Storm Delay for CSM 18

Hey everyone

Why the CSM again?
After the successes of CSM 17, I have decided to try and follow up with an even better CSM 18 tenure. I believe we managed to positively influence the last 2 expansion releases (and hopefully the next one as well), and with your help I can keep providing my point of views for the next ones with the added benefit of the trust built up in the past year

Who am I?
I have been part of Pandemic Horde’s leadership for the past 7 years or so.
I have fced medium to large scale fleets, mostly in nullsec but also duking it out over lowsec moons before the untimely demise of passive moon mining, finding my best success with bombing fleets.
I only rarely FC anymore, rather focusing on enabling and supporting more talented and motivated FCs than myself, as well as managing a good chunk of Pandemic Horde’s IT services.

What can you expect of me?
My interest points have not seen large changes since last year, and I believe they are more relevant than ever:

1. Conflict drivers, especially for medium to large scale fleet fights
  2. Capital escalations, and how to provoke them
  3. Citadel mechanics
  4. Fleet PvP balance and keeping the meta fresh and interesting
  5. Risk/reward balance
  6. Force projection
  7. ESI (corp history endpoint anyone?)

Most of the above topics are related to each other in some ways, and while I have no illusion of single handedly fixing everything, I believe progress has and can keep being made in these areas if the player base and the CSM are vocal enough about them.

4 Likes

@Storm_Delay

1. What has CCP got correct?
  2. What has CCP got incorrect?
  3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
  4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
  5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
  6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?
  7. How would you improve PI?
  8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?

If you were at least semi active in the forums or discord i would think about voting for you…
But you came on here last year shouting vote me vote me. And no 1 ever seen u untill now… saying the same thing " vote me"

No support from me-- In my opinion, you egg’d on continued and sustained harassment of people in game not within the “Tranquility Gamer Guild” That comprises of the members of the Tranquility consortium. This includes IRL harassment. :-1:

Some of these questions are too wide to properly answer, but I’ll give it a go.

1. What has CCP got correct?
    The past few balance passes have been good overall, and I believe they are going to keep being on that level for the moment.
    The FW update was pretty good.
    LP taxation and trading is a huge success.
    Photon UI was a difficult project, but I think it was a great success and enabling multiple overviews was a huge upgrade for people like me.

2. What has CCP got incorrect?
    The management of ESI and all the incidents around disabling some endpoints is a huge issue, and while it seems to be going in the right direction it’s far from being great yet.
    The lancer dreads and their interaction with JFs have left me completely baffled.
    They still don’t seem willing to remove failed experiments from the game, e.g. metaliminal storms.

3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
    Something akin to the old passive mining moons

4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
    Citadel fittings. Generally, they are disincentives to fights and you can’t do anything about them as an attacker. I’m talking about reducing capital escalations (tether, XL neuts), increasing the tedium (plates).

5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
    I’m not sure how to answer that, most things that exist ought to continue doing so.

6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?

7. How would you improve PI?
    One click global/planet extractor reset
    Templates

8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?
    I’m not a UX/UI designer, I have more thoughts about how they should rework corporation roles (more granularity) than about how the information should be presented to players. Some pagination for the member list would be nice though, to avoid long loading times in large corps.

2 Likes

I am active in multiple discords, and keep an eye on a few others as well as r/eve, but you are right that I do not interact with the eve-o forums at all. Just because you have not seen me does not mean other people have not.

Hi @Storm_Delay You can read about the questions and you can read everybody else responses here:

If you have anything to support claims of IRL harassment, I suggest talking to CCP about it. Otherwise just take your ■■■■■■■■ somewhere else.

I’m surprised to hear someone say this, apart from some annoying choices, I think that the Photon UI was an improvement overall. I hate that there are non-resizable windows but I love that there are multiple overviews.

Good idea.

Thanks for your reply, good luck!

Yeah i have seen you in ph discord tbh but thats the only place…most csm last year did town halls and interviews with the popular shows etc… i voted with the guys a thought were good…regardless what gobbins told us who to vote.
Met Kenneth Feld… he was a real nice guy. He would defo get my vote if he wasnt blocked.

so what would you change for say some of the points you made? Say for instance risk reward what needs changed etc.

Do you think that a system more like the ACL system would make sense for how this granularity could be implemented?

I support this candidate. I think he’s been doing great at keeping CCP doing the right things.

Not sure what an ACL format would help with, it mostly needs more clarity as to what does what, more granularity especially for roles around structures, and a refreshed UI to manage titles etc.

CMS 18
You are all welcome to advertise
introduce yourself on one of the largest German Discord servers
And to advertise 1300+ are waiting for you Respect Honor Passion

The candidates are invited LIVE in the stream

And with LIVE translation English to German !!
introduce yourself in an interview and ask questions
to be answered by German speaking players
Yours sincerely ;)) (Neo ceo RHP)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.