Conscious Interruption Problem

In running these sites for the past few days I’ve only managed to acquire a half dozen of the most basic booster (the +6 variant). Based on the drop rate and difficulty to complete the site new players will be further ahead running L4s and simply buying the basic boosters on the market.

1 Like

The drifter BS (■■■■■■■■) is affected by scrambler. However, it does not use a MWD so … well, nope.

THEN many NPC are way better than players.
Try to solo a (real) drifter BS and watch as it one shoots your BS once its shield wears off.
also watch as they neut/web/scram you at an impossible range.

NPCs are predictable, it’s up to you to find a solution to the puzzle.

Concerning myself, I really like this event. very different, not very worth so you can do it or not.

[Machariel, Queen Anne’s Revenge]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Tracking Enhancer II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

Drone Navigation Computer II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
True Sansha Warp Disruptor
Gist C-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

800mm Repeating Cannon II
Heavy Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Vespa II x7
Gecko x1

Standard Blue Pill Booster x21
Standard Drop Booster x9
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L x12098
Nanite Repair Paste x25
Optimal Range Script x4
Tracking Speed Script x1
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB5 Dose II x46
Basic X-Sense ‘Consciousness’ Cerebral Accelerator x2

Solo’d the drifter BS with this, keep at range 12k to stay out of scram range, its faster than the drifter so it can’t get away.

It’s not very lucrative, it was a fun challenge though.

I think you summarized this event perfectly.

Ok, for the site that requires scanning and contains the Battleship; an Omen with oversized Afterbunrer and two webs can catch up to his crazy speed and stop him, then use DPS ships to taste. Also note that we were able to find a site in each HS system we scanned.

2 Likes

[Gila]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender

Salvager I
Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Valkyrie II x2
Hammerhead II x2
Federation Navy Hammerhead x1
‘Augmented’ Hammerhead x2
Imperial Navy Infiltrator x1
Infiltrator II x2

Inferno Auto-Targeting Light Missile I

Land, launch augmented hammerheads, lock the cruiser, burn at it, spam F and light up your launchers.

Job done.

1 Like

Zoidberg says, why not nerf the cruiser’s speed by about 20% at least then more ships can actually get caught up with it.

uses a speed tanked loki

1 Like

Well it’s obvious now that this event is for people who have alot of skills and not people who started playing 2 months ago.

1 Like

The event isn’t really for anyone, as those that need that kind of loot can’t do them and those that can do them don’t need that kind of loot lol

5 Likes

True.

1 Like

Respectfully, SPC One and Makshima, I have to disagree.

This is an event for carebears, certainly the hi-sec Cruiser istances :: the carebears fly in, ignore the “target” ship,and farm the drones. For this they get shinies, which is what carebears want. the drones do next to no damage, and the Cruiser, while it does damage, doesn’t particularly focus its aggression, not in a PvP manner.

And, just when things are getting tedious … everyone else warps off and the carebear gets to Loot the Battlefield. And get even more shinies. And can go back and boast about Surviving Sleepers (even if they are just lightly inflated balloons, shooting spit-balls)

My 2c.
Fly safe
o7

4 Likes

Well the loot from the drones is totally worthless, you get fireworks and citadel launcher.
Salvage also gets you metal scraps.
And site is timed, so it expires in 3minutes and all npc’s warp out.

1 Like

But what is the loot? Is it much better than the loot of normal sites? The normal sites have pretty low droprate of acceleratos and SKINs.
If the loot is only like 10% better, i wont bother putting fits together.

1 Like

I would say SP boosters are best for vets who cannot use Injectors. Personally with my 120+ mil SP i don’t even dream about using Injector but i would gladly use booster.

However for newbees injector is better because it provides quick SP boost without waiting (which is OK for us, vets).

3 Likes

Regarding accelerators it’s the same, but the Drifter Interruption sites have a chance of dropping 5run BPCs for the SOCT ships. Got 45 Gnosis so far and a ton of Sunesis.

But in general the challenge is nice, and I like to run the sites, but the outcome has not the good skill/reward ratio of previous events. Introducing basic accelerators as the entry tier was a dick move.

3 Likes

Damn, looks like i have to buy accelerators from the market this time if i want to keep all my chars boosted till the end of the event. 5 run BPCs are nice though. What ship are you using to farm the Drifter Signatures?

1 Like

Macharial, but people also use Vindicators. Check-out the event channel, my fit is linked there regularly.

1 Like

I spend few days fitting a t-2 fit for a nightmare, and i finally got it to do these new sites, although i have to overheat everything to web the drifter down it kinda works, but not always.

1 Like

space confetti rofl

Umm. Anyone with half a brain does the exact opposite, they ignore the drones because they have crap loot, and go for the cruiser. Especially as many people for some reason try to do it with Gilas and similar ships, with which it seems to take considerably longer, when you can clear a site in about a minute (including the targeting delay) with a Machariel and move on. I see Machariel as the optimal ship for this one, really. Obviously, while the site is doable with a variety of other ships, none appear half as efficient as the Mach. This is regarding the Conscious Interruption site. Having read other peoples reports, I haven’t tried the scannable ones as they simply do not, ISK wise, seem to be worth the time it takes to find and do them.

What do you mean with this? That the basic accelerators are not good enough or what?

1 Like