Continued Scarcity

EVE is most famous for its massive online battles across the gaming world not ganking , so your argument doesn’t hold up , people don’t complain about removing all pvp from the game , obviously some seem to complain about one style of it though

What does that have to do with anything? The game was created with the intent to accommodate both styles equally. Piracy and nonconsensual PvP aren’t mere “oversights” that the developers “forgot to patch out” of the game, but intended features, so why wouldn’t my argument hold up?

I said that EVE is known for large fleet Pvp and people don’t spend there time complaining to have It removed from the game do they . So your argument doesn’t hold up , they don’t obsess over removing what the game is known for

The game is well-known for more than one aspect (e.g. fleet warfare, piracy, economic simulation, politics), so once again, I have no idea where you’re going with this.

Asking for the removal of a major feature (any feature) is ridiculous because it undermines the game’s core integrity, and the artistic vision of its developers. Some people are begging for nonconsensual PvP to be removed because they are afraid of it and inconvenienced by it. The rational thing to do would be to find a game they can enjoy that’s in line with their preferences, instead of trying to change the game to cater to their needs, at the expense of the people who are playing this game specifically for the features that it offers.

2 Likes

I’ll do better next time, promise.

Yes the game is well known for Pvp doesn’t mean that people need to be happy with all the aspects of how that is implemented does it ?

To be fair the game is know for more than just it’s laggy tidi-fest battles. It’s known as spreadsheets in space, known for it being a sandbox with full loot drops and open pvp, known for scamming and hesists, revenge and backstabbing.

All these elements come together to make Eve known for what it is. A pvp sandbox. That isn’t to say that pve isnt an important part of the game cause it is… but Eve online is in no way known for its mission running, incursions, NPE, or even mining. At best for pve you’ve got a “player driven economy” and an extensive manufacturing facet.

To diminish any part of this because you think ganking or unconsensual pvp is dishonorable or dirty is to diminish what makes eve great. You don’t have to like those things, but you need to learn to play around them and accept them if you want to stick around. Or I guess you can cry and whine endlessly like lots of other do.

3 Likes

They don’t have to be happy. They simply shouldn’t enter the game if they aren’t. Nonconsensual PvP isn’t a “bug” that popped up in 2018 that needs to be “addressed” by the “lazy devs.” It was always one of the game’s fundamental features.

Don’t want it? Don’t play the game. It really is that simple.

2 Likes

Sorry but I must have missed that in the EULA . You must be happy with all aspects of the game or you shouldn’t log in

Way to move the goal posts.

You really think that?

Doing a modicum of searching the internet yields stuff like this:

1 Like

I didn’t, everyone is entitled to there opinion gankers , non gankers , anti gankers , its you who said if they aren’t happy with a certain aspect of the game you shouldn’t log in at all

The discussion isn’t with regard to whether or not people are entitled to have opinions, but rather with regard to whether or not holding specific opinions, under specific circumstances, makes them moronic mental degenerates.

Lol , that’s your opinion and your welcome to it

I like the Corvettes. Fast, agile, versatile, inconspicuous… Only the Destroyers come close but they cost isk.

I wasn’t drawn to EVE for the huge battles ( although they’re awesome ) I was drawn to the idea of living in a galaxy where most everything is permitted, even stealing and backstabbing but piracy is what really attracted me to EVE, the idea that I can hunt other players and that I can get hunted by another player who’s better at PvP than I am, the dangers of New Eden created by PvPers… Everytime I undock my heart beats faster cause I know I can be blown up to bits at any time… it’s just simply great!
Those who want to take that away from EVE are nothing but game killers and that’s infuriating!
Don’t want PvP? LEAVE!

7 Likes

:heart: +100

1 Like

Are you really calling ganking PvP?

I’ve been playing for 18 years, do you think you came up with something new?

I’m in J165006 if you want to PvP…no CONCORD to save you…

@Codename_Razorback Who’re you?? What do you want from me??

Nothing. You’re telling people to HTFU or leave. Did you not anticipate a response?