[CSM 15] Gobbins

All good, just a head’s up.

You need to run for CSM yourself as the “Make Wardecs Great Again” candidate.

While this conversation quickly dropped into wardecs it’s far from a wardec exclusive problem, it’s a diversity problem like we went in the last couple of years from a landscape of unique alliances with unique identities and goals and asymmetric objective warfare to standardize corporations.

Wardecs are a great frame work to talk about this, but i’m far from arrogant enough to believe i have the solution for the war mechanics but if we can’t see a solution that removed all diversity from the eco system in favor of basically one approach as a bad thing in something as isolated as war mechanics, then what does that say about the rest of the games mechanics.

Like i can advocate the idea but there is far from community support for it, so really a CSM run on such a platform is well a exercise in failure.

Just a small correction, because I saw a lot of misconception over this in the recent weeks and months. Silent Company is actually very inactive or has a lot of inactive members. You can see this on Eve Prism:

https://eve-prism.com/?view=alliance&name=Silent%20Company

Their main corp, has only ~1.5k active players, despite having a character count of 10k. https://eve-prism.com/?view=corporation&name=Strategic+Exploration+and+Development+Corp

Comparing that to even PH and PH Inc., the results should speak for themselves:

https://eve-prism.com/?view=alliance&name=Pandemic+Horde
https://eve-prism.com/?view=corporation&name=Pandemic+Horde+Inc.

Heck, Init has only 4k characters and they still have 2k active members, that’s more than the main corporation of Silent Company.

https://eve-prism.com/?view=alliance&name=The%20Initiative.

I was just here to point out that “member count” doesn’t necessarily mean retention if you don’t regularly do inactivity purges.

that assumes pvp activity. When your in highsec in a wardec free alliance the data isn’t exactly “clear”

5 Likes

Correct. I was asked in talking in stations discord to check our retention rate in SEADC and a few days back it was 25.3% for a 2 year period. Now as our goal is to push active players out from the entry corporations we land probably somewhat around 30% players who have logged in during the past 30 days if you can count logging in playing. Also keep in mind that our recruitment focus is purely on new and returning players meaning we do also get a lot of those who log in once and never come back :slight_smile:

This like horrible no like seriously, if any project i set out to had a 30% retention rate i would massively question if there is a casual relationship between my project and well people leaving.
Because that means a majority of the players you recruit quit the game,

Taking a random sampling from your member base i would put the average age of characters around 30 day’s before joining, giving them a general retention rate of over 50% that means 20% more of your player base is leaving the game then well the general eve population, the leave rate drops to about 50% after 14 day’s going by the invasion tour slides that CCP presented.

Edit: more after 30 day’s as my lazy math was a bit off ( because i should not compare your results with the next step on the slide but rather with the final step ), so it’s like 45ish% rention for that, still making you have a 15% high drop out of the game rate.

Taken that 30 day retention rate for eve in 2019 seemed to be 2% i think we are doing still fine :slight_smile: But maybe not a topic to hijack someones else CSM post

To close the circle perhaps you could ask Mr Gobbins what he does or would like to see happen to further the goal of new player retention?

1 Like

I appreciate your efforts in the space of Quality of Life issues that used to plague our humble corp. Getting rid of randoms’ ability to send corpmail that messed with the new player division of our alliance (and probably other’s as well) greatly improved our ability to focus on development on newer players-- as opposed to putting out a fire when new players are taken advantage of.

Gobbins is good people. My very brief interactions with him have never been negative, and is generally positive of players IRL development as well.

since i am in pandemic horde and i have seen myself how the structure is build up
they are very active in getting fights or atrecting groups to come and fight

but there is a detail a lot of people forget
roams are commenly for fun but it is a way to trigger the other groups to also look for fights

every massive fight has a political reason
and that specific reason or target wich is hoped to be achieved is not always publicly visible

and that ofcourse has to do with the structure of controll
if everything would be publicly visible it would only be like a senat regardless wich country
ppl would jst be pro and against and it would cause a lot of stress
specialy for the people that are absolutly not interested i nthe political aspect of eve

So…about that whole “war deccers are all merging into one group thing…”

So pirat Sding is like great for the wardec eco system, mostly because it means any changes to the system don’t have to deal with the blob created from the last batch of changes.

But like really the last group doing something just deleted there alliance isn’t all that much of a sign of a healthy eco system.

GOBBINS!
I challenge you to a debate on “Trash Talk Tuesday” at a timeslot of your choosing. I am calling you out, will you accept? Or is all that talk about being “THE Conflict Driver guy” just that, talk…

Unlike with many of my other endorsements, I doubt that Gobbins really needs my support to carry his candidacy onto the CSM.

Regardless, as I’ve always appreciated his gameplay focused point of view on EVE, and found him incredibly communicative, he has my support.

3 Likes

I don’t think people should be able to unanchor/scoop strucutures that are put into timers…just my 2 cents.

I loved what you had to say, you’re the most effective candidate that I’ve reviewed so far - alphabetically. Other candidates are focused on their values, on their experience, and their in-game accomplishments. You appear to see this role as an opportunity to effectively generate change. You appear to -clearly-understand what a position on CSM means, understand exactly what power-of-influence it provides and what exactly can be done with that power and how. You have a CLEAR AGENDA that is realistic, concise, and clearly laid-out, did I mention realistic? It was ‘so good’ to read your bio. I actually was able to learn something useful reading it. Perhaps most importantly of all as far as politics is concerned, you made me feel confident and inspired my belief in you. What a wonderful thing to share, thank you good sir.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.