CSM 13 - High Sec Issues/Suggestions/Ideas

It sounds a lot like you want the safety of highsec, but the rewards of null.

Maybe consider moving to null, if you want higher rewards.

this is so wrong i do not know where to begin…but the end result is this:
Lv4 missions, if you know what you are doing…salvage and loot everything…

Then Mission Bounties+Mission Reward+Loot+Salvage+LP Conversion = at minimum 180 million and upwards of 300 million ISK per hour in High Sec.

Your numbers for income from HS are woefully under what can be achieved; perhaps you have yet to max out? I commonly earn 16+M on salvage alone on many missions. Throw in actual loot,bounties, and LP isk worth and you are far, far above 15M/hour. It is true that exploration in HS is hit or miss, but I’ve had over 200+M drop from certain exploration sites. Now that IS rare, but it happens and I easily average more than 15M/hour doing exploration along certain system chains I’ve discovered. All of these figures are easily accomplished once you learn where and what activities are the best in HS to do. NS would consider any HS activity mostly a waste of time and, based on their numbers, rightly so.
However, the main thing I’m looking to discover or obtain is FUN. When EVE starts feeling like a job, that is when I start looking either at different activities or regions (or,bluntly, other games). If CCP wants to focus on improving aspects of HS, then adding variation and newness to a stale experience would be worth far more than juicing up the payout for any activity. Numerous, and I do many numerous, ideas have already been presented that should be within the dev resources of CCP that would revitalize HS and not destroy EVE’s economy. Not all us are min/maxing isk searchers; many are looking for much more in the terms of gameplay options.

2 Likes

The average for Level 4, all accounted, used to be around 50 to 60 million per hour without blitzing. There’s severla missions worth more than 15 million each, and they certainly don’t take an hour to complete.

The problem with missions it’s not reward. It’s the fact that they never are expanded and standings serve no purpose at all so there’s no other reward than try a different ship or weapon system against the same familiar faces.

Many voices asked in vain for years that highsec had its own end game content based on PvE, but CCP couldn’t be arsed to even keep the content they had fresh so players stayed subscribbed. Now it’s too late, highsec population has gone down by 40% or more and keeps dwindling so it’s just a matter of time until new players meet a series of ghost towns in highsec while they’re starting and quit with the very sensible guess that EVE is a dying game.

I will provide access to @Brisc_Rubal if he want for L4 mission so he do it solo and check it him self.

I know, that it is worthless to kill me because of this crap-bounty. My char seems to be young but my main is from 2008!
I am not “scared” to undock. I know EXACTLY the bounty mechanic. The point is, that I do not WANT (!!!) any bounty from others, because this bounty tool is just a grieving sh!t.

Write something in a official help channel. Some id!ot will give you a bounty. Not because I did something to him. Just because he is bored, finds it funny to spend crap-bounties or this guy is just dumb!
Beside… have a look at the help channels. Barely somene REALLY provide help there. Why? Say something, get bounty, THANKS!
I get bounty? You dont get any help from me! Just as simple, but perhaps not user friendly. Hm… its CCP’s fault!

And it is my opinion, that this is harassment! I dont want it, but I have to deal with it. I did nothing wrong, did not attacked someone! It must be so, that it is NOT possible to spend bounty on chars with a positive security rating, as it was before this sh!t with the bounty-system!
Or at least get rid of bounty by paying the same bounty sum to CONCORD. Dont want to lose ships or get killmails to get rid of bounties!

possibility to catch inties taxxi and cloak ship trick with instant lock

the bounty tool does nothing other than a small payout when you die and a wanted logo on your character sheet… seriously its nothing to worry about.

Another option would be to give the Pilot the chance to call in the police for Isk. Paying the fees to have the police actively stop a gank rather than reactive only.

The endless bumping has no defense and is stupid - should be fixed. I dont run freighters but feel this way anyways.

Its challenging to program “Harmful Bump” detection, such that accidental bumps are not penalized. Think of all the situations and places where inadvertent bumping might happen.

The idea CCP was attempting, seems reasonable: limit an attacker’s “bump time” before victim warp happens. In this case CCP’s code only needs to look at the fact that ONE ship is attempting to Warp, but not reaching the required speed for a certain length of time.

More than 2 bumps on the same gate is kind of easy to count. If you bump more than that on a gate…its purposeful.

Stations arent important to be counted.

I read in this thread that individual player’s risk/reward paradigms are set in stone and don’t change.

I find this to be a shocking and silly assertion.

My first year in the game (I’ve since biomassed my main…) I was pure pve and tried desperately to limit my risk. I didn’t want to lose anything and didn’t feel like I should have to.

I worked hard for that raven, dammit.

Then I tried PvP. I lost dozens of ships trying things and came to think of ships as ammo.

Getting killed went from a horrible setback to an acceptable outcome depending on what I was facing.

I came to see fun as the objective of the game and risky behaviors in ships just lead to better stories and crazier fights.

We’re not locked in behaving like we are. We behave like we do because of the way we see risk and our assets.

