are completely different compared to the stated description:

With various challenges for pilots of all levels of experience, and a number of different encounters that are tailored toward rookies, solo play, group play and PvP, there’s something in this event for everyone.

Obviously they have no clue about the majority of players in this game. Either that or their interpretation of what a solo new player / Alpha can do is way out of touch with reality.

Agree 100%, what’s even worse is the fact that most of the players posting here saying they can complete the sites easy peasy are actually double teaming it with alt characters in PvP ship fits.

This event is actually a PvP gank fest training exercise, fleet warps in with PvP ship fits, quickly applies Ewar and max DPS on specific target before the timer runs out.

7 Likes

Well if i warp scramble the battleship it still does 1900m/s.
How is this pvp mechanics ? well it’s not because battleship’s MWD would turn off but it does not.
Once again here’s prove that NPC’s are just cheating.

I’m still soloing the cruiser sites - with a PVE fit.

Sorry not sorry, you’re flat wrong.

So it has an afterburner…k