Continued Scarcity

Yep. We slowly ruining our own game. Its wild.

1 Like

Yes. PvP. Players looking for other players to shoot. Itā€™s awesome! There are plenty of players that want to shoot you.

Iā€™ll never understand why people spend all their time searching for players that ARENā€™T looking for that.

Theyā€™re petty easy to spot. Theyā€™re the ones with no guns mounted to their ships.

PvP isnā€™t a feature; itā€™s a design archetype.

Being able to attack noncombatants as an act of piracy is a feature.

Not being able to make a distinction between the two is the source of your derangement.

4 Likes

Why does it seem like every thread on these forums devolve into an off topic crybaby thread about ganking. Pretty pathetic.

4 Likes

Pathetic is hiding your losses on zKillsā€¦ Calm down ganker. Youā€™re the one looking for a safe space.

Except no one cares what some white knight thinks. This is a sandbox and people will play however they choose. At this point ISD should just insta-lock any thread that mentions ganking as itā€™s all been discussed before here and even back on the old forums. Nothing new to add or say. Crybabies will always be crybabies.

3 Likes

again, you are bringing real life into a video game.

this is a very harsh game, that while in the real world would have consequences, is very legit gameplay.

now, im not a fan of ganking, im a pve player, but ganking was in the game before i started and when i decide to finally quit playing eve, it will still be here.

even though im not a fan of ganking, iā€™m also not here advocating that ganking gets nerfed or this or thatā€¦ sure balances need to be made for them, or for their targetsā€¦ but outright trying to remove ganking, or as another person, be immune to pvpā€¦ noā€¦ thats not how this works.

2 Likes

This has absolutely nothing to do with my argument.

First of all, youā€™re objectively wrong because ganking in fact does have a built-in system of consequences. Whether or not theyā€™re adequate can be debated, but their existence canā€™t, which is why itā€™s always laughable when players like you claim that there are no consequences for ganking, that gankers are ā€œprotectedā€ by CONCORD, et cetera.

Second, players being cowards is in no way relevant to the existence of a specific game feature. Your kind doesnā€™t argue against ganking because of a desire to eliminate cowardice, because that would be an utterly asinine perspective to adopt. It would be like arguing against the existence of mining or mission-running for the sake of eliminating greed. No, all youā€™re doing is using cowardice as a red herring to move the goal posts in the argument for whether or not ganking should exist in this game.

3 Likes

Pathetic because I donā€™t care about Zkill enough to login and verify my account so it automatically grabs losses? Iā€™m ganking and losses are an implied part of the activity. I wait till Iā€™m done with a ganking session to upload kills so I donā€™t just hand out free Intel to every white knight that has me plugged into their discord bot. Why do you care about my losses so much? Does me having 20 thrasher losses immediately after killing a 1b+ DST somehow mean anything?

Iā€™m just not going to manually upload 20 losses. Itā€™s a waste of time. If youā€™d like to make sure my losses make it to Zkill, please be my guest and sit in system with me for hours while you tag along with concord on the killmail. Pathetic.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, did I hurt your little feelings?

2 Likes

No. Weā€™re you trying?

Thatā€™s when Iā€™ll stop playing.

1 Like

I donā€™t gank, but it is a thing and it keeps folks honest in Hisec.

2 Likes

True. Our Corvettes are useful in multiple ways. An empty clone, an MWD, and a corvette is great for making insta warps and is slow enough in warp to make safe spots easily.

1 Like

My granddaughter gives that a 6, maybe 7. Needs more face reddening.

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I feel about the defunct hi sec war dec stuff.

There is a distinct difference between consensual and non consensual pvp .

One time? Lots of times for me. But my fault. You donā€™t go to the 7-Eleven in the hood wearing your tuxedo. What was Batmanā€™s father thinking?

Yes, and?