share management within a corporation should be relatively easy, even as the mechanics stand, I actually have shares in a corp which pay dividends which i’m not part of and feel its managed very well
typically people don’t use the share holder system because well… they simply don’t know and can’t be bothered to learn how to calculate their share price or dividend payout. But most importantly they know that corp members owning shares = bad because corp theft and more worried about that.
the share holder system used to be that anyone with shares could instigate a vote to over throw the CEO, however this was changed and no one really picked up on it. you now need 10% of the corp shares to start that vote.
however if a share does in fact pay dividends, you’ll be hard pressed to find someone who will want to let that go, especially if it pays every week, 2 weeks or month. as people you could impose corp limits, you could inflate prices, but this lowers your ROI or limit how many shares can be purchased from the corp itself, outside of that you have to trade with other people.
ultimately it boils down to simply managing shares correctly
you want about 60% divided up between the parent corp, corp brass & used for wallet growth, how someone divvy’s that up is entirely down to them, the remaining 40% trade able.
in terms of the CEO and corp management aspect, i’d like to see a support system
where on a set day the corp will pay X amount of its wallet as dividend payments to those share holders
this would be cool to see automatically done but i know CCP has policies about that, it just makes sense to me to line up good corp management and some expenses like Dividend payments to be managed the same as jump gate activation or office rental fees.
I personally think it would just be cool to see a structure which is the “new eden stock exchange”
it would be like the jita 4-4 but for corp shares.
personally i think the wallet system could do with some tweaking to show how much you’ve spent in assets and to show you how much profit or debt you’re in to allow you to make more educated choices.
register your desired corp on the stock exchange, pay % of corp wallet in dividends on X day of the month.
this makes it entirely an opt in thing.
unregister / delist your corp to then opt out.
i speak from experience when i say its hard to fly against someone when you’re financially invested in their operation, damaging their operation means damaging you’re income stream.