Create pvp arena

You don’t need to be in a null sec war to get a fight. Take a small group and head to low sec, npc null or wormhole space. You’ll get a fight in no time. (Usually against a slightly larger group… until you’ve learned to pick your fights.)

Or take your small group, find a similarly sized small group in high sec and declare war.

FW lowsec. Blackrise :+1:

I think there’s a breakdown in communication here…

OP doesn’t mean an actual arena built by CCP, he’s suggesting he hosts regular arenas in an area of EVE, which players can place bets on the outcome of the fight, in a league/royale rumble style event.

He’s not asking anybody’s permission or requesting CCP to build an arena, he’s fishing to see if there’s interest amongst the community, and there seems to be!

Hope that helped

1 Like

Yes that helps a lot. Far, far too often players create threads like this (usually after or during the AT) requesting CCP make a closed environment for players to have an arena like the AT.

This has been done in the past by a number of groups.

Actually, there was a group (not a corp) doing this last year, right down to the bets.

I didn’t personally participate, but I think the fights were held on Friday nights.

So, all the tools are already in game, but I think people skills were the most important. They had to work to publicize their fights.

I can’t remember what they charged for entering the match, but the entry fees paid for the prizes.

-1 “Artificial PvP”

What you are looking for is called FW.

1. Placing CCP sanctioned RMT into the game, isnt really a good idea for EVEs development.

2. EVE strives (even though it doesnt always succeed) to be a realistic type game. Your idea pushes EVE farther away from realism and closer towards, well you said it yourself, Overwatch. If you want to play some other style of game i understand you can make a lot of real world money playing Overwatch, so go get good at Overwatch, get on a team and leave EVE to those of us that like its core concept.

The ‘arena now’ thread is closed. I was going to post a similar proposal again and still may do so.
tldr: This can be done with minimal loss to the precious ‘sandbox’, and I argue would rejuvenate it. Some pvp revamp should happen otherwise the downward trend in subscriptions will continue then gl with any pvp whatsoever.

Gee, bittervets opposed to something new, shocker. CCP listening to only the entrenched rich elite players is a problem. Go to eve offline and look at avg logons since 2013 (hint, solid downward trend). I know the disciples think they are defending the grail against the tide of superficial insta-gratifiers, but its not entirely like that.
Sorry but this game too often is damn boring and we all know this. CCP trying to save it w pve and expansions will never happen.

Some pretty smug and retarded comments, “just hit undock” right, thats all one has to do to find great content… “hold the matches on an honor system” do you actually play this game? ‘You can do it already’, no you really cant:-- ppl wont care about a small open-world arena, and if they do, they’ll mostly come to gank it. They sort of have 'em in fw plexes but ppl still get blobbed often. Who’s going to enforce the rules?
If its a big ccp feature, (with de-localized smaller arena’s also perhaps for those pirates or far-flung people) it will become a thing.

And the whole ‘sandbox’, “EVE strives to be a realistic type game” topic: Eve is a bastardization of both game and reality, getting neither quite right. But you know what they DO have in reality: dojo’s, tournaments, matches pairing competitors by skill and weight, you know that thing called sport. Know why? because sport is fun. So is mudstomping random ppl when they least expect it with 25 ships. Claiming one precludes the other is false.
There is both cake and the ability to eat it., and they will feed off each other. I play on Sisi sometimes and love it, but that doesnt make we want to ditch the regular server. Outside the arena is where the ‘real’ territory and environment lay. So when Rome built arena’s they gave up on conquering and fighting other civilizations and dissolved the army?

I’ll go one further and say the cost of ships should be lower for arena use only, and they be one-time use in the arena only. Any one can issue challenges, open or otherwise, under detailed conditions (or not). Does anyone want to see a titan vs 50 bling T3c’s? I do. All skill req’s still apply of course, and there is even more motivation for newbs to keep training and plexing (money cough CCP cough) .
Newish or even intermediate players have a major barrier to larger pvp. Grinding for days or weeks to buy a ship then getting it blown up in 30 seconds doesnt make new players want to stay or pvp. Even space rich players are often afraid to lose their precious bling ships sometimes.

Again, its called fun people, and yes , this is indeed a game. So even if this does cut in on some of the outside arena pvp… is that a horrible thing? So you all just really prefer to cruise around for hours looking for the tiniest scrap of content?
An arena wont be that bad. This is not overwatch.

1 Like

No, EVE is your arena.

1 Like

self explanatory title:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/pvp-arena-1v1-or-5v5-abyssal-sites-two-get-in-one-get-out/

Those boring parts are there for a reason. They may be geinding missions, ratting, mining, etc. They make you isk to buy ships for those few moments in game that get your heart rate up. The enjoyment factor of winning a fight in Eve whether 1v1 or fleet vs fleet is so much greater when you have that much work put into gaining those ships. Makes defeat that much more bitter.

To give Hisec more pvp, make it easier for war deccers to find content without blanket deccing.

Nico, the beauty is that no one is taking that away, despite what you fear. No-cost ships was never a thing. Do you really think everyone grinds pve and not plexing for their ships anyway?

And sorry, but the 57th time I get blobbed in a supposedly 1v1 plex, or are forced into an outmatched fight bc Im just that bored, my heart rate doesn’t go up, it is just ■■■■■■■ stupid and boring.

You’ve also touched on essential and perhaps divisive perspective: game vs life proxy. Everyone wants to keep the sandbox and some dynamics of rl. BUT, frankly alot of us already have a demanding rl. You may be dismissive, but that is cavalier. People are in fact leaving if you look at the chart. It’s like saying 'Merica: love it or leave it.

A balance can be struck
An arena is not counter to eve’s essence, I’ve given so many sound logical supports in this and the other thread.

Every single ship that enters an instance that is not part of EVE has left EVE and the count is -1 in EVE.

What happens when 20%or 30% of the population is in an instance, either PvP or PvE and suddenly whole areas of EVE are empty.

All instanced space diminishes EVE by the number of ships in it.

It is math.

Not part of eve… here is the essence of your (and I think others’) ‘misunderstanding’: They are fully part of eve. It may slightly cut down on the part of eve that you want but its still the game.
It’s obvious you dont want an arena due to nothing other than you think it will mitigate easy targets to blob and drop with your entire corp and feel awesome about it. boofucking hoo. Grow some nuts and deal w it.

Yet again, consider the amount of pilots who dont usually have anything to do w pvp, engage bad fights, or even have alts that undock at all. These are all potential Arena candidates since it is more inviting than what you offer.

No, you are simply wrong.

An instance is a copy of the original, many players can each have a copy. That is what Abyssal Deadspace is and things like Arenas. Copies of the original.

The entire point of the single server is that there is only one copy of every system and everyone effects everything.

From a development standpoint it is as cut and dry as 1 + 1 = 2.

Im not sure if you’re high or just… nvrmnd Good talk.

Translation: You don’t get it.

3 Likes

You dont get it. Eve is a group. The arena you so desperatly want will be another group. And get the damn notion of all of us drop blobs and gank and run amuck all piratey and such out of your head. Its about the general population over all. Stop being a ding dong and realise an arena will take from the sandbox, each grain of sand a player, system, structure, modual, etc, and disrupt the entire ecosystem of the game. From the market, to war targets, to ship builders and miners. The arena will become an rng cesspool like many other first person shooters. Eve is not about point click kill like other games. It is about gathering resources; i.e. minerals, pi products, bounties, salvage/loot, and allies to accomplish your goals over time. Its not an instant fix game like what you want created. You want arena, build another game away from eve.

If theres some ISK in it me and a friend would help keep the thing running.