If we think the assets are expendable, losing them doesn’t feel like risk or loss.

If we think they’re our real property forever, earned by righteous mining for hours of labor… we are going to poo a bit if someone kills them.

It’s perspective, not a personality trait.

1 Like

tl:dr

1. Higher sec status unlocks soloable sites in high sec, meant to challenge pilots more than level 4 missions

2. Introduce a way that allows people to be proactive against ganking

3. Overhaul bounties as a high security status pilot vs low security status pilot game, that introduces PvP in a new way

Make high security status mean something. Perhaps tie it into bounties. Only people with positive status can place them. And only on people with negative status. Maybe open up sections of space where only those with high standings can go. Special sites. An “endgame” if you will, for high sec missioners. The loot shouldn’t be as good as the best null loot, but give something more than level 4’s. No incursions aren’t the answer. Perhaps every full point you can access a stronger tier with better rewards. So you need +5 to get the best. That takes effort to get there. (though easy to stay there, true)

Make avoiding ganking something you can actively defend against. Seriously, right now you just align, warp away and need to sit in a station until the player leaves. Or get your combat ship, but then they leave. A week old character flying a 2mil ship can completely disrupt characters with millions of mining SP and 100m+ mining ship and there’s nothing the miner can do about it. Can you imagine how gankers would rage if they had to get a 50m ship and 10m SP just to have a shot at a noob in a venture? It’s kind of like that.

It’s ridiculous. It’s like in real life, if you walk out your door, that guy is going to shoot you. But you can’t defend yourself, can’t even call the police until the bullet hits you. That’s how high sec ganking is right now. And while people like to talk about carebear tears, for every one thread of a miner complaining about how ridiculous ganking is, there’s ten of gankers whining that ganking is too hard. That committing violent crimes, in highly secured space is too hard. Gee, really? Wonder why that is? Let there be a way for vigilantes, anti-gankers and others to actively fight back. Perhaps tie it to the bounty system? Especially if only high security players can place on low security players, then maybe open up that if you have a bounty, you’re not only fair game, but people are alerted when you enter a system. Honestly, it would add real PvP to the game. Something gankers claim they want. (though we know they just want easy targets to harass people)

Finally, the bounty system as a whole. Previous suggestions mention it and I think those two changes would be awesome. But it would also be great if it became, well, a legitimate bounty system, somehow. I think anyone who has a bounty placed on them, should have the bounty disappear after say a week. Not more station sitters who never undock, being the face of the most wanted. The reduction can be a % of the remaining bounty on a player. So the player will never stop being “wanted” until they’ve finally been killed. Make the most wanted list fun. Perhaps whatever region a character receives their bounty, they’re put on the wanted board in that system. So you can see which targets have been in the region, getting bounties placed on them. I’d say negative sec status could raise up to say -2.0, based on isk paid out on bounties, so red targets who’ve been killed a lot, are suddenly yellow and able to move around high sec more easily, once again.

Overall I think a bounty system that makes bounties fun, interactive, while also making it hard to grief with will add a lot of depth to the game, introduce a new way to PvP and let players who currently feel victimized to fight back. Also, with a disappearing bounty, it would act as an isk sink, something the game can always use more of these days. If someone wants to remain the most wanted with a trillion isk bounty, then they need to keep throwing isk out to keep it that high.

There doesnt even have to be a negative affect for bumping more than twice if it should happen by chance (unlikely). Just make it so they get passed through similar to what happens on stations when you are first undocking.

Great idea… and if you do crimes in HS it has an consequence not like it is now where you can just buy tags and raise your standing.

@Brisc_Rubal

Any ETA on the summit notes?

Soon™.

Damn, that was a quick response; don’t have a Boeing account obviously.

i saw this day coming, the day i saw citadels was going to be high sec, eve i’m afraid is imploding, what really needs to be done, not my opinion, but looking at it through a sustainability point of view is a lot of things, so i’ll break it up into sections:

High sec changes:

corporations and alliances needs to be sliced up into 3 slices (militias, pirates, industry)

militias - be a type of guild that can declare wars, form alliances in high sec
pirates - be an outlaw in high sec using concord rules to kill only players that has a bounty on them
industry - invulnerable to player attacks while in high sec, the only thing they’re allowed to do is trade, manufacture, salvage wrecks, and run industry missions, can only have a bounty placed on them outside of being in an industry, but if you have a bounty on you, you can’t join an industry until the bounty is collected on you or you choose to pay a harsh fee to turn yourself into concord, once you pay the fee, no one can place a bounty on you for 7 days

Character development

limit the number of character creations to just 1
skill development to accountwide progress
limit a player’s account to only have one account per address and payment method

Alliances

alliances should have their own seperate war decking prevliges that only applies to 0.4-0.0
alliances can only be made between pirate groups and militias

Player owned structures

bring back poses, poses should only be allowed to be anchored in wormholes
citadels is 0.0 only
PI is 0.0

No…gimping HS by limiting choices is not a solution.

1 Like