Current Connectivity Issues & Troubleshooting

They will have ICMP echos disabled, which is a common thing to do. Pings will then always fail and not get answered.

1 Like

Home is fixed.
At work I canā€™t do any of that stuff, thatā€™s all based in the IT department.
At work itā€™s 100%, try and login in at lunch and never had connection issues before, now itā€™s all the time.

Are other folks logging in from work, internet cafes, college dorms, etc also having the same issues?

It only seems to happen when I switch accounts/characters quickly as when doing PI daily or market trading.
If I give it a few minutes between account logins it works.

1 Like

Suuuuureā€¦ I still have a ticket open from last week. No responseā€¦

1 Like

I become this at Launcher Start:

404 - Not found

/release/2934-hotfix/de/

We could not find the path requested

I have EVE installed new and the Text still the same

1 Like

+1
404 - Not found

/release/2934-hotfix/ru/

We could not find the path requested

1 Like

change language in launcher on English, that fix problem.

1 Like

thank you so much =)

1 Like

Thanks for Help

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s why I said it might not be of interest. I wonder though, why do this only for this one server and not the others on the same subnet?

I really love logging in every time the launcher canā€™t remember my loginā€¦ and then to top it off it tells me the password i JUST CHANGED a week ago is insecure.
Been ongoing since last updateā€¦pain in the fckn ass, but I can live with it if game works haha

/end rant

1 Like

How long before a new player uninstalls the game, after they disconnect and get referred to the workaround list and are told to start running power shell command routines?

3 Likes

With a bit of help from fuzzysteve I found substitutes for the powershell commands and attached those to the still pending support ticket. Also this is not a linux, but a network issue.

Thank you sending us a support request; I trust that at minimum it included your location, ISP, and external IP address. Bonus if it included trace route to login.eveonline.com, lts.ccpgames.com, and tranquility.servers.eveonline.com and the launcher logs. I said we follow up on the requests we get, I did not guarantee a response within a certain time frame. We collect this information and forward to our DDoS Mitigation partner for analysis. At some point you may receive a standard reply when we mass-check if the changes done have helped.

2 Likes

This was an isolated incident during a Launcher update yesterday affecting localised versions; it turned out that the localised versions did not like the version number including the string ā€œhotfixā€. The problem started at 15:35 and was fully resolved at 16:30. We apologise for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Can we stop with the ā€œDDoS Mitigation partnerā€ stuff and just call them Amazon like everyone else? Noone is fooled.

The same Amazon providing the games broken whacked out chat systemas well as itā€™s login systems and backend. The same Amazon who caused 100ā€™s of thousands of websites to go down, running in the millions of damages because one of their crack AWS coders didnā€™t use spellcheck. And the same Amazon that, oh look at that Managed DDos Protection - AWS Shield - AWS, provides ā€œDDOS mitigation servicesā€ to their clients like CCP.

How about we get to the real stuff, like how long before CCP stops using Amazon? Before or after they kill your company?

4 Likes

What he said ^^

1 Like

Amazon does not provide DDoS Mitigation services for our London datacenter where TQ is hosted.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the first positive thing Iā€™ve heard out of this whole fiasco.

2 Likes

Got any sauce on that? Interesting-sounding story on that, I hadnā€™t heard about it.