Conscious Interruption Problem

Can i get AB so my raven goes 1900m/s ?

If you can magically transform your Raven in to a Drifter ship sure.

But if I were you I would start selling Drifter ships if that were possible.

I think DMC means battleship sites.

Cruiser sites are fairly easy, but only if you have exact fit and skills to use the ships able to solo it quickly, so I would say its for skilled players, not rokies. for rokies there is always bounty challange.

1 Like

The Drifter cruiser sites aren’t even for skilled players because there’s no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. You get more loot from farming the Sleeper frigates, so figure that one out…

2 Likes

The one thing I will complain about is the scramming issue.

It’s is pure, utter and total BS that the Drifter Battleship has a scram that will turn off MY mwd but my own scram won’t even affect it at all.

If an NPC can scram like a player it should be affected by warp scramblers like a player would be.

2 Likes

Maybe the drifters bought golden MWDs for :credit_card: PLEX from the NES store that are unaffected by scrams… as part of testing features that will be made available to capsuleers in the future. :neutral_face:

1 Like

If they start making Drifter ships available to capsuleers…

You probably never fought against a Phantasm or Nightmare, where scrams are useless as well …

1 Like

Have any proof that Drifters use a MWD? A single web from a Serpentis ship slows it down to 180m/s. Is that too fast?

When a nightmare does 1700 meters per second, can’t be neuted, can’t be ecm’d, and can’t be damped I’ll worry about that. And yes after 11 year I think I’ve seen a few of those ships, that has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

Regular (mission/anomaly/etc) NPCs aren’t affected by most ewar either, but they also can’t turn of MWDs and MJDs. either. If an NPC can do that, it damn well better be just as vulnerable to ewar as a player is.

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

The BS site’s are not worth running, me and a friend ran some yesterday and the loot was horrendously bad especially for the 4 ships we used to kill it.

More worth while to hunt people running the site and steal the training speed implant’s from them and maybe get some good drops from their ships at the same time :].

2 Likes

Drifters laugh at capsuleers and their scramblers. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah right, please post your fit and do tell us what tactics you use.

1 Like

Well, that basically pretty much cuts Rookies out of getting any of the special loot that drops in Event sites.

Also I highly doubt Rookies will be able to complete the Agency points spread to get the final reward just by doing the Agency Bounty tasks, especially since the rats that Rookies can kill don’t have large Bounty on them.

1 Like

I think others posted it before, but this works pretty much 100% of the time against the Cruiser.

1. Have a Vigilant. Fit a Faction Web, a Sensor Booster, MWD. A bit of tank, but more gank.
  2. Fly to the site, activate your Sebo while in warp. Pre-overheat your Web.
  3. Immediately when you land target and web the Cruiser, as he is burning away from you. You’ll normally have the target lock when he is between 9 and 15km away from you (hence overheating the Faction Web)
  4. Also immediately approach/keep at range, use one MWD cycle. Stop overheating your Web.
  5. Shoot him. I found 250mm Rails to work better than Blasters. Also use your drones.

You are right though, this is pretty skill intensive.

For a team of new players I think there are quite a few ways. A Thorax/Vexor/VNI supported by a Vigil or Vigil Fleet Issue should get the job done.

The problem with the site is the comparably bad loot drop (last time I checked). Personally I like that the sites are harder than before, but giving them such bad drops kind of spoils the fun. Especially the nerf to the Boosters, that’s just sad for Capsuleer Day XV.

3 Likes

Yeah totally right and this really really sucks. While I can easily farm as many of these sites (takes me <2 minutes to finish it from warp to warp) as I feel motivated to, new players get the broom.

It’s sad. They are the ones that need the SP Boosters the most.

They are also the ones who need the Sunesis/Gnosis BPCs the most, but for the vast majority of new players, the Drifter Sig is just completely out of reach, even if they team up.

*To be fair, the latter is only my assumption. I don’t know it for sure, I just remember that being a low SP char means you have significantly lower damage output, application, speed, tank and so on.

2 Likes

First of all, I don’t need the fit, I’m max skilled in Loki T3 Cruiser, as well as all support and Ewar skills.

Secondly not every player is skilled to pilot those ships or use those specific modules.

Third, the actual description for the event:

With various challenges for pilots of all levels of experience, and a number of different encounters that are tailored toward rookies, solo play, group play and PvP, there’s something in this event for everyone.

CCP flat out lied about it. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Cruiser, Battleship or whatever site, it’s not what was described and it’s not PvE content that most players can do solo. What everyone in this and other threads are posting is PvP ship fits. And most of the time multiple characters are being used to complete the sites.

Personally I don’t like being lied to or coerced into doing something a certain specific way just because somebody thinks that’s how it should be done. This is suppose to be an open sandbox game, not an orchestrated theme park. I asked him to post his PvE fit and his tactics because he’s supposedly completing the sites solo in a PvE ship fit.

Anyway, I get it, you and a few others want to do PvE content using PvP ship fits and tactics. Not exactly sure why but that doesn’t matter. For all intents and purposes, this event is actually a PvP Gank Fleet training exercise.

1 Like

The answer to my problem was divorce… Now I pity the married man.

I think it was interesting to optimize my fit for Stratios to complete these cruiser sites faster. I only lack few lasers in high slots now. :thinking:
Or maybe autocanons?