CSM 13 - Null sec Issues/Suggestions/Ideas

Bot farming and carrier pve. Capitals should be a capital investment and not a yolo pve boat you fly every second of every day.

Wherever you go in null, you get dropped upon with a carrier or dread. EVE used to be a competitive place but now every roam end with your cyno and capital online.

Remove the cyno module and leave the covert cyno. Capitals can use gates now, they do not need to insta-travel from north to south and back to kill this ibis in syndicate 10 minutes later.

3 Likes

Sov upgrade to remove local for non-alied entities,cyno inhibitor hic module,

This is why I’v given up and moved to low sec, eve online is not what it used to be for the solo/small gang pvper.

1 Like

Idk maybe a targeting delay after jumping to a non covert cyno…

1 Like

IMPORTANT :

• add to Jump Drive system to the bowhead, is very cool for deployement.

It will not. All it will do, is more capital drops on roaming gangs, more botting (yes, because bots can read grids better than humans and can report gate activity better than humans) and more power concentration. Removed local will only have adverse effects on EVE.

Yet when local was bugged many suspected botters were destroyed.

I guess the adverse effects are to the bot nations

That’s a singular event with no implications on how it develops further down the road. Drawing conclusions from bug created situations sure is a reliable basis for good argument.

And that is what you did when you guessed it would lead to more bots.

Capital drops happen all the time. No place is safe from hot drops or super bait. So that part is irrelevant.

If people want to kill bots, removing local has already proven to be effective.

I base my assumptions on current developments on intel bots, capital usage and general player behavior. And these aspects clearly point towards lots of adverse effects.

It has not. It has only shown that you can kill bots which have not been adapted to the erratic local/removed local.

Like I said.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you don’t hear about too many people running bots in worm holes.

1 Like

get rid of the requirement for toaster fleets

Remove local. Falcon wants it gone too.

2 Likes

Ratting needs to have some risk to it. Currently if someone isn’t 100% afk or brain dead they are basically impossible to catch. Some suggestions of mine are shooting rats should give the same 1 minute of aggression as shooting anything else or rat need more points and improved ai. I’m not sure but something should be done.

1 Like

There were ideas to get rid of bounties COMPLETELY. Replacing it with tags people would have to loot and then sell in high sec by use of NPC orders in NPC stations.

3 Likes

Here was my thought for dealing with the free Intel provided by Local…

Leave High and Low Sec the way it is. These are faction space, and the factions want you to register yourself with the local channels the whole time you’re there.

Unclaimed Null Sec loses Local functions completely. Nobody owns it, nobody’s paying the bills, so the local channels are offline. Your name only appears if you speak in chat, and it disappears after 5-15 min of silence.

Claimed Null Sec has the option of reactivating the local channels. Maybe it’s a deployable, maybe it’s just an I-Hub upgrade. But it allows them to turn the registration stuff back on… So long as you enter the system through a registration checkpoint. That means if you jump in through a Stargate, or you undock from a station, your name will appear in Local (possibly only for the 5-15 min timer as before). But if you enter through a wormhole exit, or by riding a Jump Bridge, you will not appear in Local unless you speak. And maybe you can set it up so only non-Alliance members appear, that way you don’t advertise how many of your allies are in system.

This means a single Cyno alt may appear for a time when they sneak into the system, but the fleet they invite in later will not. And the invading fleet will have no idea exactly how many of you there are ready to defend.

1 Like

Out of all that I think the best part of it was that you disapear from local chat after 5min if you have left or not, that is kinda cool as you can infiltrate and observer for awhile and completely fall off the radar ^_^, but the rest will make it heavily tilted towards defense.

This was the solution I was brainstorming as well - make local available as something that requires an upgrade and has a cost.

I like it why should the wandering roamers get local for free our sov our local