Current Connectivity Issues & Troubleshooting

@CCP_Falcon @CCP_Explorer I have figured out what is going on apparently your “DDOS Mitigation Solution” thinks all trafic comig through Uninet is a DDOS attack most traffic coming from Latin America passes though their network by blocking access to this particular ISP you are denying access to anyone that pairs with them which is pretty much all ISP south of Dallas the requests time out because the ISPs try routing it through the long way which has a round time latency that exceeds what the client considers conected.

If the DDOS Mitigation had to be turned on due to the alliance Tournament happening and this is going to happen each weekend the tournament is on there is a simple Solution to the problem Stop the Tournament,

Why should your players have to deal with connection issues Just so you can run a tournament for a select few 0.0 players ego.
Who do you ccp care more about the bulk of your player base or the minority of one section of the base.

Playing Eve Is difficult enough from distant places such as Australia at the best of times let alone when things such as this happen having the game take 30 minutes from the time you enter your password to the time u can see the inside of the station your in is NOT GOOD ENOUGH if it’s just for a few peoples ego.

Better yet, why not use a separate server for it, where only the participants can log into it?

1 Like

Its not the tournament it there servers and ya still getting socket closeing

atleast they have time close on topic move onto same topic just different post ffs rather have update on what doing about t

Welcome too new version of Eve Offline were any can pay too post in forums

We are aware that a small number of our pilots are still suffering from connectivity issues after recent issues with the Tranquility cluster and several DDoS attacks.Small Number errr try large number

@CCP_Falcon I still can’t switch my IP nor run the powershell script on linux. Is there any other way I can help with diagnosing the problem? Support ticket is open.

We don’t officially support Linux, so there’s not a great deal we can do to assist.

You can try posting here for assistance form fellow members of the community with Linux related issues, but beyond that there’s not really much we can do.

1 Like

so I’ve been having socket closure problems since at least the 4th of August, as thats when I submitted my support ticket, but I’ve had them prior to this at a much higher rate than any of my buddies.

it allows me to log in, but I’ll be off within 10 mins or so, sometime within seconds, a couple of times I got up to 30 mins!!! yay…
Its made playing this game impossible - I have 3 accounts all Omega, and all with same issue as you would expect. Not been able to play in at least 10 days… I hope it goes without saying, that this is completely unacceptable.

I’ve now had a response today which has led me to here. i really hope that what they have suggested with a new IP etc will fix my problem in such a way it doesn’t come back.

2 Likes

Was able to log in very rapidly to do PI, market Alts, transfer goods/funds etc prior to this change. Seems now that I keep getting blocked from connecting when I’m just trying to switch characters on the same account within a small time window.
Flushed DNS, reset router etc, same thing keeps happening, from both my home pc network, work pc network and neighbor’s wifi.

1 Like

1, Shut everything down and start at the power for the furthest away item IE: Router then work back to the pc.
2, validate the files in the launcher settings.
3, If you automatically log in change it to manual ie: enter username and pasword manually, (This might be a red herring but it worked for me)
4, if that fails then restart everything again after releasing and renewing your IP address.
5, check your firewall if installed has not reset permission (Just in case)

1 Like

@R_Dan @Brilok_Jogbar

Could you try sniffing your network interface while a socket close is happening? And possibly compare what happens around that moment to the normal behaviour before?

(And did you try using a VPN? And did you change your DNS servers prior to flushing DNS?)

Consolidate to one post.

It already is! Read the OP.

Please send us a support request with the details so that our DDoS Mitigation partner can take a look at this.

Please note that the complaints we got this last weekend were in the dozens, and not in the thousands one might expect if all ISPs south of Dallas were blocked. We still appreciate the fact that the low number of players affected are significantly impacted and we do follow up on the support requests we receive.

2 Likes

Flushdns stopped my issues ty

2 Likes

Not sure if this is of any interesting, but for login.eveonline.com and the amazon aws (lts-sisi) the ping fails with 100% packet loss. I don’t use windows and I don’t have any login issues.

Read the blog. First thing that jumped out at me is the references to Windows. Okay, so 90% of your customer base is on that OS. What about the rest of us? Doesn’t really matter to me, I can figure out what to do, but what about the poor schmuck who can’t? :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like