- An Ore Industrial Command ship need to be in the middle of fleet and in the middle of the belt to give maximum boosting coverage. When an Ore Industrial Command ships is the middle of the fleet that massively increases the distances that the mining or ice drones have fly to complete a whole mining cycle. I have maximum skills for drone velocity, mining drones and Ore Industrial Command ships. The mining drones tech II have a velocity of 687.5 m/sec and the Ice Harvesting Drone tech II have a 337.50 m/sec with my skills. I comparison a Heavy Combat Drone aka Ogre tech 1 has a maximum velocity of 1,250 with my skills, a Medium Combat Drone aka Valkyrie tech 1 has a velocity of 3,125 m/sec and Light Combat Drones aka Warrior Tech 1 has a velocity of 5,250 m/sec with my skills.
Solution - Increase the velocity of Mining Drones and Ice Mining Drones or increase the bonus from skill training. I would like to see the velocity increase by 50-100%.
- The bumping mechanic is broken when used to hold down Freighters or high mass ships. There is no difference in be held down by bumping or being hit by a warp scram.
Solution - Unknown but I would think going suspect.
- The issue with the Industrial ships, Transport ships, Freighters, Mining Barges, Exhumers and Mining Frigates are all a little different from ship to ship. All of the ships are no where close to the same power level of any combat ships in New Eden. If these ships evolved along side the combat ships they would be quicker or have more tank aka more slots, cpu and power grid to tank harder. There is a reason that you mostly see only Procurers mining.
Solution - All of the ships above need a complete balance pass. If you need more information on these, I can message you in game with more information.
- Before this patch if you hit a Freighter with a webber the Freighter would instantly warp even if it was unaligned. This is the active counter to be bumped for ever in a Freighter. This also reward active game play and decrease warp align time.
Solution - Bring back the trick or increase the alignment time of Freighters or look into the bumping mechanic
- Modulated Strip Miners II cost a lot and us a mining crystal charge that is specific to the ore that is being mined. The Modulated Strip Miner II has the same cycle time as it’s tech I counter part and only increase the mining amount by 8% at most.
Solution - Increase the the amount mined to 10%-15% or reduce the cycle time by 10%-15%.
- There are real consequences for ganking in the game. I have seen -10 standing characters still ganking in High Sec space. Gankers are free to travel around high sec in pods even at -10 standing and free to continue to gank.
Solution - Don’t let gankers dock at any NPC owned stations throughout High Sec once they hit -4 security standing. Start allowing NPCs to pod gankers PERIOD! Removing players from High Sec at -5 or -6 standing. Allow gate guns that lead into High Sec to kill -6+ players. Make consequences High Sec ganking matter!
- Since I have been playing I saw the old war dec mechanic used to extort aka strong arm robbing players in the game. I saw small corps selectively targeted for this activity. I thought once the war dec mechanic was changed that is would slow down because of social only corps but it has not. I have spoken with many social only corps that are still be targeted by gankers and bumpers for the purpose of extortion aka strong arm robbery. I have seen the extortionists follow these small corp around for a week and laughing about being able to drive players from the game.
Solution - Change the bumping mechanic and have real consequences for ganking.
- For the last 6 months in High Sec I had been seeing larger corps/alliance use the old war dec system to turn areas of high sec into renters space through threat of violence in game. I was hoping that war dec changes would decrease this activity but it only made it worse. Now the largest alliances and corps are targeting any corps that have structures for this activity since they can not longer target everyone not in an NPC corp. This is effecting the game by removing infrastructure that is needed in any area of space. These predatory alliances and corps are not replacing the infrastructure once it is removed. They have no desire to make high sec better or the space they are trying to control better and want to line their pockets or pad their zkillboard.
Solution - Make War Dec costly, remove the profit from War Decs, make War Decs a fight for control and not tool for extortion. Make the cost increase for difference in the corp or alliance size. Make War Dec only good for a single solar system so it would be used to remove stations in that system or a single constellation. If a corp or alliance want to buy off all concord to have a War Dec (aka buying targets) across all of New Eden it should a massive expense.
- NPC miners mine way too much. I have personally seen NPC miners clear a whole system of ore. On top of them mining the amount that NPC miners mine is counted in the daily belt spawning formula like a player mined it. If a player plays late time zones, most system will be mined out or very limited as where they can mine.
Solution - Remove the amount the NPC mine from the daily spawning formula, this way players compete for the ore on a single day and not forever with the NPC driving down the ore totals that spawned daily. Limit the amount of ore that NPC miners in a 4 hour period, that would allow for a larger portion left over for late time zone players. Allow the evil NPC to engage NPC miners to drive them away. It is funny to warp into a belt and 4 Angel rats seating right beside a 6-8 ship NPC mining fleet. Also decrease the return rate for the NPC miners, once a NPC is driven off right now they return in about 15-20 minutes and have be ran off again. This a productive loss for players.